Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if registration fills up and how many they allow? I know the old FJ Summit would fill up in minutes so was just wondering. I don't like big groups would much prefer to wheel with some small 6G groups.
Hmm, would be nice to know. Looks like we could put together a really nice group of our own if it came down to it.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A month too early for me 🥲. With kids in school and my vacation time does not renew until June 3rd. Sounds like a good trip!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A month too early for me 🥲. With kids in school and my vacation time does not renew until June 3rd. Sounds like a good trip!
It's the week following my kid's spring break. I'm certain he's going to "catch a cold" on spring break and have be out another week.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same, coming for Northeast Arkansas.
A convoy, is it?

Hmm, would be nice to know. Looks like we could put together a really nice group of our own if it came down to it.
I've been wanting to wheel Moab for 25 years and this is sounding like a great opportunity to finally do it. Put me in the likely category. I like the sound of a smaller B6G group. I doubt I'll have a 6G there but, with a little luck and a ton of grinding, my 69 might finally see the light of day. Man, what a place to test it out! :cool:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's the week following my kid's spring break. I'm certain he's going to "catch a cold" on spring break and have be out another week.
I’m sure our kids could do that! It more of the work getting in the way lol.

Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please check what I highlighted in your post, above. You seem to contradict yourself. Are we Class III OHVs--or not?
Kindly clarify. If you can link to, or excerpt the state source, so much the better.
Thanks!
A class III OHV vehicle is a street licensed off road vehicle, like a rock buggy, desert race truck, etc. Those vehicles are built for off road, hence referred to as OHV, and can be licensed and operated on the street in limited conditions, like not on freeways or roads with 50+ mph speed limit, IF they are equipped with proper lights and mirrors. So, a Jeep or Bronco or F150 is not a class III OHV as they are primarily a street vehicle and have no restrictions where they can be driven, and are not referred to as an OHV. Hope that is clearer. BTW, I spoke to a friend in UT to confirm this.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A class III OHV vehicle is a street licensed off road vehicle, like a rock buggy, desert race truck, etc. Those vehicles are built for off road, hence referred to as OHV, and can be licensed and operated on the street in limited conditions, like not on freeways or roads with 50+ mph speed limit, IF they are equipped with proper lights and mirrors. So, a Jeep or Bronco or F150 is not a class III OHV as they are primarily a street vehicle and have no restrictions where they can be driven, and are not referred to as an OHV. Hope that is clearer. BTW, I spoke to a friend in UT to confirm this.
Thank you much. Keep on wheelin!

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rafael Swell is very nice. Buckhorn canyon has great open camping. Mini Grand Canyon, rock art, dinosaur dig museum and more. Might start my trip there.

A few years ago a group of us did two weeks of off road routes, over 700 miles, on the way to a week in Moab. We started near Price and went south through the Swell camping as we went. Through the Henry Mtns, south through Fry Canyon, went to Goosenecks, Valley of the Gods, and came to Moab through Lockhart Basin. Was a fabulous trip.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20181006_074400
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20181008_153439
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20181010_074416
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20181007_131119
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 20181008_121941

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my room booked.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had planned to go as far as I could by about 2:00 pm or so, then turn around and come back out, but we were more than half way around and didn't want to do most of that stuff twice, so finished it. We took a total of 10 hours to go all the way. I wish the National Park Service wouldn't be so pessimistic about how long it should take. We stopped a lot on the way.

I want to do this. I want to drive and see the route but prefer not to camp. Too soft and lazy these days and want day trips then back to the RV. I know I could have done it in the Jeep since it handled rougher stuff comfortable, I think the Badlands is even better. Glad to hear from someone who has done it. (y)

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Room booked. the prices are nuts. May 2-6th. Monday night will be in Green River Utah up early the next day so looking for plans on Tuesday. As Al Bundy would say "let's Rock"

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Room booked. the prices are nuts. May 2-6th. Monday night will be in Green River Utah up early the next day so looking for plans on Tuesday. As Al Bundy would say "let's Rock"
Tell me about it. It wasn't horrible splitting an Airbnb, cheaper than the hotels, but still pricey.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Room booked. the prices are nuts. May 2-6th. Monday night will be in Green River Utah up early the next day so looking for plans on Tuesday.
Yeah, when I went to Moab earlier this year I stayed two nights in Green River and two in Moab to save a few hundred bucks. I had stayed at a nice place in Moab in February that wasn't much more than a hundred bucks a night. By the end of April it was over four hundred. The extra 50 miles driving from Green River to Moab cost us some time for that saved money.

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I'm in. Now I'll look for an RV space to reserve. I'll look to arrive on Monday and leave the next Wed, the 10th. I'm hooking up with some friends Sun-Tues, but anyone is welcome to run with us. We can see the event schedule when it comes out and decide what we want to run. Might be fun to run at least one event run and meet some 6g folks who aren't on this forum. Should be no problem to plan our own trails around their schedule. I would say that must run trails are Hells Revenge, Poison Spider Mesa, and Moab Rim, with Cliffhanger a great possibility. Plenty of other options for light wheeling and fabulous scenery.

Sweet! :) :)

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Definitely interested, but not sure I can pull a week off for EJS and a week for Bronco Safari. Let me see what magic I can pull off...maybe the tail end.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.