First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 22 2 door with MIC 2.0. I picked my Bronco up in April and my dealer is an hour away. I got a ride out to pick it up and was praying my top would not have the leaks or wind noise as I test drove one with a soft top and one with a hard top both had minimal road noise but no wind noise so I was hoping for the best. I was not expecting this roof to be like my Land Rovers with fixed roof but I would assume it will be better than my 96 Jeep Wrangler! Well I took off from the dealer and it sounded pretty good for the first 15 minutes until I got on the highways then the wind noise was unacceptable, road noise I can live with but this is like a window is cracked open all the time over 45 mph. ☹

The next day I figured I would take a look at it as I was a automotive tech for almost 30 years. Found huge gaps in the gaskets between the front roof panels and the rear roof... basically I could shine light right through it. The I noticed the drivers rear quarter panel was formed incorrectly! At this point all I could think about is did I make a mistake.

My dealer Portsmouth Ford it Portsmouth NH has been nothing but exceptional to deal with. The immediately had me bring it back in and gave me a rental. The successfully repaired the quarter panel so I could not notice anything and attempted to fix the wind noise by replacing the roof gasket just above the windshield. Wind noise still unacceptable and dealer agreed but at the time there was no other TSBs from Ford.

Second visit to fix wind noise and also a massive water leak (coming from the roof gasket that was previously replace) after a rain storm. This visit was also not successful. Dealer agreed and ordered the front roof panel gaskets and I will need to bring back again. Remember this is an hour each way for me.

Third visit they replaced the front roof panel gaskets that had the gaps in them, did the windshield adhesion recall, mirror cap wind noise TSB and again not successful.

Dealer suggested to call Ford to start some communication which I did when I got home the following day and Ford told me they could not start a case unless the Bronco was at the dealer 🤬.

There is not one thing I do not like about this vehicle except this wind noise!

I hope Ford Motor Company sees this and can give me some suggestions on what to do next.
Sponsored

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership is now gaslighting me and telling me nothing is wrong.
Looking at the top tonoght it looks like the top isnt sitting quite flat on mine. Hopefully taking it off amd on will straighten it out.

BuildMe22

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 OBX 2.7 Squatch Carb Grey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
Absolutely. Thank you so much for your attention. Part of the reason why this is such a great community.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I started another Thread with my experience with wind noise. Wind Noise

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2022 OBX, 4dr, with a MIC top. I have severe wind noise but no leaks. I recently noticed, with the rear roof panel removed, that the plastic molding at the C pillar were different. I discovered that the left side had a molded piece that wasn’t there on the right side. It seems to fill a void between the C pillar and the roof panel. There are three screws on the C pillar that hold it in place. This part is called the C pillar inner molding. There is a left hand and right hand version. The three screws are used whether the part is present or missing. I have had the dealership order the right hand part for me. Unsure at this time whether it will have a positive impact on reducing noise. Photos attached. First photo is with the inner molding present, second photo it is missing and third is of the part removed laying on a cloth.
Part numbers are left hand: M2DZ-78255A35-BA
Right hand M2DZ-78255A34-BA
Cost about $30

D0A607DD-96C0-4515-A0EF-B8DA1A27903E.jpeg

0C595BCD-7D87-4E78-A7DA-CEE8D9772382.jpeg

13921FBE-E85B-4027-865F-54DC8FD1E4FC.jpeg

Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wind noise gets loud (bothersome to me) at 65mph+.

BigOleBuck

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Absolutely excessive wind noise. Sounds like my passenger side rear window is open every time im at highway speeds. At first we thought it was from the door weather stripping being loose. replaced that and no change. did a ride along with service this week and truck will be going in next week for repair (again) and also have the tailgate rattle that they will be looking into (again)
did you end up getting the noise fixed? My dealer is telling me that Ford said there's no fix for this and this is "as-designed." I'm not buying it. For a vehicle made in 2022 that costs 45k there's no excuse. Jeep doesn't have this problem and neither did vehicles from way back when

tambrico

Badlands
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you end up getting the noise fixed? My dealer is telling me that Ford said there's no fix for this and this is "as-designed." I'm not buying it. For a vehicle made in 2022 that costs 45k there's no excuse. Jeep doesn't have this problem and neither did vehicles from way back when
I was told "it's normal because it has a removable roof"

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2022 OBX, 4dr, with a MIC top. I have severe wind noise but no leaks. I recently noticed, with the rear roof panel removed, that the plastic molding at the C pillar were different. I discovered that the left side had a molded piece that wasn’t there on the right side. It seems to fill a void between the C pillar and the roof panel. There are three screws on the C pillar that hold it in place. This part is called the C pillar inner molding. There is a left hand and right hand version. The three screws are used whether the part is present or missing. I have had the dealership order the right hand part for me. Unsure at this time whether it will have a positive impact on reducing noise. Photos attached. First photo is with the inner molding present, second photo it is missing and third is of the part removed laying on a cloth.
Part numbers are left hand: M2DZ-78255A35-BA
Right hand M2DZ-78255A34-BA
Cost about $30

Ford Bronco MIC 2.0 Wind Noise / Leak Poll 13921FBE-E85B-4027-865F-54DC8FD1E4FC

Did this help with your wind noise?

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2021 WT 20k

Leak at front seam. Took it in and they "fixed" it.............now I have a leak at the front seam and wind noise at rear seam and rear driver seam. So, as you can tell, it is NOT fixed. Quite the opposite. Rig is back at the dealer, (thanks to all my free time I have to deal with this), now they are calling to remove the rear panel. I was like NO, No NO NO no and NO. I don't need anymore "help"--- the leaks are not there and I don't want new leaks.

Put a new rubber seal in, test the damn thing for water leaks, call me and say it isn't leaking and then I will go pick the car up.

The only thing that has seemed to fix the whistle, wind noise and the leak to a degree is black duct tape.

Freaking annoyed.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2021 WT 20k

Leak at front seam. Took it in and they "fixed" it.............now I have a leak at the front seam and wind noise at rear seam and rear driver seam. So, as you can tell, it is NOT fixed. Quite the opposite. Rig is back at the dealer, (thanks to all my free time I have to deal with this), now they are calling to remove the rear panel. I was like NO, No NO NO no and NO. I don't need anymore "help"--- the leaks are not there and I don't want new leaks.

Put a new rubber seal in, test the damn thing for water leaks, call me and say it isn't leaking and then I will go pick the car up.

The only thing that has seemed to fix the whistle, wind noise and the leak to a degree is black duct tape.

Freaking annoyed.
Good morning! This certainly doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I can look into things on my end.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have the normal noise that comes with a removable top. No leaks, but in a high cross-wind i do get some leak/whistle through the window not the top (2-door).

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good morning! This certainly doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. If you can send over a private message with your VIN and dealership info, I can look into things on my end.
I called Ford started a case, dropped my bronco off for another week and dealer says they all do it and Ford does not have a fix. Only issue Is have driven others without the wind noise. I even fixed mine with tape around the windows and roof seals. Apparently a 1/4" gap in roof seals seems normal to my dealer :mad: waited 2 years and 50k for this and my 96 Wrangler has less wind noise.
Sponsored