Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the more i see the braptor put to the test the more i just love it.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That climb on "you gotta be nuts" was pretty impressive. Everything at Sand Hollow looks steeper and bigger in person. That hill aint no joke. watch videos of other trucks trying it and you will see how impressive that was.

Ive done 2 trails there, Plan B and Double Sammy in my Basesquatch on 37s. I Wouldnt try the Maze in mine. Fun Place

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the LiteBrite folks, but something bothers me when Iโ€™m watching their new videos.
  • they spoke highly of the badlands at first
  • they hated it eventually for reasons that still exist on the braptor (electronic 4wd engagement they wouldnt trust, ifs, etc)
  • they seem to like the raptor
shouldnt their old badlands with some upgrades (suspension, steering, tires) perform nearly identically in these rock crawling scenarios?

strange to me that they can hate the BL but speak highly of the BR. I canโ€™t help but think their opinion will change when they get through the honeymoon. kinda just feels like a grab to get back some of the bronco viewers

huskerhiker

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the LiteBrite folks, but something bothers me when Iโ€™m watching their new videos.
  • they hated it eventually for reasons that still exist on the braptor (electronic 4wd engagement they wouldnt trust, ifs, etc)
shouldnt their old badlands with some upgrades (suspension, steering, tires) perform nearly identically in these rock crawling scenarios?

strange to me that they can hate the BL but speak highly of the BR. I canโ€™t help but think their opinion will change when they get through the honeymoon. kinda just feels like a grab to get back some of the bronco viewers
This doesn't sound like something that youtubers would do. :) I'm with you.

DennerJohn

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Well said! Had same thoughts.

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IIRC, it wasn't the IFS in general, but the weak steering rack and tie-rods that they were worried about. The Braptor has beefier steering than the BL (and the HOSS 3.0). It also fits 37s without any lift so they didn't have to worry about affecting angle of TRE or CVs.

They also complained about the interior finishes and squeaks and rattles. The squeaks will show up eventually but the interior is nicer.

I don't disagree they will get bored of it eventually, unless they do high-speed desert racing, where the Braptor will perform better than their Jeeps and buggy.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That was a pretty cool video. I was definitely holding my breath a few times. They have more courage than me. Well, maybe more money.

Sponsored

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the video where they first got the raptor Kevin explains what he liked about the raptor over the badlands. I think at one point he mentioned something along the lines that it was just going to be cheaper to buy a raptor than fully upgrade the badlands just to get to a raptor level.

But itโ€™ll be interesting to see in the long term how they like the Braptor. Content wise I think it would be good for them to keep it so they can keep doing comparisons between a wrangler and a bronco even though they are two different vehicles.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder what it would take to cram that 392 in a raptor.....everyone keeps trying to fit a coyote....maybe that's the wrong engine..... :unsure:

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
no one has been able to get the coyote to work except ford. It will not be easy to get the 392 to work and what trans would you use?

I wonder what it would take to cram that 392 in a raptor.....everyone keeps trying to fit a coyote....maybe that's the wrong engine..... :unsure:
Sponsored