MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
One more thing to fail, plus there's the tire issue someone's already mentioned. I wish I could get everything in the Sasquatch package except advanced, unfortunately I'm stuck with it. I deal with lots of snow and ice, 4H works fine.
Sponsored

lewishamilton

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think it's quite important to have. Give you piece of mind and more enjoyable when you don't have to worry about if you should pick 2h or 4h.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I absolutely would.

Nobody has mentioned another fun fact: the advanced transfer case also has a better low gear ratio (3.06 vs 2.72).

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was this a option? My base has 4a and in normal and sport mode that's what it uses.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes only options I did were sas and aux switches. Guess that explains it.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Get it. It might save you from an accident. When tires get worn, a little rain, and a take off uphill.... Easy to lose traction, and suddenly....

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys just wanting some input. I have an order for a 4dr black diamond 2.7 non sas. At the moment I do not have the option for the 4A, only 2wd, 4L and 4H.
Does anyone have any advice on whether I should have my dealer add 4A to my order?
Yes, add it.

I might add, so far, I have only see the standard transfer case blow up.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lots of lazy arguments for why not to get it. With regards to tire replacement or the mismatched tire concern, you can always turn off the 4a until you get matching tires, or, there are tire shops out there that will shave a new tire to match the wear on existing. As far as one more thing to break, if that is really a concern then why add any options at all??

I am in TX, daily drive my F150 with 4a on a 80mile commute and have had it in 4a since day one. That was 135k miles ago. Also, have my BL and my wife's BL in 4a since day one, hers is stock and mine has 37's. Almost 20k miles combined. No issues on any of them. I prefer 4a for the power distribution and the set it and forget it mentality.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mainly use 4A on dirt roads. It's rare that I feel that 4H would be better. When things get serious I usually need 4L, instead. I like that if I get back to pavement I can just leave it in 4A, while I would have to shift from 4H to 2H in the same situation.

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was a "mandatory" option for us. After owing and driving several AWD/4WD vehicles over the years from Northern MI, CA, HI, FL, CT, SC, and VA it's just nice to set it and forget it.

High power, high center of gravity, short wheel base vehicles can be a handful.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lived in snow country my whole life and been wheeling for 40+ years never had before my base squatch never needed still don't use it 4h is a daily winter thing for me where I live. We all used to leave our hubs locked in during winter months and shift between 2h and 4h as needed. I would say more of a personal preference depending on what your used to. If it weren't part of the sasquatch pkg I wouldn't have got it myself but others swear by it. Either way it won't effect resale or trade ultimately. So go with what you like for yourself either way is good.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mudd

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, so many different opinions here. I honestly would not have paid money for it. I prefer to keep things simple and could be totally happy with a manually engaged transfer case. My Badlands was ordered with just the standard luxury package and a manual transmission. However, it did come with the advanced 4WD standard, and you can be sure I'll be using it on the snowy sideroads this winter.
Sponsored