First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Youā€™re right! Glad you said that. I finally found some install directions that said ā€œremove the factory rock rails.ā€ It was misleading, because it said that if you didnā€™t have the factory rock rails that youā€™d need special brackets. I just assumed that meant youā€™d be mounting directly to them.

So IAG, it is! šŸ˜† Thanks šŸ™‚ Just need to decide whether or not to go full length.
Yes, the value of the IAG steps (vs the full length) is they are an affordable step to address vehicle ingress/egress issues with an added bonus of being easily attached/removed as desired. The value of IAG's full length step option is it provides substantial protection to the rockers and doors from thrown rocks and debris (vs stock) and also is easily attached/removed. The challenge is the price now has crept into the range of other dedicated sliders with steps like the Zroadz (partial to the RockHard 4x4 myself).

So is the need just the step up/down? Step + protection? Ease of installation/removal? Mix and match and figure out where those factors rank. While I wait for my Bronco I continue to waffle back and forth between the full IAG step add-on and the RH4x4 full slider with step.

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the value of the IAG steps (vs the full length) is they are an affordable step to address vehicle ingress/egress issues with an added bonus of being easily attached/removed as desired. The value of IAG's full length step option is it provides substantial protection to the rockers and doors from thrown rocks and debris (vs stock) and also is easily attached/removed. The challenge is the price now has crept into the range of other dedicated sliders with steps like the Zroadz (partial to the RockHard 4x4 myself).

So is the need just the step up/down? Step + protection? Ease of installation/removal? Mix and match and figure out where those factors rank. While I wait for my Bronco I continue to waffle back and forth between the full IAG step add-on and the RH4x4 full slider with step.
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 43EFEC19-DFA8-4562-8EE6-246321FED748

I don't know if the protection is much better than without them.

KIILew

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax, 2020 F-150 3.5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hereā€™s a picture of my full-length stepsā€¦
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps CAF41F35-7BA8-4A74-A98B-BD543C50B944

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do yall think steps are necessary on a non-sas BD if the wife is 5'4"?

Kids are shorter but I'll just chuck them over the top šŸ¤£

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

I have a 2d non-sas BD and find the full length steps very helpful. It makes it much easier to get in and out of the back seats. Also helpful when hand washing and removing the top.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hereā€™s a picture of my full-length stepsā€¦
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps CAF41F35-7BA8-4A74-A98B-BD543C50B944
Thanks! I guess Iā€™ll know pretty soon how they turn out. Mine shipped a few days ago, after finally deciding on full length steps and ordering on Thanksgiving. Lol

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m 5ā€™10, and getting in isnā€™t really an issue for me. My 11 year old daughter, who is around the same height as your wife, manages just fine. But sheā€™s a kid and ridding in a Bronco, so she doesnā€™t complain. šŸ˜Š

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Not essential but would help. Without a step they're going to wear the seat out a ton getting in and out.

Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not essential but would help. Without a step they're going to wear the seat out a ton getting in and out.
Wearing out the seat is my biggest concern. I was thinking about those solid mount handlebars on Amazon. I take delivery next month so I am biding my time till I see the necessities.

BESTAOO Roll Bar Grab Handles Aluminum Alloy Grip Handle for Ford Bronco Accessories 2021 2022 Front Seat, 2 Pack (Front) https://a.co/d/67qGwz4

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased the full steps for my family, I have no issues (6' 1) plus full side door coverage for those close park idiots.
Have the paracords as well, wife still hates the in&out of the Bronco.
Those metal ones sit up higher, would worry about all the nail scratches on those interior panels

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Purchased the full steps for my family, I have no issues (6' 1) plus full side door coverage for those close park idiots.
Have the paracords as well, wife still hates the in&out of the Bronco.
Those metal ones sit up higher, would worry about all the nail scratches on those interior panels
Didn't think of that. Good point.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the IAG add on steps currently. I like the fit and finish and they keep an aggressive look. I did want a full length step to protect the body from door dings and rocks slung off the tires. I also wanted something that was also light weight, so I have a set of the Greenlane Offroad aluminum steps in the garage waiting for a warm day to install. The Greenlane are 18 pounds per side thanks to being all aluminum, but they probably wouldnā€™t survive hardcore crawling. Between the factory sliders and IAG steps I should be shedding about 76 pounds.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the IAG add on steps currently. I like the fit and finish and they keep an aggressive look. I did want a full length step to protect the body from door dings and rocks slung off the tires. I also wanted something that was also light weight, so I have a set of the Greenlane Offroad aluminum steps in the garage waiting for a warm day to install. The Greenlane are 18 pounds per side thanks to being all aluminum, but they probably wouldnā€™t survive hardcore crawling. Between the factory sliders and IAG steps I should be shedding about 76 pounds.
I like the look of those but do they fit rock rails? Doesn't look like it. And with the B6G discount on AR's billet aluminum steps I think I'll be going that route.
Sponsored