Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So many factors to predict resale value.

Will Sasquatch be available forever?
Will all of these trims be around in the 2022 or future versions?
Will mid package become standard?

All of these things can dramatically impact what your vehicle is worth five years from now.
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 door Wildtrack standard = Base + $20,000. For Base + $10,000 ( on X-Plan ) I can built the Wildtrak running gear and add HD bumper plus Brush guard ( less 2 goat modes-colors-Mod top -LED) . Above that, what value is Wildtrak if you do not add leather seats, High and Lux packages? So now Base + $30,000. Open to hearing why a fully optioned Base at $40k is not the best value and thus the best resale.
Quite simply, if you don’t care about the better safety options and hardware options available and better standard equipment on the higher trims then it’s not a value.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. Open to hearing why a fully optioned Base at $40k is not the best value and thus the best resale.
It might be the “best value”...that’s your call. You determine value. It’s not to me because it’s missing some basics I want. As to whether it has the best resale, it’s speculation...but as an analogy, if you take a base Wrangler, put on a lift and 33s...does it have the same resale as a Rubicon? People pay for that name...that may happen with Badlands as well. We shall see.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes but Badlands = Rubicon.

My take is if you like the Ford beadlock readys, Sasquatch is worth it for you. How much those wheels are worth extra on resale is how much Sasquatch is worth.

You are getting the same suspension with the Badlands, so if you added aftermarket beadlock or maybe extra lift above Sasquatch, it is worth nothing.

This is independent of 10AT and engine considerations.
Serious buyers will know the value of the Sasquatch package even on resale. It is more than just changing tires.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s it. There isn’t even badging for Sasquatch....a resale in 5 years will just call it a Badlands on 33s or a Badlands on 35s...with minimal resale value difference between the two.
There has never been anything like the Sasquatch package offered from a factory vehicle before. Its more of a factory build then an option. It will definitely matter. Its not some aftermarket parts job.

Also how do you know there wont be badging for the Sasquatch package? Im not saying there will be or that it will even make a difference but at this point we don't know.

Last edited:

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It might be the “best value”...that’s your call. You determine value. It’s not to me because it’s missing some basics I want. As to whether it has the best resale, it’s speculation...but as an analogy, if you take a base Wrangler, put on a lift and 33s...does it have the same resale as a Rubicon? People pay for that name...that may happen with Badlands as well. We shall see.
Wow. Ok. Your fired. Lol. You can't compare a Jeep Sport or even Jeep in this scenario. There platform and options and lineup is configured waaaay different.

If you could build a Jeep Sport from the Factory the way you could a Bronco and be $10k less then a Rubicon Jeep wouldn't sell near as many Rubicons. Thats guaranteed.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also I might add the Sasquatch package isnt taking a Bronco and just adding a lift and bigger tires. Your getting the main meat and potatoes ?

Beadlock wheels, 4.7 gearing, lift, M210 axles, 35 inch tires, Bilstein suspension, front and rear lockers and more.

Last edited:

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also I might add the Sasquatch package isnt taking a Bronco and just adding a lift and bigger tires. Your getting the main meat and potatoes ?

Beadlock wheels, 4.7 gearing, lift, M210 axles, 35 inch tires, Bilstein suspension and more.
And when you think of the option as a complete package is actually a good value for the cost of upgrade, in the lower models.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my experience, it has more to do with how much you (or appear to have) wheeled the thing. Jeepers looks for unmolested mallcrawler rubis driven by soccer moms who thought it looked cooler on the lot than the sport. Typically “upgrades” lose value aggressively because people like to put their own stamp on their rig, competition in the aftermarket, and because it usually means the owner was willing to push some boundaries.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
And when you think of the option as a complete package is actually a good value for the cost of upgrade, in the lower models.
Absolutely ?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my experience, it has more to do with how much you (or appear to have) wheeled the thing. Jeepers looks for unmolested mallcrawler rubis driven by soccer moms who thought it looked cooler on the lot than the sport. Typically “upgrades” lose value aggressively because people like to put their own stamp on their rig, competition in the aftermarket, and because it usually means the owner was willing to push some boundaries.
As much as people want to compare Jeeps to Broncos you can't. Totally different scenario and animals. As I said nothing has been offered from the factory like this ever. Certainly not by Jeep.

And I also think most Broncos enthusiasts are different then Jeep people. Jeep people are use to getting nothing from the factory and being forced to build Frankensteins. So its ingrained in them.

Bronco/Ford people will be more refined and more picky because of what you can get from the factory and it will hold more weight. Plus as I mentioned you actually get more from the factory so there's not a whole lot of need to go out and cheapen the Bronco up with aftermarket lifts and gears and such. Big difference.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I'm not mistaken, the highest Wrangler residual is on a stripped Willys with the upgraded rear axle.

The analogy for the Bronco is probably a Base-Squatch. 2.7 upgrade may be worth it, but the 7MT may actually be more valuable at some point.

Higher trims, options, and accessories (especially aftermarket) recoup MUCH less of their initial cost at resale.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan be keep mine for a very long time (I purchased my current car new in '03), so I'm going to get everything I want that isn't easily added after market or is just better to get as OEM... regardless of resale. Sounds like that may not be the case for the OP but either way, I suggest getting what you want (that fits your budget of course) and enjoying it for as long as you do keep it. You will probably do just fine when it comes down to selling it.

Last edited:

Manningwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your car will depreciate by 50% after 3 years... so that 2500 upgrade will be worth $1250 in three years. It’s basic math.
Sponsored