Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi All, it’s Dave. I have been reading this forums for a few months and I may be wrong or may have missed it, but I don’t recall a thread specifically on interior design. If there is please direct me there! I have never bought a brand new vehicle before, as I own a 1991 Silverado, and daily drive a 2014 Malibu to University until I graduate this May and Commission into our USAF as a Pilot Select/Trainee. Personally, I have always been partial to Chevrolet always growing up with them around. This being said we have also had a 2011 Expedition that took us to 48 states and twice to Canada without any issues more than a flat tire and a blown fuse. I’m really looking into getting into the off road scene, but I don’t like FCA and Land Rover is too classy for my taste.

so as far as interior design goes... what main aspects in the interior design would y’all like to see? All the off road goodies tucked away up top like in the Tacoma? Vinyl floors in trim levels above base? Minimalist display size? Back seat removal is a must looking at other threads, but how about flat floors one they are removed?

I have noticed on while configuration of f150s on the ford website once you add the fx4 package you can’t get vinyl flooring in certain trim levels. This is bothersome to me as if needed I would like to wash out my future Bronco with a water hose.

Thanks all for any acceptance into this community!
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to see it run the gamut, especially on the upper trim levels. I would like for the most offroad capable trim level to also have a washable interior. And electronics don't necessarily have to be moved up if they are designed and potted correctly, but then I have no plans to take a new 40k truck into water that'll get the interior wet any time soon.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like to see the leather Recaros from the Mustang performance packages make their way in as an option, those are really nice seats.

I'm also hoping for the Raptor style wheel and metal paddle shifts for the auto. Leather touchpoints (wheel, manual trans shifter, etc) are my favorite. Leather dash and door cards would be good. No Alcantara except maybe the headliner, I hate how it looks.

I'd like a moderately sized (~8" is plenty), landscape orientation screen, integrated into the dashboard, not 'floating' as it is in the new Explorer. I'd also like to have physical buttons for the important controls like temp, volume, etc.

I'd like to see the upfitter switches like the Raptor so we can easily add accessories cleanly

I'd also like to see options for all the people who disagree with me about all of this :)

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
While overhead controls are cool AF in a Jeep. They're damn terrible in a Tacoma. The cab is WAY too short/roof too low. You can't see them unless you're 5'2" tall.

I'm all about modern tech...So I'd like all the things. But not having them isn't really a dealbreaker. You KNOW it's going to have the latest and greatest head unit with Sync and all the Android/Apple stuff. Implementation can be a crap shoot on how it all integrates and for ease of use though.

****WARNING...NON SEQUITUR PET PEEVE INCOMING****

Give me either a dial/button on the dash, or a column mounted shifter please (auto trans, manuals are of course, different). Putting a giant lever in the middle of the center console absolutely wastes some of the most prime real estate in the cabin. It looks cool...But it just takes up 50% of usable space. More so in a what I expect to be a fairly narrow cabin.

GM and Dodge have their truck shifters on the column (or a dial), and look at their consoles. Amazing. Useful. GM has a wireless charging pad that's perfectly placed. It's so nice.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Give me either a dial/button on the dash, or a column mounted shifter please (auto trans, manuals are of course, different). Putting a giant lever in the middle of the center console absolutely wastes some of the most prime real estate in the cabin. It looks cool...But it just takes up 50% of usable space. More so in a what I expect to be a fairly narrow cabin.

GM and Dodge have their truck shifters on the column (or a dial), and look at their consoles. Amazing. Useful. GM has a wireless charging pad that's perfectly placed. It's so nice.
But where will the 7 speed manual transmission's shifter go? :D

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I said that manuals would be different.

And I don't care about those anyway. I won't buy a manual lol

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like one of those wood/rope/steel 3D puzzles that only like 1 in 4 people can solve.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now I want to see what a 7 on the tree shifter would look like...
7 on the tree would be the best safety feature ever invented since the seat belt...
Can you imagine trying to hold your phone to type a text message with that? Would cause people to be drivers again..

Sponsored
OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd like to see it run the gamut, especially on the upper trim levels. I would like for the most offroad capable trim level to also have a washable interior. And electronics don't necessarily have to be moved up if they are designed and potted correctly, but then I have no plans to take a new 40k truck into water that'll get the interior wet any time soon.
I agree, it’s just some things seen in the ranger look like they could have been better thought out. I for one don’t like the massive air vent trend seen in chevrolet and ford trucks placed right behind your hands. I would want a vehicle that could go anywhere respectfully, and an interior that would go with that. Example being the new defender, a very a capable vehicle but has an interior that is not. Why have 30 or so inches of water wading capability if your floors, seats, and more can’t take that if there is a small leak?

OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd like to see the leather Recaros from the Mustang performance packages make their way in as an option, those are really nice seats.

I'm also hoping for the Raptor style wheel and metal paddle shifts for the auto. Leather touchpoints (wheel, manual trans shifter, etc) are my favorite. Leather dash and door cards would be good. No Alcantara except maybe the headliner, I hate how it looks.

I'd like a moderately sized (~8" is plenty), landscape orientation screen, integrated into the dashboard, not 'floating' as it is in the new Explorer. I'd also like to have physical buttons for the important controls like temp, volume, etc.

I'd like to see the upfitter switches like the Raptor so we can easily add accessories cleanly

I'd also like to see options for all the people who disagree with me about all of this :)

The upfitter auxiliary switches I have seen in my grandfathers f450 are great, I believe they are the same as in the raptor.

also if they put the off road control system into a over head set up like this other one I think that would work well...

5CD98265-24A2-42AF-B3FA-DFD4DF2A9671.jpeg

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

7 on the tree would be the best safety feature ever invented since the seat belt...
Can you imagine trying to hold your phone to type a text message with that? Would cause people to be drivers again..
Can we get manual steering too?! On my EB between the 3 on the tree and the manual steering there's no room for distractions.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we get manual steering too?! On my EB between the 3 on the tree and the manual steering there's no room for distractions.
I'm really hoping for manual 4 wheel drum brakes. Maybe people will learn to stop riding everyone's ass that way.