Sponsored

Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both?

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2013 Lexus GX460, 2014 Mustang GT,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The GY on my SAS really suck! I live down on the farm in Iowa and I have 3/4 mile of gravel road I picked new Bronco up and drove home. These pictures are from less than one mile on gravel road; each tire has over 100 rocks stuck in the tread. The tires are terrible this should not happen; this has to be bad engineering in tread design. WHO SHOULD I BLAME FOR THESE POS TIRES ON MY NEW BRONCO? GOODYEAR? FORD? OR BOTH?

I have had many F150 and SUV have used BFG, Falken, NItto, Bridgestone and none of these tires would pickup rocks. Yes maybe 1 or 2 or a few but not hundreds of rocks! Ford did you drive pre production Broncos on gravel with these tires? If you did and approved these tires you better get your heads examined!

Ford please send me a check now so I can replace them. Message me I will give you my address to send check to.

Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 1 (5)
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 1 (6)
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 1 (7)
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 1 (8)
Sponsored

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rocks thrown up on the running boards; I was only going 10-20mph tops.
Ford Bronco Who should I blame for these POS tires on my new Bronco? Goodyear Ford or both? 0

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, all the Broncos I've ever seen has the same exact issue. I brought it up at the forums, but was told by a bunch of members that they are great tires and that we are just making it up.
Once you get up to 45mph, they all let loose and cause all sorts of damage to Broncos.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, thats them... Many, many posts on how bad they are with throwing rocks. Good thing is the aftermarket heard us and there are several mud (rock) flaps available now but, shop wisely... Many are junk and have a bad fit.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was thinking you must be new around here. It's very well known that these are the worst tires ever for rock throwing. You must of missed the other threads, or listened to the homers that pretend "every offroad tire throws rocks" is a legitimate response.

Sponsored
OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, all the Broncos I've ever seen has the same exact issue. I brought it up at the forums, but was told by a bunch of members that they are great tires and that we are just making it up.
Once you get up to 45mph, they all let loose and cause all sorts of damage to Broncos.
I could never imagine they could be this bad. This was 2 days ago I traded my Black Diamond for a SAS Outer Banks and haven't driven it since then; not until I get mud flaps on the front.

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking you must be new around here. It's very well known that these are the worst tires ever for rock throwing. You must of missed the other threads, or listened to the homers that pretend "every offroad tire throws rocks" is a legitimate response.
No I am not new and have heard this all before but was blown away on how bad this issue is. I am just dumbfounded that Ford would approve these!

OP
OP
F150rubyred

F150rubyred

Black Diamond
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are the worst truck tires
• only C-load
• only 16/32 tread depth
• only 34.4 inch spec
• and tread pattern is too tight/weird - they throw rocks like crazy

I've never seen any truck tire pick up rocks like those factory Goodyears. And multiple owners have suffered rock drill-thru flats doing longer off-road trips
You make some good points on how bad they are; I am thinking about changing out tires but boy that is expensive.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who’s to blame?🤷🏻‍♂️

I had different tires put on my Bronco before I even test drove it. I’ll take responsibility for my tires.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another Ankeny guy. I am still waiting on my badlands from granger. Once I know mine is scheduled for build I am ordering new wheels and tires. I am going to have Granger swap them before I take delivery and keep the takeoffs as spares.