John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may do that if I can find them. I am mainly looking for a smoother ride while keeping the 2 inch lift. If I had the takeoffs, would I still need the zone lift? Forgive me, but I am new to this.
I have a Badlands non-SAS with the Zone 1221 kit. You’d need to confirm your kit was compatible, but it’s up to you if you want both.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't buy sas take offs unless they are $500-$600, 5100 are just to good of a value.
5100s are the real deal. I used them on my Colorado and loved em. I've been waiting to install a pair on my Bronco to level her out.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

5100s are the real deal. I used them on my Colorado and loved em. I've been waiting to install a pair on my Bronco to level her out.
I've heard both thoughts, so I have to ask. Are 5100s softer in initial impact absorption or firmer in your opinion vs the stock Bilsteins? Or is that more spring related?

BroncoHI

Black Diamond
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've heard both thoughts, so I have to ask. Are 5100s softer in initial impact absorption or firmer in your opinion vs the stock Bilsteins? Or is that more spring related?
I would say that the 5100s were stiffer than my stock Colorado suspension. My Bronco rides about the same, but feels much more loose steering. My last Ford was an '83 Bronco and I forgot how easy it was to shift and drive. Have a great turn radius. Idk if I answered your question, but I can only imagine the 5100s will only make it better.

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I finally have these shocks in-hand and will be getting them installed in the next week on my non-SAS OBX. If anyone has any questions, pictures, etc. that you'd like me to keep track of before/after installation just let me know. These things are beefy.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] Shocks

Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I finally have these shocks in-hand and will be getting them installed in the next week on my non-SAS OBX. If anyone has any questions, pictures, etc. that you'd like me to keep track of before/after installation just let me know. These things are beefy.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] Shocks
now I’m jealous

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't wait to see what it looks like and your impressions on overall ride quality. Are you running your stock wheel/tire combo? Or do you have larger tires?

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I swapped my OBX wheels/tires for Stock Badlands wheels (17s) and tires (33s/KO2s).

Last edited:

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I swapped my OBX wheels/tires for Stock Badlands wheels (17s) and tires (KO2s).
Nice, now I'm definitely curious to see how it looks with the 33s.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I swapped my OBX wheels/tires for Stock Badlands wheels (17s) and tires (KO2s).
Im going to follow this thread now. are you on a 3.73 gear ratio as well?

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FWIW Levittown Ford lists these @ $1,705.29.

Notes that:
  • Designed and optimized as an upgrade to Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Outer Banks Series.
  • NOT validated for fitment with Sasquatch Package, Badlands, Everglade, or Raptor.

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im going to follow this thread now. are you on a 3.73 gear ratio as well?
I have the upgraded 4.27 gearing on my non-SAS OBX. I had considered using Levittown but shipping was going to be ~$350 nullifying the discount, and not able to apply Ford Points. I used my Ford Points discount and got these from my local Ford Dealership which brought the price down below what Levittown was quoting.

JimboSlice

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why don’t you just keep the zone lift but get some SAS takeoffs?
I did end up getting the SAS suspension takeoffs with only 100 miles on them for $750. I think that was a good deal. I have not installed them yet. Still looking forward to seeing how the Ford Performance suspension works out.
Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Now Available For Bronco! [not for Sasquatch suspension, Badlands, Everglades, Raptor] 1670341335173

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can't wait to see what it looks like and your impressions on overall ride quality. Are you running your stock wheel/tire combo? Or do you have larger tires?
Nice, now I'm definitely curious to see how it looks with the 33s.
This ^ I have my eyes on these for my BB when the budget allows it and also planning on going 33s so curious to see how this works out!

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excuse the noob question, but if I install these on a non SAS OBX, will I be able to fit OBX wheels with enough clearance for off roading?
Sponsored