Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep IMG_5930.JPG

Not as cool as your setup, but it was a great trip regardless. You can see the campsite in the lower right. Just to give people who haven't been there, the jaw-dropping size of the lakebed. Can't wait to do it again!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NewBroncoOwner

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who's is driving their rig out there? I will be coming from MT, 1,206 Miles

Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Miss going to the hammers.
Attended and supported racers in the first 5 years. Tons of fun.
Looking back, we used to think 5K people attending was a HUGE deal. lol

805BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Chevy Bolt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went for the first time last year, had the trailer and truck in my profile picture. It does get cold at night, but I managed with a good sleeping bag. It was windy but not too windy for my tent, future weather could be different of course.
sand was everywhere and took forever to clean out after getting home.
visibilty gets low in blowing dust and sand, I was lucky to have extra battery powered lights to set up around our camp, we were nervous about rogue vehicles not seeing us at night.
waited in line for 8 hours to exit on Sunday. Planning to only go on weekdays next year.
looking forward to bringing the Bronco out there!
if you have a little camping experience and ability to be self reliant you’ll be fine

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be out there. Been there every year from the beginning in 2008, either competing or as a tech inspector. After retiring from competing, I've been a tech inspector every year. I just picked up my Bronco Badlands two days ago, so it will be out at KOH, parked in Hammertown next to the tent tech most days. Maybe this year I'll have some time to get around and meet some Bronco folks. I'll be flat towing the Bronco out there behind the motorhome.
Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20220810_170239

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20220129_095244

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having worked on the live feed production crew for 7 years now, here are some things to note.
1. You won't want to sleep in a tent. The wind can be strong enough to pivot a car hauler 90 degrees from its original orientation. Bring an RV or sleep in your vehicle. This also means no roof top tents unless you have one rated for high winds. Even then, you've been warned.
2. You will not find alcohol for sale. In 2022 there was one vendor but they were at the front gate and you could not take the alcohol outside their area.
3. Don't expect to be able to wash clothes. Bring enough so you son't have to find a laundry.
4. Bring fuel cans with you. There is typically a vendor near the front gate that sells fuel to help but they can be quite busy.
5. Drink plenty of water. If you consume alcohol, one to one ratio of alcoholic drink to bottle of water at least.
6. Cold enough to snow at night. Hot enough to wear shorts during the day.
7. Sun hat, sunglasses, and long sleeve shirts.
8. Higher altitude means you will get out of breath faster if you do not live at high altitudes.
9. Wear your seatbelt. You will get pulled over on the lake bed and ticketed.
10. Drive slowly around Hammertown. There are pets and kids everywhere.
11. Keep your pets leashed and your kids in sight.
12. Don't bring your pets if you have someone that can watch them. Just don't bring your pets. Make arrangements to not bring your pets.
13. Boone Road can get very congested. Don't make unnecessary trips on Boone Road.
14. Rain will cause the stickiest mud you have ever witnessed. Bring a strap to get pulled out.

I will say that live feed is the best. I flip between the different (multi-view) feeds on my PC so I don't miss the action and have the main feed on my TV with sound. Love every minute of it. I even go back and watch a couple of times throughout the year, in between the other Ultra4 races. Been an Ultra4 fan ever since Randy Slawson drove over the competition.

Keep up the great work!!! 🍻

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having worked on the live feed production crew for 7 years now, here are some things to note.
1. You won't want to sleep in a tent. The wind can be strong enough to pivot a car hauler 90 degrees from its original orientation. Bring an RV or sleep in your vehicle. This also means no roof top tents unless you have one rated for high winds. Even then, you've been warned.
2. You will not find alcohol for sale. In 2022 there was one vendor but they were at the front gate and you could not take the alcohol outside their area.

11. Keep your pets leashed and your kids in sight.
12. Don't bring your pets if you have someone that can watch them. Just don't bring your pets. Make arrangements to not bring your pets.
1. Canvas tents will smell like campfire forever. My popup with stood winds in 2019 but still smells.
2. Look for the guy selling moonshine, its actually pretty decent. Bring 25% liquor than you intend to drink.
11./12. Leave the pets at home as there will be fireworks. If you do and lose a pet there is a good resource on Facebook, pet or dogs of Hammertown.

Sponsored

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its alive! Got everything running and now its time to shake it down. My engine tuner is in Alabama and remote tuned the car thru my laptop. Technology is crazy. Still need to get some shock tuning in and a ton of tech on the car but should be at the start line.

20221029_113503.jpg

20221029_113527.jpg

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its alive! Got everything running and now its time to shake it down. My engine tuner is in Alabama and remote tuned the car thru my laptop. Technology is crazy. Still need to get some shock tuning in and a ton of tech on the car but should be at the start line.

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20221101_101903

Ford Bronco King Of The Hammers 2023 Prep 20221101_101903

Awesome!!!!! Car have a number yet????? Let me know so I can watch for you on the feed.😁

Have you raced before??? Just curious if you are part of the "rookie" class they did this year.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Awesome!!!!! Car have a number yet????? Let me know so I can watch for you on the feed.😁

Have you raced before??? Just curious if you are part of the "rookie" class they did this year.
I raced koh in 09,10,11,12,13. Also raced best in the desert as well. Car number is going to be 4495 i think. Still waiting to hear if available.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I come from Alabama with a laptop on my knee . . . 😁
Sponsored