Sponsored

Factory bumper with a winch or something different???

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just curious what you all are thinking... I am leaning towards custom as I want to mount some lights and an upright winch...
I would like to see a front bumper with the receiver trailer hitch and a lot of LED lights. I don't see the need to carry around the winch 24/7 (for weight and UV wear on the rope) and then I could the hitch mounted winch on the front or rear, depending on how much trouble I get myself into....
Sponsored

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious what you all are thinking... I am leaning towards custom as I want to mount some lights and an upright winch...
I built one with a winch.

3435E844-A8D7-4CD8-ADED-3BAF0BCC430F.jpeg

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really hoping that aftermarket come out with some off road bumpers in the next year! If we can get as much aftermarket support as Jeep we will see plenty of winch bumpers to chose from

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would like to see a front bumper with the receiver trailer hitch and a lot of LED lights. I don't see the need to carry around the winch 24/7 (for weight and UV wear on the rope) and then I could the hitch mounted winch on the front or rear, depending on how much trouble I get myself into....
I have the same on my XJ.. hitch on the front and the back. and I have a winch, bike rack, and extra carrier extension all for it that I can mix and match 2 of the 3 as needed. I may go with the factory modular bumper, but if one comes out with a hitch... I may switch.

What I'd love is to have both in the front.. a built in winch and still have the hitch but probably asking for too much.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am really hoping that aftermarket come out with some off road bumpers in the next year! If we can get as much aftermarket support as Jeep we will see plenty of winch bumpers to chose from
After seeing just the few things Ford put out on those two intro accessory videos........I'm sure they'll be an equivalent amount of god-knows-what to sell you for this thing.

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From the pictures at the NYSE today, it looks like the Ford Warn option just mounts 'into' the standard Bronco steel bumper? This is not the same bumper on the First Edition?

2021-Bronco-NYSE-6.jpg

2021-Bronco-NYSE-7.jpg

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the pictures at the NYSE today, it looks like the Ford Warn option just mounts 'into' the standard Bronco steel bumper? This is not the same bumper on the First Edition?

Ford Bronco Factory bumper with a winch or something different??? 2021-Bronco-NYSE-7

Ford Bronco Factory bumper with a winch or something different??? 2021-Bronco-NYSE-7
Not a fan of that at all. It completely kills your approach angle, and looks like an afterthought designed by a person that has never used one in the real world.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven't seen any I like yet so I'll build my own or see what the aftermarket releases. I want it to sit up high such that it overlaps the lower grill a few inches. The grill not being straight across at the bottom bothers me for some reason. The fact that it doesn't say F-O-R-D is also annoying ;)

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a front hitch, so I can easily utilize my winch on the front and back of the Bronco, as well as share it with my Armada and my toy carrier.

Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think we could steal a bumper off a Rubicon? It's clean, it has fog lights, it has tow hooks and it hides the damn winch...Seriously how hard is it to design a bumper?

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There will be a load of AM bumper options for sure

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb Question, anybody know where the front license plate goes lol