David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Will be running the Stock OBX Wheels 18X7.5 - 55mm rims and BF Goodrich KO LT275/70R18 tires.
Plan to replace after I wear out the tires with OEM Badlands bead lock capable 17X8 - 55mm rims and BF Goodrich KO's about 34.5" tall. I want to stay with the stock colored flares and no poke.
Weather permitting and if coilovers are delivered on-time, will install coilovers on Jan. 19 and take to alignment shop the next day.
Sponsored

OJzBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX, Platinum Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds good. I’m running BFG KO2 275/70/18 so can’t wait to see it.

WhatsThisDo

Big Bend
First Name
J.C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These look awesome. Any idea if you get a wheel alignment, after installation, with the stock wheels and then later add different wheels and tires (different wheel and 35s as an example), will you need an additional alignment or will the original alignment on the previous wheels and tires be okay?

TJinAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

will you please post some pics. I want to see what it looks like with the body painted fender flairs. I’m considering the same setup. Alsowhat wheels and tires do you have?
Here's some pics of my rig on the rack with this set up and stock obx flares. I'm coming from the 4wp 2.5"f/2"r spacer lift. Baby 35's ko2's

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

694729106.jpg

Sponsored

TJinAZ

Outer Banks
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That looks great!
I like it but if I did it over I'd probably add .5" shim up front to level. I usually have a myriad of camping/MTB/backpacking gear in the back so won't be quite as pronounced.

Love the performance when compared to the hitachis though; body roll and brake dive are all but eliminated and I appreciate it the stiffness, seems more controlled when hitting the heavier stuff. Taking off road next week and can report back

TallDude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With these are we okay staying with stock UCA & Track bar? Alignment after install was in required factory specs?

BlackBeauty

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
After 9+ mos of waiting on Ford, I finally was able to purchase and install the new Ford Performance Shocks for non-SAS Broncos. The shocks are marketed as "...uniquely tuned and tested by Ford Performance Engineering to optimize ride and performance both Off- and On-Road" as well as "Approximately 2" of lift results in optimal ground clearance and approach/departure angles", and finally "Direct bolt-in replacement suspension package, improving both ride quality and stance of vehicle." The 2" of lift is right about where I wanted to get to as a non-SAS OBX model.

Even though they're bolt-on replacements, as a result of the 3 yr/36k warranty if installed by an ASE technician I took them to a local overlanding garage who did the install. Unfortunately I didn't take specific measurements on ground clearance before the install but the technician stated he measured 2". I think it's apparent from the pictures that is probably accurate, but I can take some after measurements if someone can provide a non-SAS OBX with stock Badlands wheels/tires starting measurements to compare with. Here is a before/after (the photo dimensions aren't perfect), but it should illustrate the difference in height and stance.

Bronco_Before-After.jpg

Takeaways after 4-5 days of driving:

• Very happy with the on-road ride quality up to this point. The shocks seemed a little stiff straight out of the garage parking lot but I think they've broken-in quickly. My understanding based on the forum is OBX had the "softest" suspension of all the models so I don't necessarily think these new Ford Performance shocks are softer but they do seem to handle bumps more confidently with the huge 2.65" mono-tube.
  • Love the amount of lift and the improved stance. Seems like it's lost the stock rake but I need to get under there and measure more specifically. I think the stock Badland 17s/33s now seem a little small for the lift and 35s will be in order when I replace the tires (which I should be able to support with 4.27 gearing), but I think the look is somewhat exaggerated because I am running the Ford after-market steel fenders that don't have any lip on them so there's more visibility into the wheel-well. I'll switch back to the painted fenders in the Spring.
  • I haven't been able to take it off-road but I'm confident they're going to be noticeably superior to the stock OBX along with the improved clearance/angles.
I do think the information online for these shocks is lacking at this point - I'd love to understand more in terms of how much travel these have, etc. but all we seem to have is the Ford Performance marketing website info. I was going to call the Ford Performance line and ask for more details but haven't been able to yet. If anyone has more technical details they can share I'd love to see them.

If there are additional pictures or measurements anyone would like to me to provide just let me know. I'm travelling for work over the next few days but I'm sure by the weekend I could provide some updates.

Bronco7.jpg

Shocks.jpg
After 9+ mos of waiting on Ford, I finally was able to purchase and install the new Ford Performance Shocks for non-SAS Broncos. The shocks are marketed as "...uniquely tuned and tested by Ford Performance Engineering to optimize ride and performance both Off- and On-Road" as well as "Approximately 2" of lift results in optimal ground clearance and approach/departure angles", and finally "Direct bolt-in replacement suspension package, improving both ride quality and stance of vehicle." The 2" of lift is right about where I wanted to get to as a non-SAS OBX model.

Even though they're bolt-on replacements, as a result of the 3 yr/36k warranty if installed by an ASE technician I took them to a local overlanding garage who did the install. Unfortunately I didn't take specific measurements on ground clearance before the install but the technician stated he measured 2". I think it's apparent from the pictures that is probably accurate, but I can take some after measurements if someone can provide a non-SAS OBX with stock Badlands wheels/tires starting measurements to compare with. Here is a before/after (the photo dimensions aren't perfect), but it should illustrate the difference in height and stance.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos 694729106

Takeaways after 4-5 days of driving:

• Very happy with the on-road ride quality up to this point. The shocks seemed a little stiff straight out of the garage parking lot but I think they've broken-in quickly. My understanding based on the forum is OBX had the "softest" suspension of all the models so I don't necessarily think these new Ford Performance shocks are softer but they do seem to handle bumps more confidently with the huge 2.65" mono-tube.
  • Love the amount of lift and the improved stance. Seems like it's lost the stock rake but I need to get under there and measure more specifically. I think the stock Badland 17s/33s now seem a little small for the lift and 35s will be in order when I replace the tires (which I should be able to support with 4.27 gearing), but I think the look is somewhat exaggerated because I am running the Ford after-market steel fenders that don't have any lip on them so there's more visibility into the wheel-well. I'll switch back to the painted fenders in the Spring.
  • I haven't been able to take it off-road but I'm confident they're going to be noticeably superior to the stock OBX along with the improved clearance/angles.
I do think the information online for these shocks is lacking at this point - I'd love to understand more in terms of how much travel these have, etc. but all we seem to have is the Ford Performance marketing website info. I was going to call the Ford Performance line and ask for more details but haven't been able to yet. If anyone has more technical details they can share I'd love to see them.

If there are additional pictures or measurements anyone would like to me to provide just let me know. I'm travelling for work over the next few days but I'm sure by the weekend I could provide some updates.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos 694729106

Hello from NYC!
I have the Ford Performance 2” lift and am looking at where to install.
i am being told 10-13 hours by 4WP and the dealership.
Please let me know how you were able to install for $500?
Thank you
owner of ’21 Base 2dr Manual

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello from NYC!
Thank you
I would keep looking around. That sounds like a really long time for swapping out coil overs for a shop with all the tools

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds good. I’m running BFG KO2 275/70/18 so can’t wait to see it.
Updated 1/23/23
Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed
First impressions, much smoother ride, and the wife agrees.
Still looks like a bit of a rake but running boards are level.
The body line and center of wheels to fender flares show a 1" rake. Which is good for mileage suppose.
Adjusted headlamps which took exactly 1 full turn down.
Adjusted cruise radar by leveling it, which took several turns moving it down telling me i have less rake than I did before.
I'm am really happy with these coilovers.
Did the install myself as I have the experience, all though it was a rough time as the first top coilover stud I started to tighten started spinning. Bummer. Replaced the stud and used the original nuts instead and none of the other top studs spun.
My alignment technician had it aligned in less then 30 minutes for 80 bucks. He said I did not need to install an adjustable track bar as the Thrust Angle was only off by -0.08 degrees.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos 1674262811744

Last edited:

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First impressions, much smoother ride, can't wait to get the wife's opinion on this.
The body line and center of wheels to fender flares show a 1" rake. Which is good for mileage suppose.
I'm happy with these coilovers.
Did the install myself as I have the experience, all though it was a rough time as the first top coilover stud I started to tighten started spinning. Bummer. Replaced the stud and used the original nuts instead and none of the other top studs spun.
My alignment technician had it aligned in less then 30 minutes for 80 bucks. He said I did not need to install an adjustable track bar as the Thrust Angle was only off by -0.08 degrees.

Ford Bronco Ford Performance 2" Lift Kit Coilovers for non-SAS Bronco Installed! - Impressions, Review, Photos 1674262811744
Looks great!

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello from NYC!
Thank you

I just got a quote back from my local dealer for 2899 installed so $799 for labor and warrantied.

I'm considering it for dropping Sas. Dollars come out to a wash with wheels and tires but lose axle and front locker.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got a quote back from my local dealer for 2899 installed so $799 for labor and warrantied.

I'm considering it for dropping Sas. Dollars come out to a wash with wheels and tires but lose axle and front locker.
Might as well get the parts yourself through Ruxer. Phil has a post in the sponsor's marketplace under the Suspension sub-forum where he was estimating the cost at $1700. Take those parts and then you just have to pay for labor install.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Updated 1/23/23
First impressions, much smoother ride, and the wife agrees.
Adjusted headlamps which took exactly 1 full turn down.
Adjusted cruise radar by leveling it, which took several turns moving it down telling me i have less rake than I did before.
I'm am really happy with these coilovers.

That looks great! What size tires are those? I keep waffling on whether the 2" lift will look good while staying with my Badlands takeoff 33s since they aren't true 33s and could look a lil small if I go with much of a lift... but I really like the idea of these.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thinking about adding this kit to my non sas BD 2dr. I know it will look a little off with the factory 31” tires but will give me the room to upgrade later. Any reports on how the preform off road?
Sponsored