Themuss

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went through this process and installed. Actually had to buy a base piece with the blank installed as I have a Wildtrack. So pretty expensive….but relatively straight forward and well worth it. Phots below.

BBC289C7-6E5F-47CB-B661-9EA65831BC2C.jpeg

2E64C21C-B0CC-4EA1-BD52-0BC3D7B00C09.jpeg
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is just quick and dirty from the 3d printer to bring the base of the compartment up to level with a cheap aftermarket Qi charger, plugged into the USB C port. Works well though.

Ford Bronco HOW TO: MagSafe Wireless Charger Install in Factory Location - DIY 2E64C21C-B0CC-4EA1-BD52-0BC3D7B00C09
Similar to what I have. I dont get spending a wild amount of money for a charger.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went through this process and installed. Actually had to buy a base piece with the blank installed as I have a Wildtrack. So pretty expensive….but relatively straight forward and well worth it. Phots below.

Ford Bronco HOW TO: MagSafe Wireless Charger Install in Factory Location - DIY 2E64C21C-B0CC-4EA1-BD52-0BC3D7B00C09

Awesome. Do you have a part number handy for the blank base piec you ordered?

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Part number was M2DZ-78044D90-DA
Thanks for saving me a bunch of research! I'm trying to install the Mabett charging pad in a base 2dr and mine is a molded panel. Just to confirm (since it's not clear from the online diagrams)... this replaces the console w/ the 2-part modular console that you can swap out the pad insert?

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize
I have the high. Regardless I would use a hole saw and the 3D printed adapter for the MagSafe puck
10-4. I got excited thinking there was a way to remove the charging block from the well bottom panel. Yes, it needs a hole saw, but if replacing the lux, then you have to replace the well bottom panel as well and drill a hole in the replacement panel.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
10-4. I got excited thinking there was a way to remove the charging block from the well bottom panel. Yes, it needs a hole saw, but if replacing the lux, then you have to replace the well bottom panel as well and drill a hole in the replacement panel.
I'm trying to make sense of which console comes with which model. I'm trying to add in an aftermarket charging panel (mabbett)

M2DZ-78044D90-DA - @Themuss said he ordered this new 'base ' piece. According to parts diagrams, this is for BD, wildtrak, etc models. Does this console have the removable panel at the bottom of the well? This is what I'm looking for.

M2DZ-78044D90-BB - according the parts diagrams, this is for BD, wildtrak, etc with wireless charging. @Bonnie6G, you mentioned that the OEM charger has a 1 piece well? If so, I think this is similar to the base model.

M2DZ-78044D90-EA (Base model)- what I currently have. This is a 1 piece bowl that cannot be removed. You cannot bolt a wireless charger into this one.

Finally, has anyone determined if there is a difference between the 2dr and 4dr consoles?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm trying to make sense of which console comes with which model. I'm trying to add in an aftermarket charging panel (mabbett)

M2DZ-78044D90-DA - @Themuss said he ordered this new 'base ' piece. According to parts diagrams, this is for BD, wildtrak, etc models. Does this l console have the removable panel at the bottom of the well? This is what I'm looking for.

M2DZ-78044D90-BB - according the parts diagrams, this is for BD, wildtrak, etc with wireless charging. @Bonnie6G, you mentioned that the OEM charger has a 1 piece well? If so, I think this is similar to the base model.

Base model - what I currently have. This is a 1 piece bowl that cannot be removed. You cannot bolt a wireless charger into this one.

Finally, has anyone determined if there is a difference between the 2dr and 4dr consoles?
I have a 2 door outer banks with high package. It had the removable blank panel.
I think the piece from a lux lwould work for your Mabett replacement. The oem charger unbolts from the shifter trim and takes the same space and attachment points as the blank panel in my high package.
I have a 21. So, it’s possible ford made some tweaks. Unsure

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2 door outer banks with high package. It had the removable blank panel.
I think the piece from a lux lwould work for your Mabett replacement. The oem charger unbolts from the shifter trim and takes the same space and attachment points as the blank panel in my high package.
I have a 21. So, it’s possible ford made some tweaks. Unsure
My gut tells me that the lux (-BB) would probably work, but it's backordered for some time.

I'm hoping the non-lux, BD, badlands, etc (-DA) has the blank panel for non wireless charging. This one is currently available and about $10-15 more. I don't really need the blank panel in my instance, but it's a way of getting it now.

The parts diagrams don't show a difference between the two visually. It just says with or without wireless charging. But base (-ea) is definitely a 1 piece bowl.

Last edited:
OP
OP
j_anderson

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thx, that's what I'm thinking too. That the one minus wireless charging should have the removable panel that I can swap in with the mabbett. The -DA version costs about $10 more than the -BB so my guess is the blank panel is likely included.

I'm a little nervous to order the wireless version (-BB) if it's truly a 1 piece bowl like @Themuss mentions. Plus it's currently backordered.
I’d just do the one out of a high package then.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-78044D90-DA - @Themuss said he ordered this new 'base ' piece. According to parts diagrams, this is for BD, wildtrak, etc models. Does this console have the removable panel at the bottom of the well? This is what I'm looking for.

M2DZ-78044D90-EA (Base model)- what I currently have. This is a 1 piece bowl that cannot be removed. You cannot bolt a wireless charger into this one.

I’m not sure which package might have what. I got the Lux package, and the base piece comes out from the console, but the Ford charger is permanently attached to the bottom of that base piece. Or rather, the top piece of the charger IS the base piece that fits in the console well.

Bronc OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base

BBC289C7-6E5F-47CB-B661-9EA65831BC2C.jpeg

2E64C21C-B0CC-4EA1-BD52-0BC3D7B00C09.jpeg
Thanks again for the part number. I'm a little confused though.. did your Wildtrak have the lux package w/ the OEM wireless charger, so you ordered a new full console (M2DZ-78044D90-DA) to get the blank plate? If so, any interest in selling your console part before I order the same (to discard the blank plate :) )
Sponsored