First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well we did it boys and girls! 2020 is now here, and I just want to say that we did it! We have not seen a Bronco in production for the past 2 decades, hell I’ve only had 2 years of my entire life that a Bronco was being produced. But now, here in the new Roaring ‘20s we will finally have our new Bronco. The reveal is at most 6 months away, more information will continue dripping out up to that point, and soon we’re going to be talking about order banks opening up and where to get the best deals. So a cheers to an upcoming decade that I know for me, will personally be highly defined by my Bronco. I want to hear what your plans are for this new decade with your Bronco as well! I know we have our differences and arguments, but I know once we see it, and deliveries start going out that those arguments will fade away and change into preferences on what you want in a tangible, achievable way. So let’s hear it: What mods are you going to start out with; and what trips you want to go on for this decade of the Bronco?

I know Moab and Zion will be a must within a few weeks of picking mine up, also Sand Hollow and Rocky Point Mexico for sure. Maybe even a Vegas trip? First mods will probably be a gas can, a winch, and to take the damn doors and roof off!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well we did it boys and girls! 2020 is now here, and I just want to say that we did it! We have not seen a Bronco in production for the past 2 decades, hell I’ve only had 2 years of my entire life that a Bronco was being produced. But now, here in the new Roaring ‘20s we will finally have our new Bronco. The reveal is at most 6 months away, more information will continue dripping out up to that point, and soon we’re going to be talking about order banks opening up and where to get the best deals. So a cheers to an upcoming decade that I know for me, will personally be highly defined by my Bronco. I want to hear what your plans are for this new decade with your Bronco as well! I know we have our differences and arguments, but I know once we see it, and deliveries start going out that those arguments will fade away and change into preferences on what you want in a tangible, achievable way. So let’s hear it: What mods are you going to start out with; and what trips you want to go on for this decade of the Bronco?

I know Moab and Zion will be a must within a few weeks of picking mine up, also Sand Hollow and Rocky Point Mexico for sure. Maybe even a Vegas trip? First mods will probably be a gas can, a winch, and to take the damn doors and roof off!

It’s only 10:28 pm, the fat lady has not sang yet..

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s only 10:28 pm, the fat lady has not sang yet..
Yeah i'm going to be too drunk by then to even formulate the words.... it's 2020 on the East Coast close enough!!

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah i'm going to be too drunk by then to even formulate the words.... it's 2020 on the East Coast close enough!!
Gotta wake up in 2020 and check your pulse and make sure your still breathing before you call it out loud.. .. Dont need you jinxing us old fuckers..
Usually the minute I call something prematurely is when all hell brakes loose.. LOL!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're committed to a $40k+ purchase for a product you haven't even seen, heard, touched etc?
Yup. I have something called “trust” that I reserve for companies and people I believe in. I’d rather go through life hoping for the best and planning for the worst (which is why I bought my Jeep) vs expecting and planning for the worst. Sure I may be setting my expectations too high but all the little between the lines things I’ve read from my friend, ChrispyKC, Teocali, the blue oval forums, comments on Reddit, etc. I feel like I’m setting my expectations exactly where I should be.

Last edited:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If it checks all my boxes and stays reasonably priced, I'll order/buy one the day they hit the lots. I'm ready to buy a new truck NOW...But I'm waiting for the Bronco.

It needs to at least hit the youtube reviewers before I decide and buy. If the launch/price/reviews are turrble, I'll go buy something else before that.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I've been waiting for a new Bronco for what seems like forever. I remember getting on Ford Social, like, 10 years ago and signing every "Hey Ford, please make a new Bronco!" petition I could find. I'm extremely hopeful and holding off a new vehicle purchase until I can see it. Heck, isn't this the sort of blind optimism that New Year's resolutions are all about?

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You mean we're finally gonna get the vehicle we got a concept for in 2004, an announcement in 2018 as a 2019 model? :D

Sponsored

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
To me, it seems 2010-2020 was defined by the death of domestic sedans, and the birth of 57 crossovers that all look the same, and the addition of far more in-car infotainment and safety features.

It's looking like the big news of 2020-2030 will be electrification. What else will the decade bring, and how will the Bronco fair? Let's go!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me, it seems 2010-2020 was defined by the death of domestic sedans, and the birth of 57 crossovers that all look the same, and the addition of far more in-car infotainment and safety features.

It's looking like the big news of 2020-2030 will be electrification. What else will the decade bring, and how will the Bronco fair? Let's go!
I feel that the last 20 years were those of a teenager or young adult. We, the people, trying to figure out just where we want to go in the future, deciding what we want and how to get there. I don't feel that there was much really defining things for the last 20 years besides a pessimistic hope that things would change and get better. And yet, I'm not sure that they will. There were leaps and bounds in technology, but they haven't seem to have been applied in ways that really live up to their potential, or they came with major pitfalls as compared to the upwards ideas they were supposed to bring. Yes, we have all of human knowledge and history at our fingertips, but now no one wants to interact one on one. We have all of these comforts that are available cheaply to everyone, that even 30 years ago only the richest of the rich could afford, and yet we are still trying to one up each other on every little thing. While violence and wars are at all time lows, the 24 hour news cycle has them being pumped into our living rooms at such rates no one could be faulted for thinking that we are living in the most violent time ever. We have invented great power sources, or made them so much better, like nuclear, nat. gas, solar, wind, but yet we are watching a continent burn to the ground right now. We have instant global communication, and yet so many of our countries are trying to, or having to, separate themselves on the global stage. So much the ability to have an open discussion, to learn everything, all sides of a disagreement. Maybe not reach global harmony, but a better understanding of each other, and instead we all just get online and go straight to our echo chambers.

I mean come on folks, WTF! we can do better.

And Ford can show us the new Bronco so we can stop all this petty bickering! And I don't care about your opinion, SFA and a V8 is better.

(sorry for the slightly....largely...off topic rant)

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly, I think that the 'traditional' enthusiast vehicle's days are numbered. Specifically I'm thinking internal combustion engines and the ability to get a car without active safety systems. Many manufacturers have announced their intention to have fully electrified lineups in the next decade. Even if the Bronco comes out and is amazing and everything everyone wants, I can't really see there being a second generation that's the same way, with non-hybrid propulsion. We're at the golden point for Ford to be able to introduce a relatively engaging enthusiast off-roader, and that window isn't going to last forever. Honestly 5 years ago would have been better for those of us who would prefer not to have active safety systems, but the window is still available for now, they aren't mandatory yet.

Right now is one of the best times to be a car enthusiast, but we're also facing and starting to go through a major turning point. There will still be enthusiast vehicles of course, but they aren't going to give the same experience as current ones, just like pre-computerized cars were very different to own than the current ones. I prefer fuel injection and power steering, but there's no doubt that carbs and manual steering provide an experience that modern cars can't. Similarly I'm sure a Porsche Taycan is fun on a twisty road, but it's going to be a different experience to a corvette or mustang.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many manufacturers have announced their intention to have fully electrified lineups in the next decade
I could announce my intention to trade up for a 'trophy wife'...don't mean its gonna happen. But the odds on That might be better than eliminating IC engines

(sorry for the slightly....largely...off topic rant)
I forget...have they legalized marijuana in Louisianan yet?

2010-2020 was defined by the death of domestic sedans
and NO ONE shed a tear at the funeral!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I think that the 'traditional' enthusiast vehicle's days are numbered. Specifically I'm thinking internal combustion engines and the ability to get a car without active safety systems. Many manufacturers have announced their intention to have fully electrified lineups in the next decade. ...
ICE / BEV will make no difference, vehicles are evil -- how dare you steal from mother nature and the rest of society for your personal aggrandizement. If you want to enjoy the great outdoors and public lands, you'll be expected to walk there.

:devil:
Sponsored