Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am always amazed at the folks who seem to think that if they drive a 4x4 vehicle they are immune to the laws of physics. I saw a beautiful black 4 door Bronco slide right into the rear of a van. Dude was next to me at a light and took off like a bat outa hell when it went green. Awesome, right. 4 wheel drive works great to get ya going. Next light turns red van stops Bronco hits brakes and slides right into back of van. Just amazes me that a lot of people who own these type of vehicles think they are indestructible in rough road conditions. Slow down folks, especially you people who are new to these type of vehicles.
Sponsored

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am always amazed at the folks who seem to think that if they drive a 4x4 vehicle they are immune to the laws of physics. I saw a beautiful black 4 door Bronco slide right into the rear of a van. Dude was next to me at a light and took off like a bat outa hell when it went green. Awesome, right. 4 wheel drive works great to get ya going. Next light turns red van stops Bronco hits brakes and slides right into back of van. Just amazes me that a lot of people who own these type of vehicles think they are indestructible in rough road conditions. Slow down folks, especially you people who are new to these type of vehicles.
Yep. It’s always the shiny new 4X4’s that end up in the ditch while the older 2wds drive slowly by.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people have to learn the hard way and the lesson might not stick.

It seems to me people make riskier decisions in bad weather too. I've noticed an uptick of people pulling out without enough room and causing problems behind them.

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I grew up learning to drive in the snow and ice in a 1970 Dodge Dart with no traction control and shitty tires. You learn a lot that way.

Sponsored

RioBlue1521

Wildtrak
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some people have to learn the hard way and the lesson might not stick.

It seems to me people make riskier decisions in bad weather too. I've noticed an uptick of people pulling out without enough room and causing problems behind them.
I have noticed this too. I drive a school bus and see it all the time during inclement weather. 🤦🏻‍♀️

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was driving my wife's Honda HR-V on a snowy 4-lane highway today. The outside lane in each direction was clear where tires run, but that's it. I was driving the 55 MPH speed limit, but only because I was being tailgated. People in regular sedans were blowing by me in the snow-covered left lane. What ever happened to driving under the speed limit in inclement weather?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmao. Was thinking the same thing today. Seen some dumb dumb in a Lux trying to be billy badass. Almost smoked a curb and a tree. Idiot tried getting on the brakes on a 90 bend corner. Just watched the front tires push snow sideways. Then almost curbed it another 3 times after that.

On a side note the new oem wranglers on the burban z71 are pretty damn good in the white stuff. The trail runner at’s. Was impressed with them today. Good grab on ice and they stop too.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I grew up learning to drive in the snow and ice in a 1970 Dodge Dart with no traction control and shitty tires. You learn a lot that way.
Especially in a large, open, snow covered parking lot.....

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sort of on topic… look closely
Oh well, Facebook link ain’t working… Twas 2 mountain bikes being ripped off the top of a car by a drooping power line when hit by a truck… a Sasquatch can be seen off to the right…. Haha

Last edited:

Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect a few here would really hate riding with me. 😆
I've always had a love affair with speed and danger.
I usually keep it under control. But right on the edge. A little slide or wiggle is what puts a smile on my face.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an idiot come around a corner to fast in fresh snow. Somehow I avoided him but ended up in ditch sitting on my frame rails. No wheel contact, no movement. He slid off the road too about 200 yards down. He had shovel furiously trying to dig himself out. Had someone stop and pulled me. Don't have a winch on it yet but still carry soft shackles and a recovery rope, came in handy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suspect a few here would really hate riding with me. 😆
I've always had a love affair with speed and danger.
I usually keep it under control. But right on the edge. A little slide or wiggle is what puts a smile on my face.
Yeah you should do that off road/ seek help.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm borderline old........What's new?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah you should do that off road/ seek help.
Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups bud.
We have 800 acres to play on. It's been mentioned in other threads. At no point did I say anything about driving on public roads.
Sponsored