Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry for the delay on coming out with news on this, but I wanted to make sure I didn't speak out of turn.

Ford with their recent changes are trying to fulfill the outstanding reservations and orders they have in the system. They are going to allow dealers to "pull ahead" allocation to fulfill demand of their customers. They are also incentivizing customers to switch from high demand items that they have a production capacity shortfall, to orders that they are able to build.

Restrictions - There is a higher demand for MIC hard top, Lux Package and Sasquatch. These shortfalls will cause orders to be delayed and they do not have enough commodities to fulfill demand. If your order has one or more of these restrictions, that doesn't guarantee that your order won't get scheduled during this timeframe, rather it reduces the odds of it getting scheduled. You will also not qualify for the $2500 incentive. So Ford is still producing Sasquatch, Lux and Hard tops. They just don't have enough production to fill the retail demand.

$2500 Incentive - To qualify for this incentive you need to have one of the existing restrictions that have more demand that commodity available for 2023 (Hard top, Lux Package, & Sasquatch). You have to switch out of ALL restrictions, not just one, to qualify for the incentive. I initially was under the impression you had to switch from a 2 door to a 4 door, but that is not the case.

For Example: You have a 2 door wildtrak Lux order. If you take off the Lux package you do NOT qualify for the $2500 incentive.
You have a 2 Door Wiltrak order and you switch to a Badlands 2 door High package without Sasquatch you DO qualify for the incentive.

How does this effect Granger Ford customers? Dealer allocation should not be a restriction in this upcoming scheduling cycle. Ford is looking to only fill RETAIL demand and not dealer stock. So this should go a long ways to fill order for those who have been waiting a long time for their order. They are taking a month to do their best to clear out the existing orders. We have approximately 475 retail orders that qualify and have been submitted through Ford's COVP process. All of these could potentially get scheduled if they don't have a restriction on them.

What If I want to risk it and don't remove a commodity? You can still get scheduled! But this reduces your odds and by how much, I do not know. But if you choose to take that risk you won't get price protection for the 2024 model year. So You'll need to weigh your priorities and see how you want to move forward.

Zach
Sponsored

Last edited:

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry for the delay on coming out with news on this, but I wanted to make sure I didn't speak out of turn.

Ford with their recent changes are trying to fulfill the outstanding reservations and orders they have in the system. They are going to allow dealers to "pull ahead" allocation to fulfill demand of their customers. They are also incentivizing customers to switch from high demand items that they have a production capacity shortfall, to orders that they are able to build.

Restrictions - There is a higher demand for MIC hard top, Lux Package and Sasquatch. These shortfalls will cause orders to be delayed and they do not have enough commodities to fulfill demand. If your order has one or more of these restrictions, that doesn't guarantee that your order won't get scheduled during this timeframe, rather it reduces the odds of it getting scheduled. You will also not qualify for the $2500 incentive. So Ford is still producing Sasquatch, Lux and Hard tops. They just don't have enough production to fill the retail demand.

$2500 Incentive - To qualify for this incentive you need to have one of the existing restrictions that have more demand that commodity available for 2023 (Hard top, Lux Package, & Sasquatch). You have to switch out of ALL restrictions, not just one, to qualify for the incentive. I initially was under the impression you had to switch from a 2 door to a 4 door, but that is not the case.

For Example: You have a 2 door wildtrak Lux order. If you take off the Lux package you do NOT qualify for the $2500 incentive.
You have a 2 Door Wiltrak order and you switch to a Badlands 2 door High package without Sasquatch you DO qualify for the incentive.

How does this effect Granger Ford customers? Dealer allocation should not be a restriction in this upcoming scheduling cycle. Ford is looking to only fill RETAIL demand and not dealer stock. So this should go a long ways to fill order for those who have been waiting a long time for their order. They are taking a month to do their best to clear out the existing orders. We have approximately 475 retail orders that qualify and have been submitted through Ford's COVP process. All of these could potentially get scheduled if they don't have a restriction on them.

What If I want to risk it and don't remove a commodity? You can still get scheduled! But this reduces your odds and by how much, I do not know. But if you choose to take that risk you won't get price protection for the 2024 model year. So You'll need to weigh your priorities and see how you want to move forward.

Zach
I have a related but unrelated question. I am trying to decide what to do with a second order I have through you guys because my first one through you finally has a build week. Because I have two orders, I have two Private Offers. Will I be able to use the second (and lower valued) P.O. on my second build? In other words, Can one person use two P.O.s if they have two different Broncos being bought? Thanks!

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello Zach,

Thanks for the update!

As I live in Wisconsin and am an October reservation holder with you, AND don't need the vehicle until 2024 anyways I'll keep the good Granger offer and deal with the Ford price increase and get the truck I want when I get it.

I am still happy I reserved with you guys. It would have been nice if Ford didn't screw this up so badly that I could have replaced my '05 Xterra last year with the Bronco. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy scooting around in my little GTI that will become my daughter's car when the Bronco finally arrives.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If i had 4 dr BD Sas and MIC top, can i move to Badlands, softop, no Sas, high pkg and get the $2500?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for this @Zach@Granger I know this has been a roller coaster for your team as well.

Would it be possible to publish a new spot in line list and possibly what those orders are? Not asking you to share anyone's personal info but spot in line and whatever order info for someone to gauge if a change would be needed would probably go far.

So with the increase of allocations will they just be grabbing whatever they can build off your list? I had asked Samantha about HE's as well to see if there's any numbers on those yet or are they limited in how many they'll grab in a cycle.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I initially was under the impression you had to switch from a 2 door to a 4 door, but that is not the case.

I understand the example you gave. If I'm reading betweens the lines correctly, they list a MIC top as one of the required options to qualify for the $2500 incentive but only for 4-doors? Meaning 2-doors are "safe"? I.e. can't switch out of a MIC top because there's no option to obviously

For the record I wish they listed a 2door soft top!

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i have zero desire to accept a bronco without sasquatch and hard top and still pay 50k plus.

I cancelled my Granger order this week. Sucks as I have patiently waited since my 7/17/20 reservation.

So i am on the hunt for dealer stock and have accepted the fact that i will be paying ADM.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For Granger reservation holders that ultimately do not get a MY23 Bronco, whether they chose to leave any constraints or remove all constraints and just did not get scheduled, would you still honor the original pricing deal at the time of the initial reservation? (IE $1k or $2k under invoice) My understanding is that new orders would need to be made for MY24.

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So now they’re going to fill all your orders in 2023?! 2 doors aren’t restricted but those who want 4 hard tops will have a harder time?

jalexa27

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 impala
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach
Hi Zach, Thank you for the information on the Bronco ordering plans. A couple logistical questions.

1. Given you have about 475 orders to potentially process / update AND Ford's deadline is March 7th, what is Granger's deadline? Presuming you want to give yourselves about 1-2 weeks to process all of the orders ahead of the deadline.

2. I have a Dual Top order. Is Ford ignoring these, prioritizing them separately, or just hoping these orders will change to soft tops?

thanks,
James

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Zach@Granger

From what you know - is the allocation "debit" only for the dealerships with VERY excessive backlogs? Or is this something dealerships with a decent amount (100+) of reservations or even fewer can partake in?

I'd assume, for future repercussions, that this is optional to the participating dealers?

Last edited:

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Zach@Granger
my order is a 2dr Base Sasquatch, just removing the Sasquatch would leave me with an undesirable Bronco since you cannot configure a base with full time 4wd and a rear locker without the SAS pkg. I would need to change trims. Changing trim to Black Diamond is where I would like to be. Is this possibe and qualify for the $2500?

Last edited:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so if your annual allocation is 100 (for example) and they build all 475 broncos on order for 2023, then Granger wont get any more broncos for 2024, 2025, 2026, and only 25 broncos in 2027? thats horrid. How are you supposed to increase your allocation through sales if they dont give you any to sell in future years?

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With some emphasis on the Raptor, which in most cases has all of those same commodity restrictions, are they limiting those builds also?

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello Zach,

Thanks for the update!

As I live in Wisconsin and am an October reservation holder with you, AND don't need the vehicle until 2024 anyways I'll keep the good Granger offer and deal with the Ford price increase and get the truck I want when I get it.

I am still happy I reserved with you guys. It would have been nice if Ford didn't screw this up so badly that I could have replaced my '05 Xterra last year with the Bronco. In the meantime I will continue to enjoy scooting around in my little GTI that will become my daughter's car when the Bronco finally arrives.
Do tell, how did Ford all by themselves, screw this up so badly? SMH
Sponsored