William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Toyota recalled 100% of the BZ4X because the wheels would litterally fall off. They they didn't have a fix, so they had to buy them back and crush them.
I had to look that one up, wow but still decent compensation if you don't sell it back, didn't see anything about them crushing though. The only big recall that ever affected me was diesel gate, literally a month after I bought it. Those that were older made out and those were crushed, new ones liked mine got fixed but I still sold it back.

The existing recalls aren't crazy big like you say but the bricked screens, manual trans and turbo issues that aren't recalls yet along with stories here about months going by before a part is available and Ford giving no compensation or even a loaner.

Hell, I'm seriously worried if the damn thing will get me home from Iowa when I pick it or if it's going to leave me stranded out in the middle of no where and then trying to figure out how to get it and myself back on my own dime.
Sponsored

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every other week there seems to be a new report of another Automotive manufacturer recalling thousands of vehicles due to what seem like big deal recalls (engine failures, fires, big failures). I hear this morning the latest from Ford effecting Bronco Sport and Escape models but a recall of almost 650,000 vehiclesā€¦ wow.

Now I know the Broncos recalls have been pretty small - just some window adhesion and software bugs it seems thus far, but is anyone getting nervous about their investment in the company with these new Broncos? Me personally this will be the first Ford vehicle Iā€™ve ever owned and really my first introduction to the company. I know recalls are pretty common for almost all manufacturers but Fords recalls especially this last year number wise are way above the other manufacturers?
When I get my truck then I'll figure out if I need to worry!!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Um, I don't think you understand how that works.
Sure youā€™re talking shit about fan boys of broncos, which if youā€™re here we all are. But yeah, I donā€™t understand

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Comes with the territory.

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had to look that one up, wow but still decent compensation if you don't sell it back, didn't see anything about them crushing though. The only big recall that ever affected me was diesel gate, literally a month after I bought it. Those that were older made out and those were crushed, new ones liked mine got fixed but I still sold it back.

The existing recalls aren't crazy big like you say but the bricked screens, manual trans and turbo issues that aren't recalls yet along with stories here about months going by before a part is available and Ford giving no compensation or even a loaner.

Hell, I'm seriously worried if the damn thing will get me home from Iowa when I pick it or if it's going to leave me stranded out in the middle of no where and then trying to figure out how to get it and myself back on my own dime.
Unless yours was stuck on ice mountain (1/22) build dates ish you should be fine. Lots of those seem to have the wastegate solenoid issue that wouldnā€™t make it impossible to drive home but still a issue that shows up within a few hundred miles typically that has to be dealt with. Typically a full turbo/wastegate replacement. Also keep in mind you hear the best and worst here and most never have a issue at all.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Nope, Iā€™d have to have it first before it would bother me. The way it sits now, theyā€™ll have a few years under their belt to fix things before my allocated number comes up.

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not really. It seems as if Ford is more trigger happy with starting a recall campaign more than any other company.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, I even had the Firestone tire recall on a 2000 Exploder, got another year's use before Ford bought me a set of tires.
One of my coworkers has a recall on his GMC SUV's tires and is trying to wear them down a bit more before taking it in.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I'm a lot more concerned about the stupid fuel pump than any actual recall.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah not worried. Though I try not to live life worrying about stuff like that. I had a nice good long with my F150 and hope the same for my bronco.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes. The Big 3 are bottom of the barrel in terms of reliability. If you want a highly reliable vehicle, buy a Toyota or Honda. Buy a Bronco if you want an impractical but fun vehicle and don't mind paying a lot for design. Lots of "fanboys" who will overlook the obvious flaws.
Honda will run forever, however, their mechanicals and body are junk.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I trade in my vehicles once they hit 60k miles just to be safe. Or get a warranty.
Really...why 60K to turn it in? It's just broke in at that point.
Sponsored