Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello, I'm sure someone has already done a post on what AMD and X plan is but can anyone provide some assistance on what it is. I want to get the best deal for my bronco outer banks. Thank you all.
Sponsored

uturn

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider124
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello, I'm sure someone has already done a post on what AMD and X plan is but can anyone provide some assistance on what it is. I want to get the best deal for my bronco outer banks. Thank you all.
AMD is "ADM" which is "Additional Dealer Markup" that a dealer adds on top of MSRP for stuff like undercoating or tinted windows, or "administrative fees" etc.

X-Plan is a discount based on invoice price of the vehicle that you qualify for by either being a member of a group with a relationship with Ford, or an employee of a company with a relationship. If your employer doesn't offer X-Plan then you can get it by joining a group that offers X-Plan as a benefit. One of those groups is Mustang Club of America for $25 a year, another is Disabled American Veterans, and another is Veterans Advantage, and there are numerous others.

Be sure you don't join and then jump on generating a pin to get your pricing because the pins expire after some short period of time and you can only generate 2 pins per year under that membership. You will provide your pin when you order the vehicle and again when you pick up the vehicle. If you lose your X-Plan status before pickup, you will not qualify for X-Plan. So I would hold off on generating a pin until time to order.

Some affiliations require membership for at least 2 months before you are able to generate a pin, so don't wait to join.

You can also get X-Plan pricing by holding 100 shares of Ford stock for at least 6 months, I believe that is correct. Ford is trading around 6 or 7 bucks a share, or was last I looked.

OP
OP

Rage03

Outer Banks
First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AMD is "ADM" which is "Additional Dealer Markup" that a dealer adds on top of MSRP for stuff like undercoating or tinted windows, or "administrative fees" etc.

X-Plan is a discount based on invoice price of the vehicle that you qualify for by either being a member of a group with a relationship with Ford, or an employee of a company with a relationship. If your employer doesn't offer X-Plan then you can get it by joining a group that offers X-Plan as a benefit. One of those groups is Mustang Club of America for $25 a year, another is Disabled American Veterans, and another is Veterans Advantage, and there are numerous others.

Be sure you don't join and then jump on generating a pin to get your pricing because the pins expire after some short period of time and you can only generate 2 pins per year under that membership. You will provide your pin when you order the vehicle and again when you pick up the vehicle. If you lose your X-Plan status before pickup, you will not qualify for X-Plan. So I would hold off on generating a pin until time to order.

Some affiliations require membership for at least 2 months before you are able to generate a pin, so don't wait to join.

You can also get X-Plan pricing by holding 100 shares of Ford stock for at least 6 months, I believe that is correct. Ford is trading around 6 or 7 bucks a share, or was last I looked.
Thank you for the breakdown. I really appreciate the knowledge. I will definitely look into those options. I have to wait to order because I'm currently stationed in Hawaii and those mark ups are real for overseas.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the breakdown. I really appreciate the knowledge. I will definitely look into those options. I have to wait to order because I'm currently stationed in Hawaii and those mark ups are real for overseas.
ADM is actually just plain markup that a dealer charges over MSRP because of market demand... also known as Market Adjustments.

The added on accessories are an addendum item that is added to the price to increase profit and bypass the mandated by Ford no Market Adjustments...

That is what the Tint, Wheel Locks, etch, Rust Proof, Undercoat, Paint Sealant, Fabric Guard, etc are included under.

Just need to watch for dealer talk it can be confusing...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-terminology-for-non-car-people.3388/

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

X Plan pins are good for 1 year.

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The PIN that is generated is good for 12 months from the time it is generated.

jrstorm1007

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2007 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I own 100+ shares of F, do you know how I'd get a login to create a pin?

Found it!. Thanks for the heads up
https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/Shareholder-Relations-X-Plan-Request.pdf

Last edited:

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ADM is actually just plain markup that a dealer charges over MSRP because of market demand... also known as Market Adjustments.

The added on accessories are an addendum item that is added to the price to increase profit and bypass the mandated by Ford no Market Adjustments...

That is what the Tint, Wheel Locks, etch, Rust Proof, Undercoat, Paint Sealant, Fabric Guard, etc are included under.

Just need to watch for dealer talk it can be confusing...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-terminology-for-non-car-people.3388/
If my A plan pin is used in December to place my order but expires before delivery, will I be required to get another pin or will the original pin be on record?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If my A plan pin is used in December to place my order but expires before delivery, will I be required to get another pin or will the original pin be on record?
Just get the pin when you have been contacted by the dealership on pending delivery...

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How will I get my actual price at the time of order? Won’t they need my pin?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How will I get my actual price at the time of order? Won’t they need my pin?
The plan prices are known without needing a PIN to "unlock" them. Your dealer should be able to see it without a PIN.

Edit: This is firsthand memories of looking through the dealership's DORA with all of the invoices in it and there were boxes for the different plan prices on every single one.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AMD is the alternative to Intel CPUs and nVidia GPUs. Usually at a lower pricepoint compared to competitors but, arguably, slightly lower performance.

Not sure how that applies here though ;)
I really did click on this wondering why AMD was offering X-plan.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
AMD is the alternative to Intel CPUs and nVidia GPUs. Usually at a lower pricepoint compared to competitors but, arguably, slightly lower performance.

Not sure how that applies here though ;)
We are talking ADM, not AMD. ?
Sponsored