Sponsored

Will dealers be trained and ready when the price and build drops?

DanV

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus and Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I truly hope Ford dealers are trained and ready when the price and build drops. They will be killed with phone calls, texts and e-mails. Will they be ready?
Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Some will be.......others, not so much. Like people have said before most of us know way more about them than any dealership sales person anyway.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doubtful on most. I don’t rely on stores, dealers or associates for information, they’re generally useless for the most part. My poor dealer didn’t even know the exhaust was active on my Challenger, I had to look it up online. I hope people are smart enough in this day and age to do their own homework.

Relying on others for the best information is what gets people walking out of Best Buy with a $5K 8K Samsung QLED because it’s “best” and some $200 “ultra, extra, High 8K HDTV, silver plated, air-filled foamed polyethylene insulation HDMI cable.”

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. They may get a link with a training video and a folder with details that they many won't read with the same passion the informed buyer will. Some dealers will be working hard to understand, upgrade and sell Broncos, others not so much. My dealer is an A/Z plan machine, so most of their customers are either employees or family of employees involved in the industry one way or another. They will know how to order them and they will have customers that will inform them on delivery info that dealers further away from Detroit might not get.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Trained for what? How to submit an order? Usually orders are submitted by 1 or 2 peeps at the dealership. And the ordering person does this all the time so he or she does not need to be trained.

Now .. if you ask your salesman what comes in the Sasquatch package then that is a diff question. BUT why would you ask them this? You already know all the details from this forum. And if you ask when Velocity Blue will be available the he will def not know.

Everyone on this forum will be well versed on what he or she wants. I have special ordered 3 Fords and you just call and tell them your build and that is it. Simple.

I truly hope Ford dealers are trained and ready when the price and build drops. They will be killed with phone calls, texts and e-mails. Will they be ready?

Last edited:

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Highly doubtful. I just checked my technician training site and so far nothing added for bronco or bronco sport. The courses for mach-e and escape hybrid are due by 9/15 so they might add something then but at least on a technician side I don’t expect any training courses till January at the earliest

OP
OP

DanV

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus and Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree, do your homework. Some dealers either dont know, or are not giving information on pricing. MSRP, invoice, x-plan. reservation and dealer transfer cut off is the end of October. I have a budget I am willing to spend. I cant decide build until I get prices. Some dealers cant decide what they are doing until they get more information. A lot depends on build and price. Once it hits I and take to the dealer and say "what can we work out, " or will I need to change my reservation to another and drive 9 hours. I'm sure I am not alone. I hope the dealers are ready

Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
unless you have a sales person thats going to buy a bronco himself and he is dedicated to learning about it, most likely they wont be ready and most people here will know more than them. I've only known a handful of sales that actually knew what they are talking about and could show me features i didnt know. I've worked at 2 dealers for 7 years now, the shear amount of dumb questions the mechanics get asked makes you wonder how these guys make it through life. I've literally been asked "This customer wants to know if this car has a carburetor?" that was literally last year, on a brand new 2019 hyndai elantra... where it says direct injected on the list of features...

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm keeping an eye on the Bronco Sport rollout. Some dealerships are spending a day with the new vehicle and seem enthusiastic. However, the B&P has been out for awhile and some customers have already ordered. There's quite a bit of initiative that a salesman would need to take in order to be ready for the Bronco B&P especially with 200 factory installed accessories.