Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@irv0735 Thanks again for all the awesome pics and info.

This is kinda dumb, but necessary, and I don't see a better opportunity to get an answer...

Can you get someone to confirm what trims and tire combinations will actually allow for snow chains?

It's not a big issue, as most everyone with experience seems confident the Bronco will handle snow with no problem if it's got the proper tires, but there are circumstances when chains are required. I'm hoping to use the Bronco to take my family up to Tahoe in the winter, and highway patrol will flat out turn you around if you try and go up there without chains at certain times of the year.

Since this is the only time we've seen it in the snow...

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is kinda dumb, but necessary, and I don't see a better opportunity to get an answer...

Can you get someone to confirm what trims and tire combinations will actually allow for snow chains?

It's not a big issue, as most everyone with experience seems confident the Bronco will handle snow with no problem if it's got the proper tires, but there are circumstances when chains are required. I'm hoping to use the Bronco to take my family up to Tahoe in the winter, and highway patrol will flat out turn you around if you try and go up there without chains at certain times of the year.

I live in Reno and ski a lot....I have never been turned around as long as I have good tires and 4wd....I haven't owned chains in twenty years. ( probably should for some situations, guess I just haven found the situation yet. ) : )

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have we determined yet whether this is the only Bronco that's going to be there? (I know a Sport is also there).
yeah just one Bronco so far

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know what requirements are for tire chains...
But here are the tire specs as I’ve seen them.
Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 899E0FE3-78CC-43F0-B8FB-79E4ADD31A85

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah just one Bronco so far
Still debating making the drive but if that's truly going to be the only one, I don't think it's worth it.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in Reno and ski a lot....I have never been turned around as long as I have good tires and 4wd....I haven't owned chains in twenty years. ( probably should for some situations, guess I just haven found the situation yet. ) : )
Have you tried to head up from the CA side? As you might imagine, things are a little different here. I haven't tried to go up in the winter with our current vehicles, but I have known people that have been turned around. We also get lots of warnings/advisements that chains are required past certain elevations in the winter.

Realistically, I doubt I would need them, and it's probably one of those things they don't enforce nearly as much as they make out.

Just want my bases covered for as many situations as possible.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Those pics with the winch... is that custom for the Bronco or would any standard winch fit on that shelf?

also, the under pics only showed 2 bolts so I'm sure the winch has a few more around... funny how we have all these heavy recovery items, and the winch is held on by 4 smallish bolts.

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still debating making the drive but if that's truly going to be the only one, I don't think it's worth it.
me too, I am in Colorado Springs and thinking about it!!

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're right. It says 36.3" for both 2 and 4 doors

IMG_0416.PNG

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know what requirements are for tire chains...
But here are the tire specs as I’ve seen them.
Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! IMG_0416.PNG
Yes. I've seen that, and you can certainly get chains to fit the tires. Most vehicles I've seen that don't allow for chains, it's got more to do with clearance around the chained tire, rubbing the wheel well, etc.
Given the articulation of the Bronco, I can't imagine this would be a problem, but sometimes things are just dumb and don't make sense.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

me too, I am in Colorado Springs and thinking about it!!
But you're really close! I'd definitively go if you're that close.
Sponsored