Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the rumors are true, and it's made in China, it's it the quality that people are worried about? Or the fact it just isn't built in the USA? Or maybe both?
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This and driving home yesterday in stop and go traffic... Makes me sad....

Deleted member 12854

If the rumors are true, and it's made in China, it's it the quality that people are worried about? Or the fact it just isn't built in the USA? Or maybe both?
You can do some quick research online and learn China has whole abandoned cities due to to new buildings crumbling. Some countries have banned China made steel because it is trash. China makes trash, they have no building code, integrity or accountability.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can do some quick research online and learn China has whole abandoned cities due to to new buildings crumbling. Some countries have banned China made steel because it is trash. China makes trash, they have no building code, integrity or accountability.
Ok....but again...does anyone have any documented/facts on where these transmissions will be manufactured or are comments and reactions just based on rumors? I'm concerned and curious because I intend to go with the manual but unless and until I see something definitive I'm figuring that will be an ok decision.

Sponsored

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Deleted member 12854

Thanks. This is the closest thing I've seen to confirmation.
go to their website and see for yourself.
https://www.magna.com/company/company-information/magna-groups/magna-powertrain/facts-figures

magna = getrag

unless you're gonna personally watch the transmission being built, shipped, installed into the bronco you're gonna buy...i dunno how else you're going to "fact check" it.

There's a really good chance you're gonna get a transmission made in china. Personally, there's no way in hell i would take that chance

OP
OP
Broncode

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a proven fact (statistically proven), that Chinese made products are inferior to any other countries. The quality standards are just different and less strict. It’s all about quantity more than quality with Chinese-made products. USA, Japan, and German manufacturing focuses more on quality over quantity.

With that said, an item like a transmission (a crucial component in a vehicle) should be engineered and built in a high quality plant typically synonymous with the following three countries; USA, Japan, Germany.

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is a proven fact (statistically proven), that Chinese made products are inferior to any other countries. The quality standards are just different and less strict. It’s all about quantity more than quality with Chinese-made products. USA, Japan, and German manufacturing focuses more on quality over quantity.

With that said, an item like a transmission (a crucial component in a vehicle) should be engineered and built in a high quality plant typically synonymous with the following three countries; USA, Japan, Germany.
I agree. I will scratch the manual off my list, I am not going to take that chance of made in China.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncode

Broncode

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am surprised they didn’t work with NV, Tremec, or any US transmission maker. not only higher quality products, but put some of our fellow Americans back to work.

This will be the edge the Wrangler will have on the Bronco I think.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kinda blows my mind that Ford would go through the same factory and design team for this transmission after the MT-82 issues were already known. The thing had issues for 8 years, and they revised the design (which didn't completely fix it), before they started work on this one.

Definitely gives me pause.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made in China doesn't specifically bug me. Global production is going to be even more global in the coming decades.

We're going to be having majority made Indian and African made tech parts and manufacturing relatively soon.

However, what does bug me is that there were in fact issues with the previously made manual by the same company. Granted all transmissions from any company could have issues. And I've had issues on every car made in Ohio, to the UK, Germany, to Japan, etc.

But it only bugs me a little. Most of the transmissions, per the Mustang forums, we're fine, or needed to use a different trans oil to get right.

--------

Oh, now that I think of it, I'm more worried in general that this is a new generation, semi-from the ground up vehicle. And first year cars can have the most issues by default.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Four points on all of this;

1: The Getrag design is fantastic.

2: The Chinese still can't get mass produced concrete right after 2,000 years because of an ingrained cultural disbelief in unsupervised QC.
Because of this disbelief in QC through personal honor alone, they are still forced to buy all of their turbine engines from other nations.
They've acquired or stolen all of the technology, but they can't get the 10,000 parts to hold together for even a 1/4 of the time Russian engines do.
So the Chinese buy from the West for civilian turbines, and Russia for military ones.

Having the anyone with these kinds of attitudes make a transmission for export is just begging for trouble.

3: Ford got that trouble in the form of a class action lawsuit from Mustang owners.
Yet FoMoCo still went back to the Chinese vomit bowl for another helping.

4: Either Ford is getting these transmissions for 10 cents on the dollar, or the Middle Kingdom is flying in free hookers and blow every week to Ford executives.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My MT-82 has been fine in my stang for over 10 years and 120k miles.

I’m not getting a manual on the bronco but I’d be fine with the getrag if I was
Sponsored