Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How easy do you think the install / removal was or would be?
wondering if they have quick disconnect mounting

seems pretty cost effective, maybe slightly better value than the gfc superlight which is hard to find

if i were to go the rtt route I definitely want something light like this and easy to on/off
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How easy do you think the install / removal was or would be?
wondering if they have quick disconnect mounting

seems pretty cost effective, maybe slightly better value than the gfc superlight which is hard to find

if i were to go the rtt route I definitely want something light like this and easy to on/off
Ya know, if my truck wasn’t 4 hours away right now getting the transmission fixed I would actually try taking it off with help and be able to tell you firsthand 😂😢😢.

As it is though, where it’s connected to the OEM roof rack cross bars it doesn’t seem too difficult to remove, just hefty. There are four connection points to the crossbars that just need to be unscrewed. I’d say definitely a two person job. But seems like it could store well being so thin in the garage.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You mentioned the rain fly but if you all encountered rain while in use, how did it hold up in rain? Would this possibly work on a 2 door?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going uphill at circled spot I made the mistake turning to wide in a Raptor 2wd mode but had to reverse and it slide a few feet due to the loose gravel at that spot. It was pretty scary even for my taste cause all I could see was sky in the mirrors.

70416B4C-D75B-4B56-A44F-F98B3B27DFFF.jpeg

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep we will be doing the white rim trail at the end of March. Can’t wait for those sweet views and starry nights!
Are you going to Off Roadeo? We'll be there in 3/24.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like how slim it is closed up. What's the shell made of? It looks like a soft material but still a stiff panel.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya know, I didn’t even know the extra single crossbar was an option but I would 100% consider this! Great idea friends! $200 seems kind of steep for it but Ford does have a way of screwing us over don’t they 🙄
Pays $1500 for a tent and thinks $200 to make sure they don't fall on the roof is too expensive. :p

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going uphill at circled spot I made the mistake turning to wide in a Raptor 2wd mode but had to reverse and it slide a few feet due to the loose gravel at that spot. It was pretty scary even for my taste cause all I could see was sky in the mirrors.

Yikes! Yeah, my wife wants to do the trip, but says she'll probably have to take some Valium for the ride down the canyon. I'll probably need some too, just to keep me going real sloooooow. 🥴

(Does the Bronco have a Tight Sphincter mode I can dial in?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You mentioned the rain fly but if you all encountered rain while in use, how did it hold up in rain? Would this possibly work on a 2 door?
I think it would do ok in a light rain but I wouldn’t take it out in a downpour, it was sprinkling overnight when we had it out, even without the rain fly we stayed dry.

As for fitting on the two door, I think the pics I’ve seen of the superlite fit well on the two door and I would guess this about the same size so I think it could work

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like how slim it is closed up. What's the shell made of? It looks like a soft material but still a stiff panel.
It’s like a faux plastic soft material on the outside overlaying a hard plastic board. There are recommended cleaning materials they offer that should keep it in good shape but I don’t plan on keeping the tent on year round, I could see it peeling if left on all the time, especially with sun exposure.

OP
OP
Kickit

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is butt puckering 😳. I might have to get out and walk this portion 😬

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base