Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m sure that my Basetrak 2.7 plus $10k in RGB underlighting, angry eyes, hood-mounted hi lift jacks, American Force Rimz, and a gold wrap will be way cooler than this ;)

(in all seriousness looks cool but I don’t see anything too crazy that I couldn’t add down the line)
This. It seems a lot more people are out to Buy it as is no matter the cost than put time and work into making it yours. I'm sure Icon or Fox will put out arms and coilovers to turn a regular bronco into a raptor competitor. 2.7 tuned wouldn't be that far off from a 3.0 either. I'm afraid it may turn out like this meme.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599666920498
Sponsored

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Originally I would say this was a braptor, but I'm having second thoughts. The grille looks stock (not like a signature raptor), and the timing seems off tbh. They haven't even released the first ones, no way in hell they want people to hold off from buying one of their own cars to wait for another... but if that one has cooled seats I'm gonna be pissed ? haha! Truth is the only thing I really want to know is motor options.

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
This. It seems a lot more people are out to Buy it as is no matter the cost than put time and work into making it yours. I'm sure Icon or Fox will put out arms and coilovers to turn a regular bronco into a raptor competitor. 2.7 tuned wouldn't be that far off from a 3.0 either. I'm afraid it may turn out like this meme.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599666920498
I see the Bronco being a lot like the Jeep in that there isn’t really a huge reason to upgrade for a long time. If you had a 2013 JK wrangler there was zero reason to upgrade until the JL. Hell even my 2010 is 90% the same as a 2018 JK besides the engine and interior. And all the suspension upgrades worked from 2007-2017/18 just the same. I don’t see ford offering anything from the factory that won’t be available in the aftermarket for a reasonable amount, EXCEPT for powertrain. But to me the 2.7 and 3.0 are close enough to not make a difference. (Also I’d bet the 2.7 will be more reliable long term)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yeah that suspension is on a new level

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seeing this just made me wonder what ever happened with this guy?
I’ve hinted at this. Let’s just say that the Ford performance teams who work on Bronco and Raptor work closely together ;)

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The cyber yellow bronco with the lift and 37" tires has this same suspension and rear axle/diff etc. There are pics out there. Just saying....

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ask yourself this question .. is there a difference between the Raptor and the F150?

Most don't even know that the Raptor is based on the F150.

Part of me says give up the FE and wait for the warthog. Then I remember the short supply and crazy ADM of the raptor.....I will never pay a premium, the sticker price is high enough. I'll keep the FE. (unless they force navy puke on it!)

Im also not convinced this isnt a performace package for Bronco, I dont see anything that defines it in these photos, like the 6" wider track on the Raptor.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I posted this in another thread:

The F150 Raptor has been very successful and the same formula will be applied to the Bronco variant. The Raptor Bronco has to distinguish itself from the Bronco:

1 - A Ford performance product
2 - Unique front grill, headlights (with amber LEDs) and a unique front and rear bumper
3 - Different exhaust type and outlet
4 - Live Fox shock all around. Most likely 2.5" and not 3.0" as the Raptor has 3.0"
5 - More suspension travel
6 - 35" wheels/tires standard. Smaller wheel/tires will not be offered.
7 - Wider via bigger fenders front and rear. The Gen1 Raptor was 7" wider then the F150 and the Gen2 Raptor is 6" wider then the F150. I think it will not be too wide as it still has to go down the trail. Raptors are not good trail rigs as it is too wide.
8 - Magnesium Shift Paddles
9 - As reported, bigger engine with the 3.0TT. It is interesting as the Gen3 Raptor has been reported with 2 engine choices (v8 supercharged and 3.0TT with an EV). I was hoping the 3.0TT with EV in the Raptor Bronco BUT I doubt Ford will give the Raptor Bronco the EV part. I suspect the 3.0TT will put out 410HP and 470 foot/pounds of Torque

That's my take
:)

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats got some beefcake trailing arms and better mounts for em. The whole rear axle looks way better. The front is hard to tell, but judging from the body roll its meant to take serious bumps. Beautiful.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get it, a Raptor Bronco would be cool but what is its purpose and where does it fit? Price wise it has to be more than FE so we are at $65k-$70kish for base. Rock crawling and tight trails benefit from the smaller stance and ground clearance. This thing is getting on the large side of that. So lets say its more set up for overlanding like the Wildtrak. If so, the price is up to a decent Raptor and since size matters less for overlanding why would you give up the room in cab of the Raptor plus the bed and decent towing capabilities for the same money? Not saying it wont be cool but Where is its niche spot and whats the point?
It will make them look cool driving to the mall.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats got some beefcake trailing arms and better mounts for em. The whole rear axle looks way better. The front is hard to tell, but judging from the body roll its meant to take serious bumps. Beautiful.
What pics are you looking at? It's the same rear axle and the arms look flimsy as **** and ready to collect rocks and mud like a mofo.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, I'll bite. Why?
A lot of the same tech that goes into the powerstroke went into the 2.7. There’s already one on the F-150 forums with over 400k miles too. I’m sure the 3.0 would be fine but the 2.7 has been a very solid engine so far for Ford.