Sponsored

Any tall drivers have problems seeing around B pillar in 4 dr?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am 6'4" and wondering if anyone with a 4 dr who puts the drivers seat a good ways back has noticed the B pillar getting in the way when looking left? I am not seeing anything definitive in my searches. I have not been able to find a 2 dr to sit in to see if it is a better fit. The 4 door I have been able to drive I did notice the pillar is at my shoulder and makes lane checking kind of a pain but I wasn't been able to spend a lot of time in it to see if it would be a hassle.
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6’6” here and the b-pillar on a four door blocks my vision and this has been the case with every vehicle I’ve owned for 40 years and that includes 3 different full size crew cab pickups. I’ve got the same issue with my wife’s cars including a Volvo and Audi.

However, as a 2-door Bronco owner I’m happy to report that the b-pillar doesn’t block my view when looking left and that’s with the seat all the way back and tilted back.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep have to lean forward occasionally. 6'3"

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

6'5". 4 door OBX. Very rarely do I find it blocking my vision, and certainly not any worse than anything else I've driven.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
6’1’ here. Yes it blocks my vision. Very first thing I noticed when getting to very first intersection.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because you have a 2-door. OP is asking about the 4-door.
Go back and read his original post. He also said he had not been able to find a 2 door to see if it was a better fit/view. I was just letting him know that yes, I am a similar size and the view in the 2 door is fine.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No..but the rear view mirror blocks blocks forward view and God forbid if you lower the visor

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Go back and read his original post. He also said he had not been able to find a 2 door to see if it was a better fit/view. I was just letting him know that yes, I am a similar size and the view in the 2 door is fine.
You're right, I absolutely missed that! Apologies!

Sponsored

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

6"4' here; when I drive a 4dr (work) the b pillar blocks my view and when I drive my wife's 2dr the b pillar doesn't block my view.

Deleted member 43293

6'6 here but don't have the seat all the way back. Don't even notice the b pillar, but I also sit up really straight, id imagine if I had the seat all the way back or reclined far like most people seem to do, the B pillar would be an issue

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I appreciate all the input. I have a long torso and shorter legs so I doubt the seat will be all the way back so maybe it would be okay in a 4 dr. I don't recline way back either, but I do tend to rest my left arm on the top edge of the door and steer.

No..but the rear view mirror blocks blocks forward view and God forbid if you lower the visor
The rearview mirror in most new cars is in a bad place for me, and the giant plastic covers over the forward sensors are always in the way. It is weird auto makers block so much forward vision with all that stuff. I looked at the sensors and forward camera in my CX5 and they could totally have moved things up 3" and still fit it fine. The rear view in the Bronco looks like the double swivel like my CX5 which I always push up as high as it can go to sit against the sensor cover.

If the 2 dr soft top folded all the way back like the 4 dr I wouldn't even consider a 4 dr since I don't need the extra space but I want the folding top so I keep going back and forth...anyway thanks again for the feedback from everyone!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes it does. Never driven another vehicle that blocks view like the Bronco. It’s really strange to have to lean forward at a drive through to talk out the window. That’s a new one too.
Sponsored