Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This completely blows if accurate. I had checked with Samantha yesterday to verify that if I removed SAS from my Base build and moved to an Outer Banks with Mid and no SAS that I would qualify for the $2,500. She confirmed it would, and now I'm reading this!
Just sent her a follow-up email.
This whole process has at least been consistent in one respect: the sheer ineptitude and lack of clear and concise communication from @Ford Motor Company.
I feel bad for solid dealers like @Granger Ford who are doing their best to sift through all of the minutiae of grayness.
Just one more instance of Ford changing the rules and going back on their word. They probably realized late they were going to shift from a Sas/Wildtrak constraint to a Badlands constraint as lots of people were going to switch to Badlands High package as the closest thing to Sas/Lux
Sponsored

Last edited:

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just one more instance of Ford changing the rules and going back on their word. They probably realized late they were going to shift from a Sas/Wiltrack constraint to a Badlands constraint as lots of people were going to switch to Badlands High package as the closest thing to Sas/Lux
Yep. I was planning on Badlands High.

Zach said earlier in this thread that price protection holds if you switch trims. In my case that's Black Diamond to Badlands. Are we sure about this? I always understood that price protection was keep your trim, keep your engine.

Currently I'm in BD, Sas, Mid. If I just drop Sas to have BD, Mid. I keep PP and get an additional $2,500. I know that.

If I choose to switch to Badlands, it's more expensive, I lose the $2,500 opportunity and potentially lose price protection too.

At this point I need to see where I'm at on the Granger list. If I'm under maybe 75, I might roll the dice on BD Sas because I loved sasquatch at Moab. If I'm not I probably should just drop sasquatch, get the $2500 and buy wheels/tires with it.

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach said earlier in this thread that price protection holds if you switch trims. In my case that's Black Diamond to Badlands. Are we sure about this? I always understood that price protection was keep your trim, keep your engine.

Currently I'm in BD, Sas, Mid. If I just drop to BD, Mid. I keep PP and get an additional $2,500. I know that.

If I choose to switch to Badlands, it's more expensive, I lose the $2,500 opportunity and potentially lose price protection too.

At this point I need to see where I'm at on the Granger list. If I'm under maybe 75. I might roll the dice on BD Sas. If I'm not I probably should just drop sasquatch, get the $2500 and buy wheels/tires with it.
The updated FAQ seems pretty clear that only Wildtrak can switch trims and qualify but this is Ford we're talking about so they probably change things another 25 times. Stay pumped! :/

I was "lucky" in that I already had Badlands/Lux/Sas on order so qualify for the $2500 with the removal of Lux/Sas. Now to see if mind actually gets built (as a 2 door I doubt it but if not, I'll finally move on for good from this slow moving train wreck of a process)

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Last edited:

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In order to qualify for the $2500, you would have to remove Lux and Sasquatch, but you would not be allowed to change trims to the Badlands as I read the last official word from Ford, which is a shame, since a 23 Badlands with high and leather would be pretty damn close to the same thing (except for the wheels and a small change in gearing) if you wanted a carpeted interior.

If I was in your shoes, and the front locker wasn't a must have feature, I would consider dropping Lux for High, and removing sasquatch, but making sure that you got the Adv 4x4 (which also requires the rear locker). It's possible to get the rear locker without the Adv 4x4 (don't do that).

Just my 2 cents.
Can you point to where this is where you cannot change trims? Thanks!

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently I'm in BD, Sas, Mid. If I just drop Sas to have BD, Mid. I keep PP and get an additional $2,500. I know that.

At this point I need to see where I'm at on the Granger list. If I'm under maybe 75, I might roll the dice on BD Sas because I loved sasquatch at Moab. If I'm not I probably should just drop sasquatch, get the $2500 and buy wheels/tires with it.
I know you aren't asking my opinion, but I'm going to give it to you. :cool:
As a non-squatched Badlands owner who has attended the Off-Rodeo, if I was in your position, I would get the Black Diamond with rear locker and ADV 4wd with mid package.

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This completely blows if accurate. I had checked with Samantha yesterday to verify that if I removed SAS from my Base build and moved to an Outer Banks with Mid and no SAS that I would qualify for the $2,500. She confirmed it would, and now I'm reading this!
This whole process has at least been consistent in one respect: the sheer ineptitude and lack of clear and concise communication from @Ford Motor Company.
I feel bad for solid dealers like @Granger Ford who are doing their best to sift through all of the minutiae of grayness.
Well, at least you didn't already change your order like I did Base/SQ to a Black Diamond, and then found this info out last night. Now, If true, I will have to bug them and get it changed back. Will that open up a new problem going back to a constrained build Base/SQ, then back to an unconstrained build by the end of March. This interim order that doesn't qualify might have already sunk my chances of recieving the $2500.

ARKBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford just keeps moving the goalposts… In fact, they probably watch these threads to find new ways to screw reservation holders.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the updated FAQ

"You are a current non-Wildtrak series customer and modify your order within the existing trim series"
Thank you. Yeah, I finally found that. You know what's funny. Later in the thread it says you can modify your order again. If you read it literally, it seems to say, you can drop constrains and just remain on your trim. Then you can modify your trim and still have it apply. Lots of hoops to jump through.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know you aren't asking my opinion, but I'm going to give it to you. :cool:
As a non-squatched Badlands owner who has attended the Off-Rodeo, if I was in your position, I would get the Black Diamond with rear locker and ADV 4wd with mid package.
I'm curious as to why you would recommend the BD over the BL. Can your elaborate? I'm interested in your opinion especially since you own a BL.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing for me, I changed from a 4 door Basesquatch w/ MIC to a 4 door Badlands no SAS or MIC and was told I'd qualify for the $2500 plus original PP via the certificate in Smartvincent. Made the switch a little easier to swallow. Definitely DO NOT want a 4 door Base. Ford sucks, if I this one ever gets built it's the LAST FORD MY FAMILY WILL EVERY BUY, PERIOD. And I'm due for a new camper hauler, it will be a Ram. Wish I'd just bought a 4door Rubicon XR package when I got the 2 door, I'd have been done with this tragedy long ago.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More confused than ever... Here's the response from Samantha when asked about changing trim level from Base to Outer Banks and qualifying for the $2,500:

"From the documents we have received, removing constraints qualifies you for the additional $2500. Switching trims does not apply."

Man, some clarity sure would be nice before I'm forced to make a decision!

Bradfields

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 eco diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The "Select customers" is definitely a nebulous term that needs to be defined.

Your second question has been answered, though. Only WT orders can change trims to qualify. Everyone else has to stay in the same series.
That’s kind of what I thought since I’ve not received anything about an offer from Ford. I’ll probably still switch my order to a non sas high Badlands to have a better shot at getting it built this year, there would have been even more incentive to switch if the $2500 had been on the table, since I’m not a reservation holder, PP isn’t an incentive for me. I can live without the lux package on the OBX, but removing the sas package is a deal breaker for me.
Sponsored