Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I didn't read the comments past the first couple, but Im not sure why anyone thinks this is crazy.

I personally know someone who traded his reservation to buy a new Ford GT to his friend, a Porsche dealer, for a brand new Porsche 911.

This is just smaller figures. First Editions will be selling at Mecum auctions (and many others) all over the country for at least 10k-15k over what MSRP is for a while after the deliveries start.

So its not crazy for someone to buy that place in line nor is it crazy for the seller to think his reservation to buy something has some $$$ value.

Just a matter of agreeing on the dollar value.

Happens all the time with new, specialty vehicles being produced in very small numbers, Ferraris, Porsches, etc....

If the reservation cant be transferred, winning bidder just pays the full amount of car plus premium to reservation holder, he buys it, then transfers the car to the bidder. Multiple different ways to work that out. Minor details.

People underestimate how many really rich car nuts there are in this country.
Sponsored

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I didn't read the comments past the first couple, but Im not sure why anyone thinks this is crazy.

I personally know someone who traded his reservation to buy a new Ford GT to his friend, a Porsche dealer, for a brand new Porsche 911.

This is just smaller figures. First Editions will be selling at Mecum auctions (and many others) all over the country for at least 10k-15k over what MSRP is for a while after the deliveries start.

So its not crazy for someone to buy that place in line nor is it crazy for the seller to think his reservation to buy something has some $$$ value.

Happens all the time with new, specialty vehicles being produced in very small numbers, Ferraris, Porsches, etc....

If the reservation cant be transferred, winning bidder just pays the full amount of car plus premium to reservation holder, he buys it, then transfers the car to the bidder. Multiple different ways to work that out. Minor details.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. 100% TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON EVER WORD YOU SAID.
Now I can list my one of my FE's on Ebay without feeling like a scumbag, Lol.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. 100% TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON EVER WORD YOU SAID.
Now I can list my one of my FE's on Ebay without feeling like a scumbag, Lol.

Here’s the thing, this is not a GT and not a limited run vehicle. Anyone who gets gouged, deserves to get gouged.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here’s the thing, this is not a GT and not a limited run vehicle. Anyone who gets gouged, deserves to get gouged.
Sorry not a big fan of the GT. I'm sure it's a great car, just not my cup of tea. I do believe 7000 units would classify the FE as a limited run vehicle. Still can't figure out why most folks on this thread are bent out of shape over this guy trying to sell his FE over MSRP. As someone mentioned, in most high end car auctions this happens all the time. If someone really wants a FE and has enough money to pay $25k over sticker god bless them and if someone was lucky enough to snag a FE on reservation night and sells it for $25k over MSRP god bless him too. Plain and simple the value of any item is what a seller and buyer are willing to agree upon.

Last edited:

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you do it? Of course.

Will somebody value it enough to pay a premium? No doubt.

Are you morally bankrupt if you try to make money off someone just because you sat around in July on a Tuesday night in your BVDs and clicked buttons on the internet for the sole purpose of acquiring reservations for multiple FE vehicles you have zero intention of buying? Most likely.

Sponsored

Txbeerrealtor

Wildtrak
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2017 GLE 350 4M
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yet again more proof you can never pay too much. You can only pay too soon.

Also, something something, a fool and his money....

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can you do it? Of course.

Will somebody value it enough to pay a premium? No doubt.

Are you morally bankrupt if you try to make money off someone just because you sat around in July on a Tuesday night in your BVDs and clicked buttons on the internet for the sole purpose of acquiring reservations for multiple FE vehicles you have zero intention of buying? Most likely.
I believe the seller had intentions of purchasing, but now has a baby on the way. Lets face the cold hard facts, if Ford didn't do reservations I'd bet about 90% of the dealers would be charging $5k to $50k over MSRP on the FE. Heck some even said they still are going to charge it on a reservation holder. The only thing saving us from dealer upcharge is being able to switch dealers. So I'm not buying the morally bankrupt theory.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe the seller had intentions of purchasing, but now has a baby on the way. Lets face the cold hard facts, if Ford didn't do reservations I'd bet about 90% of the dealers would be charging $5k to $50k over MSRP on the FE. Heck some even said they still are going to charge it on a reservation holder. The only thing saving us from dealer upcharge is being able to switch dealers. So I'm not buying the morally bankrupt theory.
Actually the seller just had his baby so his epiphany about needing money is lame. He knew his situation when he was johnny on the spot on July 13th and his price point is a total $$$ grab attempt. You need to come up with a better excuse when you sell your reservations.

Not really seeing your point on equating somebody selling a reservation that they got because they pressed a button on the internet faster than other enthusiasts versus a dealership adding ADM to a vehicle that is on their lot. Now if a dealership or a friend of the dealership was to create fake reservations that they would then fail to accept delivery on solely for the purpose of getting stock on their lot....then yes I would call that morally bankrupt as well.

You do you though! We are just sharing opinions on a forum. You won't be the only one trying (obviously). Just like hording hand sanitizer and charging insane prices in a pandemic. Or running an eligible\ineligible receiver ploy in the NFL to gain an advantage even though it is clearly against the spirit of fair play. There are a million ways to game systems and a million people that do just that.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Actually the seller just had his baby so his epiphany about needing money is lame. He knew his situation when he was johnny on the spot on July 13th and his price point is a total $$$ grab attempt. You need to come up with a better excuse when you sell your reservations.

Not really seeing your point on equating somebody selling a reservation that they got because they pressed a button on the internet faster than other enthusiasts versus a dealership adding ADM to a vehicle that is on their lot. Now if a dealership or a friend of the dealiership was to create fake reservations that they would then fail to accept delivery on solely for the purpose of getting stock on their lot....then yes I would call that morally bankrupt as well.

You do you though! We are just sharing opinions on a forum. You won't be the only one trying (obviously). Just like hording hand sanitizer and charging insane prices in a pandemic. Or running an eligible\ineligible receiver ploy in the NFL to gain an advantage even though it is clearly against the spirit of fair play. There are a million ways to game systems and a million people that do just that.
Like you said we're all here to give our friendly opinion. Really don't know the ebay sellers reasoning for selling his reservations and don't care. Personally I have two FE'S on reserve and two bottles of hand sanitizer at my house. One FE plus hand sanitizer for myself snd one FE plus hand sanitizer for my wife. I'll definitely be keeping my FE as long as we have options on the interior. But if she decided on another vehicle and someone is willing to give me $10k to $20k over what I paid I'm taking it. Most can think what ever they want of me. But truely believe there's nothing wrong in flipping a limited production vehicle. Sorry but not seeing the comparison of hording hand sanitizer with flipping a vehicle. I believe we'll have to agree to disagree on this subject, good chat.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is by all definitions a limited run vehicle.
It’s not gouging. It’s a volunteer bid. The only people bidding are the ones that are fully aware of the price and don’t care. They will gladly pay.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is by all definitions a limited run vehicle.
It’s not gouging. It’s a volunteer bid. The only people bidding are the ones that are fully aware of the price and don’t care. They will gladly pay.
It’s a limited edition trim package, not limited edition vehicle. It’s still just a bronco, not even a bronco with a bigger more powerful engine or anything upgraded except maybe some cosmetics(and some would argue while limited certain specific add ons aren’t upgrades). The only thing that makes it limited is it’s name, nothing more. Basically just like any anniversary edition vehicle. And really how many anniversary editions do you actually see selling at auctions or listed for higher than MSRP right after the first sale? Maybe certain ones here and there, but very few. Heck, more than once I’ve seen anniversary editions of multiple different vehicles sit on dealer lots until they severely discount them to get them gone. In fact seen in person a “limited edition” vehicle sit brand new on a dealer lot for 3 years and finally marked down $15k to sell it off because the only thing special about it was the “limited edition” package. Almost bought a motorcycle that was limited edition(out of only 150) because it was new sitting at a dealer for a year and they marked it down $8k. Wouldn’t be surprised to see an FE end up the same way if someone doesn’t go thru with the deal after order and dealer gets it.

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It’s a limited edition trim package, not limited edition vehicle. It’s still just a bronco, not even a bronco with a bigger more powerful engine or anything upgraded except maybe some cosmetics(and some would argue while limited certain specific add ons aren’t upgrades). The only thing that makes it limited is it’s name, nothing more. Basically just like any anniversary edition vehicle. And really how many anniversary editions do you actually see selling at auctions or listed for higher than MSRP right after the first sale? Maybe certain ones here and there, but very few. Heck, more than once I’ve seen anniversary editions of multiple different vehicles sit on dealer lots until they severely discount them to get them gone. In fact seen in person a “limited edition” vehicle sit brand new on a dealer lot for 3 years and finally marked down $15k to sell it off because the only thing special about it was the “limited edition” package. Almost bought a motorcycle that was limited edition(out of only 150) because it was new sitting at a dealer for a year and they marked it down $8k. Wouldn’t be surprised to see an FE end up the same way if someone doesn’t go thru with the deal after order and dealer gets it.
According to the Ford website they are consided different Bronco models. Limited Edition would be limited to 7000 units. As far as future value, only time will tell. Hope the screen shots below bring some clarity on the subject.
Screenshot_20200904-210945_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200904-210803_Chrome.jpg

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
According to the Ford website they are consided different Bronco models. Limited Edition would be limited to 7000 units. As far as future value, only time will tell. Hope the screen shots below bring some clarity on the subject.
Screenshot_20200904-210945_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200904-210803_Chrome.jpg
Whatever ford calls it doesn’t change my point that it’s only a normal bronco with some special cosmetics. I wasn’t saying it wasn’t limited edition, just saying it’s nothing fancy and doubt it’ll hold any high value because of it. Rare or limited doesn’t simply mean increased value. If it was the only bronco they were making or the only way to get a V8 bronco(or even 3.5 eco boost) was to get a first edition then it would have some value because you couldn’t get anything like it. But you can order almost the exact same bronco without the first edition nameplate, so it’s really not that rare other than in name.
Sponsored

Last edited: