First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife and I made our Badlands reservation on April 1st 2020. After 2 years of waiting we went into the dealer to vent and figure out what in the world was going on. After a few minutes of bullshitting the dealer offers us the option to upgrade to the Raptor at MSRP. On top of that the dealer said we would get a build date within a month or less. This was on 11/11/22. We ended up going for the deal, and sure as shit we got a VIN + build date from Ford on 11/16/22 for 12/09/22. This made of super happy and all seemed to finally be on track. Our build date has now been changed 6 times. The latest change was today. Ford is now saying our build will start on 02/20/23. FML!!!

The dealer is telling me that none of the options we selected are holding our build back. Is anyone else here running into every-changing build dates? I've seen a few threads about this happening with the delivery date, but not this crazy around the production date.

I'm not sure if anything at all can be done. I just needed to vent my frustration. If anyone else is in my boat I feel your pain. This sucks!
How did you make a reservation almost 4 months before Ford opened up reservations? Or is the April 1st date a clue here?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MrPink

MrPink

Black Diamond
First Name
Pink
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bike
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did you make a reservation almost 4 months before Ford opened up reservations? Or is the April 1st date a clue here?
Supposedly, the dealer we are working with was allocated 10 Raptor reservations. I think these were some of what they were calling golden tickets. They were being offered to people that had higher trim level reservations is what we were told.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I made our Badlands reservation on April 1st 2020.
Just PSA before the masses tackle you.... the 6th generation Bronco wasn't even officially announced until early July 2020, with reservations opening July 13th, 2020.

So you're probably off by a year... unless you have clairvoyance abilities. In which case, you should have expected this wait. Also... Powerball numbers please.

OP
OP
MrPink

MrPink

Black Diamond
First Name
Pink
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bike
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just PSA before the masses tackle you.... the 6th generation Bronco wasn't even officially announced until early July 2020, with reservations opening July 13th, 2020.

So you're probably off by a year... unless you have clairvoyance abilities. In which case, you should have expected this wait. Also... Powerball numbers please.
You're right. My bad on that. April 1st 2021. Just looked in my inbox. Don't know why 2020 was stuck in my head.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most all dealers around me have all the other trim levels on their lots for sale, and at good prices. If my order was still for the Badlands it would have been canceled. A few dealers also have Raptors, but all well overpriced. The only Bronco no dealer has here is the Heritage.
any 2 doors at or below MSRP? I'll make the trip and cancel my unscheduled order for the right build and color...

Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So you lucked out at having a dealer with 10 braptors allocated. My dealer only has 2 allocations and I'm first in line with nada nada poo poo from Ford and my original reservation was Aug 20. No sympathy here. At the time I, like a lot of people assumed Ford would prioritize based at least to a greater extent on the original reservation dates but it appears the bigger dealers get most allocations and the smaller dealers are basically ignored.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not going the way the OP thought it would. Maybe start by doing the math over and correcting the title of the thread. And then hope that as a future Braptor you get some sympathy. But don't hold your breath.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I will add that it's not just build dates getting rescheduled, it's waiting for weeks to see if it's even built and then after that the estimated delivery dates for shipping it coming and going 6 or more times. Just go read through ANY of the build week threads in the past 2 months. We're mostly all in the same boat. Mine has been built since Dec 12th and still shows it hasn't event left MAP.
My shipping moved 6 times and it took Ford 12 weeks to move a car 500 miles….

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I say BITCH some more and maybe in 1 year get upgraded to Braptor R

:)

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I want a Raptor.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Supposedly, the dealer we are working with was allocated 10 Raptor reservations. I think these were some of what they were calling golden tickets. They were being offered to people that had higher trim level reservations is what we were told.
You're right. My bad on that. April 1st 2021. Just looked in my inbox. Don't know why 2020 was stuck in my head.
Golden tickets were only given out to early reservation holders, of which you were not.

Myself, as a day 1 rez was told by ford I was not worthy to be allowed to give them money for a raptor. It sounds like you are dealing with a high-volume dealer with allocations and stretches the truth a wee bit. I'd say don't look a gift horse in the mouth and go with it; be happy when it shows up. You won in life, for once, take it when you can get it.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife and I made our Badlands reservation on April 1st 2020. After 2 years of waiting we went into the dealer to vent and figure out what in the world was going on.

Did your dealership really have you come in on April 1st 2020 (April fool's day) almost 4 months prior to the rest of us being able to and you actually made a successful reservation? Just asking, just curious.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eh I think the first one to get a build date changed like 15 times. Just stop checking and it won't move.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love this post.

Go lookup Dirt, Mud, Snow, Mud again, Dirt again, Snow again? Mountain and see how long deliveries can really go.
Sponsored