Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not the prettiest engine bay I‘ve seen, but if it gets the job done, I can’t complain.

Sponsored

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1) There's clearly room for a large naturally aspirated V8. Look at all the room ahead of the engine block
2) I see mounts for an engine cover, which may clean things up a bit visually, but in any case there's a lot going on here.
3) In 30 years when I park this at car shows (or the day I take delivery and take it to cars & coffee), I'll just have to leave the hood closed.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hope for the mechanics sake they clean up alot of the runs before production
Nope thats as clean as they get. I'm a mechanic and I went and poked around under the hood of a 20 ranger...its not horrible, just how it is these days. I wana puke hearing everybody yell for a freaking twin turbo v6...uuuuuugggh????

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not familiar with ecoboosts, but it looks like the electronic throttle body is right on the inlet to the turbo and the recirculate valve is in the output right above it. Is the high pressure fuel rail under a sound cover? I can't pick that out clearly.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not familiar with ecoboosts, but it looks like the electronic throttle body is right on the inlet to the turbo and the recirculate valve is in the output right above it. Is the high pressure fuel rail under a sound cover? I can't pick that out clearly.
The throttle body is on the intake manifold on the dr side. U can't see it here. The di pump is under that black box on the rear of the valve cover. Ranger doesn't have that box. It appeared to me that the #4 coil could barely sneak by the di pump. Hope this is the same. If you were to swamp it you could save this engine trailside. V6 I doubt. Only electrical connector I saw on the actual turbo was the wastegate actuator. Its electric now. Bov is electric too, thats clearly visible here.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Having done a few things on the GF's 2019 Ranger (2.3 as the only engine option), it's tight in there with many, many, many sharp pokey bits to remind you it's a modern engine.

Overall the basic stuff (oil changes, checking plugs, installing a catch can) were all easy. It's when these things are out of warranty and book time includes a spare 0.5 hours for "R&R" of non-essential systems for every.single.thing that people will start to sour on it. But this will be the same for the 2.7. Modern engines are a rats nest of sensors, hoses and clips.
Sponsored