Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.7L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got it installed myself.
How is the auto stop eliminated that people say it does once installed?

Screen seems to stay on when bronco is off if it’s plugged into the port.

can you set a default display with some gauges?

the manual is crap. Not many YouTube’s on it.

has a bit more power and shifting seems smoother. Love it.
Sponsored

LazygonInfinity

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D 2.7L Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Back and a K&N Performance Air Intake System coming. I then intend to get this Ford Performance tune. What's a realistic crank HP/torque estimate there?

I'm hoping to get a slight improvement to the power band at lower rpms. Plenty of power once you push the pedal and those turbos spool up, but it's a touch underwhelming under 2.8k rpm stock, in my humble opinion. And I am rarely flooring the Bronco because premium gas is not cheap. I'm not trying to build a speed machine, I appreciate this beast for what it is, would just like a bit more power.

Bruzzo

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX SAS; 1965 Shelby Cobra (Backdraft)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey All!

Ford Performance just released an Update and New Feature for the ProCal4 device for the 2021+ Bronco's, 2.3L and 2.7L!

With the update, you can now :
- Change axle/FDU ratio up to 5.38 !
- Upgrade the M190 to the M210 front drive unit by reconfiguring DLCM module

With the allowance of calibration up to a 5.38 gear ratio and up to a 37" BFG 37x12.5R17 KO2 (579 revolutions per mile, this allows for more flexibility when correcting speedometers.

With the addition of reconfiguring for different drive unit, Base models can now upgrade to the front differential with a locker (M210) and unlock full usability without computer fault.

We're excited to see what comes next from Ford Performance on these!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-today-lethal-performance.60221/post-1693951

The BFG website shows those 37" KO2s at 569 RPM. Which one is it really? Thanks.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The BFG website shows those 37" KO2s at 569 RPM. Which one is it really? Thanks.
Ford uses a factor to account for range of tire wear and loaded tread circumference.

569/0.9825 = 579

579 should be close. If you want more accuracy, you can use forscan and manually set the circumference. I ended up using 2760mm (584rpm) on my 37" BFG's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys,
Just want to pop in again and say thanks for all of the support and orders from you on the Ford Procal for the Bronco.

I had the opportunity to meet my rep Mike Robbins from Ford Performance last week at the PRI show in Indy. He's the one that has helped out in getting all of your questions answered regarding the device and it's features. I also had the opportunity to meet Mike Goodwin who is the guy behind the calibrations. If either of these guys aren't sure how to answer the questions you ask they'll always do their best to speak with someone else to get the info for all of us.

I'm going to try and schedule up a live feed with them on our Instagram channel to discuss the Bronco device and calibrations as well as take questions from the Bronco owners in here.

Would anyone be interested in that? I figured it would be pretty neat for you guys to meet the team behind all of this.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do we get this "installed", keep our warranty and don't have to pay the dealer $100s to do it? I want this bad, but I don't want to go to the dealer...and I want to keep my warranty.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do we get this "installed", keep our warranty and don't have to pay the dealer $100s to do it? I want this bad, but I don't want to go to the dealer...and I want to keep my warranty.
I think the warranty is a marketing gimmick. I can't see Ford denying warranty because you installed a Ford upgrade... that would be admitting that their upgrade product was responsible for causing damage.

Simply return to stock tune before taking to dealer for warranty service and most dealers would not know or care.

One caveat is that if you botch the programming the tow and dealer reflash will be on your dime. This shouldn't happen if you follow the instructions (e.g. use battery charger).

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think the warranty is a marketing gimmick. I can't see Ford denying warranty because you installed a Ford upgrade... that would be admitting that their upgrade product was responsible for causing damage.

Simply return to stock tune before taking to dealer for warranty service and most dealers would not know or care.

One caveat is that if you botch the programming the tow and dealer reflash will be on your dime. This shouldn't happen if you follow the instructions (e.g. use battery charger).
It says it must be done by an ASE mechanic correct? That is what I thought was required.. but I have not dug into too far. I hate going to the dealer and just through up my hands. I don't know of any independent ASE shops that would let me bring a product in they didn't sell.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It says it must be done by an ASE mechanic correct?
Yes, that is technically required for the "warranty". You'll have to decide if I the warranty has any actual value over the factory warranty. Remember that Ford can only deny factory warranty to extent issue is caused by aftermarket product, which in this case is Ford product.

Nasty Ford dealership: did you have a tune installed by a non-certified mechanic?
Bronco owner: he doesn't want to say, but if you give me an official repair estimate showing that the Ford tune damaged my engine, my lawyer will find out.

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pulled the trigger and purchased. Now I'm having a hard time finding a Ford dealership or ASE certified tech to install

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, that is technically required for the "warranty". You'll have to decide if I the warranty has any actual value over the factory warranty. Remember that Ford can only deny factory warranty to extent issue is caused by aftermarket product, which in this case is Ford product.

Nasty Ford dealership: did you have a tune installed by a non-certified mechanic?
Bronco owner: he doesn't want to say, but if you give me an official repair estimate showing that the Ford tune damaged my engine, my lawyer will find out.
SELECT FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS LIMITED WARRANTY Rev. February 14, 2021

https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/PDFS/fpp-warranty.pdf

"This warranty works in conjunction with -- and does not void -- the Manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty. It is valid for the original retail purchaser of the vehicle and is transferable to subsequent vehicle owners."

"Performance Packs and Component Parts Performance Packs and Components are warranted for factory-supplied material or workmanship when correctly and completely installed on a late model Ford vehicle by an authorized Ford or Lincoln Dealer, Shelby American, Inc., or an automotive service technician certified by the Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) or endorsed by the Red Seal Program (RSE). This Performance Packs and Components Limited Warranty begins upon installation and registration of the part(s) with Ford Performance and remains in effect for the balance of 36 months or 36,000 miles / 60,000 kilometres, whichever occurs first, calculated from the start date of the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty."

"Installation of these select Ford Performance warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Ford Performance parts are aftermarket parts. The use of Ford Performance parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs."

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are they just not willing to install it? Or are there literally no ASE mechanics in your area?
They’re saying it needs to be a ford performance shop. The product doesn’t say that- says ford dealer or ASE certified mechanic. I figured if they don’t want to- they shouldn’t!

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The shops have never installed one and don’t want to. Same with the dealerships
Sponsored