First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Someone should buy it now for the 25k. Pay using paypal and then request a refund since Ford specifically says the reservation can't be transferred. He'll be hit with $750.30 dollars in fees for pulling this stunt and you'll get all your money back...If only I had $25k laying around.......
I'm all for capitalism but I dont think he'll be able to pull this off the way he thinks it will go...

Ford Bronco First Edition Bronco reservation on eBay for $15K imgBucks_35x13
You'll earn $100.00 in eBay Bucks. See conditions
This just changed everything!!!!! LOL.

Has anyone reported it yet. I'm thinking we should...
Sponsored

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Whatever ford calls it doesn’t change my point that it’s only a normal bronco with some special cosmetics. I wasn’t saying it wasn’t limited edition, just saying it’s nothing fancy and doubt it’ll hold any high value because of it. Rare or limited doesn’t simply mean increased value. If it was the only bronco they were making or the only way to get a V8 bronco(or even 3.5 eco boost) was to get a first edition then it would have some value because you couldn’t get anything like it. But you can order almost the exact same bronco without the first edition nameplate, so it’s really not that rare other than in name.
I'm with you on the fact It’s just a loaded up Bronco with a few extra decals. But with only 7000 produced alot of folks will percieve it as a valuable vehicle and will pay extra to own one. Personally I reserved one because I load up my vehicle with most options anyway. The fact that only 7k will be produced doesn't impress me and still would of ordered one if 70k were produced. Do I truly believe our ebay friend will get $15k to $25k for his reservation, probably not. But I can see some folks paying around $5k over MSRP for a FE. I'm even willing to change my reservation to a Wildtrak or Badlands if I can't get my interior color on a FE. As far as them sitting around at dealers and not selling, the only way that will happen is if Navy Pier blue is the only interior option or if a dealership tries to hit a homerun on one and asks way over sticker.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer might give you a super sweet deal on any other car on the lot just to walk away at delivery.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever ford calls it doesn’t change my point that it’s only a normal bronco with some special cosmetics. I wasn’t saying it wasn’t limited edition, just saying it’s nothing fancy and doubt it’ll hold any high value because of it. Rare or limited doesn’t simply mean increased value. If it was the only bronco they were making or the only way to get a V8 bronco(or even 3.5 eco boost) was to get a first edition then it would have some value because you couldn’t get anything like it. But you can order almost the exact same bronco without the first edition nameplate, so it’s really not that rare other than in name.
Very true. If Ford had made them all in one color with things that weren’t available otherwise..37s, bigger engine, whatever, then okay. But they don’t even have an exclusive color and aren’t really distinctive in any way. Long term they won’t be much more valuable than a loaded bronco without that little first edition tag, maybe less of the interior really is fugly like people are worried about. As to this guy trying to turn $100 into $15k, he’s a tool and I hope no fool falls for it, but you never know. There are a lot of fools out there.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm with you on the fact It’s just a loaded up Bronco with a few extra decals. But with only 7000 produced alot of folks will percieve it as a valuable vehicle and will pay extra to own one. Personally I reserved one because I load up my vehicle with most options anyway. The fact that only 7k will be produced doesn't impress me and still would of ordered one if 70k were produced. Do I truly believe our ebay friend will get $15k to $25k for his reservation, probably not. But I can see some folks paying around $5k over MSRP for a FE. I'm even willing to change my reservation to a Wildtrak or Badlands if I can't get my interior color on a FE. As far as them sitting around at dealers and not selling, the only way that will happen is if Navy Pier blue is the only interior option or if a dealership tries to hit a homerun on one and asks way over sticker.
I could see a few paying over MSRP on the misguided notion that first edition actually means its worth more sure. But like I said I could also see some of these ending up on dealer lots and sitting for a long time because there’s really nothing on it you can’t get on a different model so why pay more for only a badge name. The only caveat there is if there aren’t any other broncos on dealer lots. If they only make the reservation orders and don’t have any on lots till 2022 or beyond, then yea regardless of what model I can see people paying for anything that’s on the lot. But if there’s other options, I don’t see many paying above MSRP for one. I’ve seen more limited vehicles do the same thing(some pay over MSRP to start with, but still end up with vehicles sitting on lot and not selling til severely discounted) so only reason I’d say this might not is the availability of other models on a dealer lot.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I could see a few paying over MSRP on the misguided notion that first edition actually means its worth more sure. But like I said I could also see some of these ending up on dealer lots and sitting for a long time because there’s really nothing on it you can’t get on a different model so why pay more for only a badge name. The only caveat there is if there aren’t any other broncos on dealer lots. If they only make the reservation orders and don’t have any on lots till 2022 or beyond, then yea regardless of what model I can see people paying for anything that’s on the lot. But if there’s other options, I don’t see many paying above MSRP for one. I’ve seen more limited vehicles do the same thing(some pay over MSRP to start with, but still end up with vehicles sitting on lot and not selling til severely discounted) so only reason I’d say this might not is the availability of other models on a dealer lot.
Until the build and price site comes up none of us know if a FE will cost more than a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. It might even cost less than one of those models for all we know.
After looking at the sample option pricing from Ford I think a FE will be within a few hundred more or less than a almost exact optioned out Badlands or Wildtrak. So highly doubt it sits in dealer inventory, Bronco shortage or not. Now if dealers try to get $5k to $10k over msrp, then yes it will most likely sit. Or if Navy Pier blue is only interior it may also sit.
Also I don't believe there is any misguided notion. As popular is the return of the new Bronco, a only 7000 unit FE will always be worth more than a Badlands or Wildtrak, IMO.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Until the build and price site comes up none of us know if a FE will cost more than a fully loaded Badlands or Wildtrak. It might even cost less than one of those models for all we know.
After looking at the sample option pricing from Ford I think a FE will be within a few hundred more or less than a almost exact optioned out Badlands or Wildtrak. So highly doubt it sits in dealer inventory, Bronco shortage or not. Now if dealers try to get $5k to $10k over msrp, then yes it will most likely sit. Or if Navy Pier blue is only interior it may also sit.
Also I don't believe there is any misguided notion. As popular is the return of the new Bronco, a only 7000 unit FE will always be worth more than a Badlands or Wildtrak, IMO.
Sure price will play a factor of course, but at already $10k more than a wildtrak base price and it seems the FE is more based of the badlands(speculation in articles and based on standard features so far released about it, even the logo for FE is based on badlands) which it’s almost $20k more than I don’t see a few options playing that big a role. From what I’ve seen it just comes standard with the squatch and lux package, then the limited interior and graphics are really the only difference. Granted the badlands comes standard with the 2.3 while wildtrak and first edition are 2.7 only, so yea that’s at least a few grand of the almost $20k price difference there of course. But are squatch and lux really gonna be worth $10-15k if that’s the only major differences? And 7000 is really still a lot of vehicles. Yes it’s limited and nowhere near the total mass production, but there’s non limited models of vehicles in the same price range that sell less than half that. And I’ve seen numbered limited edition vehicles with less than 500 made sit on lots. A local dealership here had a numbered 143(if I remember right) of 250 limited edition vehicle that sat for 2-3 years. So I still see no reason why a few wouldn’t end up sitting on dealer lots somewhere if there’s other broncos to choose from on the lot.

edit: forgot the leather seats are standard on FE too and optioned on wildtrak and badlands. So that may put it a bit closer if they overcharge for the leather. But not everybody even wants leather. And still don’t think squatch, lux, and leather are worth the $10-15k difference. But just gotta wait and see I guess

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sure price will play a factor of course, but at already $10k more than a wildtrak base price and it seems the FE is more based of the badlands(speculation in articles and based on standard features so far released about it, even the logo for FE is based on badlands) which it’s almost $20k more than I don’t see a few options playing that big a role. From what I’ve seen it just comes standard with the squatch and lux package, then the limited interior and graphics are really the only difference. Granted the badlands comes standard with the 2.3 while wildtrak and first edition are 2.7 only, so yea that’s at least a few grand of the almost $20k price difference there of course. But are squatch and lux really gonna be worth $10-15k if that’s the only major differences? And 7000 is really still a lot of vehicles. Yes it’s limited and nowhere near the total mass production, but there’s non limited models of vehicles in the same price range that sell less than half that. And I’ve seen numbered limited edition vehicles with less than 500 made sit on lots. A local dealership here had a numbered 143(if I remember right) of 250 limited edition vehicle that sat for 2-3 years. So I still see no reason why a few wouldn’t end up sitting on dealer lots somewhere if there’s other broncos to choose from on the lot.

edit: forgot the leather seats are standard on FE too and optioned on wildtrak and badlands. So that may put it a bit closer if they overcharge for the leather. But not everybody even wants leather. And still don’t think squatch, lux, and leather are worth the $10-15k difference. But just gotta wait and see I guess
According to the Price survey from Ford, you'll find a Badlands or Wildtrak optioned out like a First Edition will only be a couple thousand more not $10k to $20k more. If I'm spending over $60k on a Bronco a few more grand to get a limited run FE is worth it to me. I'm sure alot of folks would rather save the money and be happy with a loaded Badlands or Wildtrak, but I'm willing to spend it for a 7000 limited run Bronco. And according to the FE selling out the first night of release, there are alot of other folks willing to spend the extra money . So again do I think a FE is going to be sitting around on dealers showroon floor and they'll have to discount it to sell, Absolutely not.
Screenshot_20200906-071044_Hancom Office Editor.jpg

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a base and 2 FE reservations. I took the two FE's not knowing much about them except they were limited to 3500 and I could switch out of them but I couldn't switch into them. It was just insurance knowing I could get one if I wanted one after finding out all the details, which we still don't know. Now that they are not so limited at 7000, Navy Pier interior, lack of a color I want, possibly more $ than it's equivalent Badlands, and the fact that I will probably want a Raptor/Warthog down the road, the FE is not so desirable to me.

Another thing. My whole life the rule of thumb was to never buy the first year of a new model car. Wait til the year 2 so the manufacturer can work out all the kinks. now we want to pay extra to put a sticker on the car telling the world how stupid we were for buying the First Edition. Especially if it becomes a told you so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This happens with everything in life unfortunately. People do it with game consoles and a million other items every time they come out. That doesn’t necessarily make it right and I have serious issues about people who buy things with the sole intent of trying to over charge someone later.

That’s just not me, if I don’t want something i don’t buy it. I can’t imagine buying something I don’t want so I could profit from it off someone who did want it. I don’t know this guys intent but trying to sell a car for 25K+ over MSRP is a douche move. If that was me I would just give it to somebody who truly wanted it.

Case in point, I am CU fan. Nebraska and CU played at Folsom last year and I was given the opportunity to buy 4 extra tickets with my season tickets. Tickets for that game for going for $300-800 online because the Runza eaters wanted to come here. I sold my 4 seats to 2 CU fans for face value on principle even though I could have made $1200 and paid for my entire season with those tickets.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a base and 2 FE reservations. I took the two FE's not knowing much about them except they were limited to 3500 and I could switch out of them but I couldn't switch into them. It was just insurance knowing I could get one if I wanted one after finding out all the details, which we still don't know. Now that they are not so limited at 7000, Navy Pier interior, lack of a color I want, possibly more $ than it's equivalent Badlands, and the fact that I will probably want a Raptor/Warthog down the road, the FE is not so desirable to me.
The Navy Pier Interior will probably be the only thing that might stop me from buying a FE. I'm sure there are alot of folks like yourself that reserved a FE that will be switching to another model. But as much hype as the new bronco has received, I don't think Ford is going to have a problem moving out all 7000 FE units.