Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

More confused than ever... Here's the response from Samantha when asked about changing trim level from Base to Outer Banks and qualifying for the $2,500:

"From the documents we have received, removing constraints qualifies you for the additional $2500. Switching trims does not apply."

Man, some clarity sure would be nice before I'm forced to make a decision!
Hopefully Ford honor those that already made changes under their original wording on this stuff. I’m sure Zach will communicate this to his contacts at Ford and go to bat for you all.

I wouldn’t beat up Samantha and Zach too much on this, because mother Ford made this change a week after releasing the initial language. Puts good people at SOME quality dealerships in a bad spot.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hopefully Ford honor those that already made changes under their original wording on this stuff. I’m sure Zach will communicate this to his contacts at Ford and go to bat for you all.

I wouldn’t beat up Samantha and Zach too much on this, because mother Ford made this change a week after releasing the initial language. Puts good people at SOME quality dealerships in a bad spot.
Totally agree, and I'm definitely not trying to beat them up (hope it doesn't come across that way!). I'm sure they're as frustrated as anyone while attempting to navigate these murky waters for hundreds of potentially emotional buyers.

And, I certainly understand them not putting out any kind of "official" statement without somehow verifying fully first. They're obviously at the mercy of @Ford Motor Company and their complete ineptitude at clear and concise communication...

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way, Samantha has been great. I was the one who brought it to their attention, and she has switched my order back to my Base/SAS that I had before this latest dumpster fire. They are yet to get an answer to the non wildtrack order trim switch question, but I am sure they will clarify once their rep gets back to them.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
At this point I need to see where I'm at on the Granger list. If I'm under maybe 75, I might roll the dice on BD Sas because I loved sasquatch at Moab. If I'm not I probably should just drop sasquatch, get the $2500 and buy wheels/tires with it.
Everyone loves the stock black steelies. You can sell your stock BD wheels and buy some Sasquatch take-offs and only be out around $800 out of that $2500.

Plus you get the $6080 from dropping the Sasquatch in addition to the $2500 incentive. (unless you are ordering an automagic for some reason, in which case it's $1600 less)

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally agree, and I'm definitely not trying to beat them up (hope it doesn't come across that way!). I'm sure they're as frustrated as anyone while attempting to navigate these murky waters for hundreds of potentially emotional buyers.

And, I certainly understand them not putting out any kind of "official" statement without somehow verifying fully first. They're obviously at the mercy of @Ford Motor Company and their complete ineptitude at clear and concise communication...
Yeah, i just wanted address how Granger is basically in the same boat as all of us yesterday/today. What a shitty thing for Ford to do. They have departments built to understand all of this before putting these statement out to the public. And we’ve seen time after time their massaging has failed. Ford mothership should get roasted along with their shady dealers gouging customers.

Thanks for not taking my post the wrong way. I Just wanted to go to bat for Samantha. She’s doing the best she can with the shit sandwich that has been made for them.

Sponsored

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Everyone loves the stock black steelies. You can sell your stock BD wheels and buy some Sasquatch take-offs and only be out around $800 out of that $2500.

Plus you get the $6080 from dropping the Sasquatch in addition to the $2500 incentive. (unless you are ordering an automagic for some reason, in which case it's $1600 less)
Agree - the math is coming together that I'm going to just go with dropping sas and buying a wheel setup that works for me. Would have liked it all to be neat and tidy from the factory, but for $6k it just doesn't pencil out.

Man who would have thought in 2020 we'd be here in 2023 stressing about our builds still...

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In case it helps anyone, I asked Samantha: Does price protection hold if I change from Black Diamond to Badlands or does that go away?

"Price protection does, but the additional $2500 with the information gathered today , may disqualify you from receiving that."

weezy_jw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Zach@Granger mentioned previously your PP is an amount based on your order at they time. So no matter the trim, you get that dollar value in PP.

Side note: every dealer I called in Houston today has 10k-20k ADM now, so really glad I can save that $2,500 by cancelling.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My biggest issue is being handcuffed with an original BaseSquatch order. The online build tool literally cannot/will not allow one to remove SAS and manually add back in full-time 4WD and rear lockers. Infuriating. I don't mind as much going aftermarket for a leveling kit and wheels/tires (if I could leverage the $2,500 rebate), but the other stuff seems to be a lot more expensive and complex to cobble together. Okay, I'm done complaining for today. :poop:

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious as to why you would recommend the BD over the BL. Can your elaborate? I'm interested in your opinion especially since you own a BL.
I typed that assuming that switching to Badlands doesn’t qualify for the $2500 rebate. Not worth it. Take the rebate. The times I will absolutely need front lockers and sta-bar disconnect will be rare.
I bought the Badlands because I wanted MGV, washout floors, manual transmission and mid package. Having the rest of the Badlands goodies was just a bonus.

Sponsored

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I typed that assuming that switching to Badlands doesn’t qualify for the $2500 rebate. Not worth it. Take the rebate. The times I will absolutely need front lockers and sta-bar disconnect will be rare.
I bought the Badlands because I wanted MGV, washout floors, manual transmission and mid package. Having the rest of the Badlands goodies was just a bonus.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I agree with you. If he's already in the BD and could keep the $2500 by staying on the BD but lose it on the BL, that makes sense. I'd probably even forgo the mid-package. One thing you can get, of course, with BL, in addition to the Sway Bar disconnect are the cameras on the high package. But, if he had BD before, he wasn't going to get those anyway. I'm not personally a fan of the BD black wheels, but, for $2500, you can get something nice there.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree - the math is coming together that I'm going to just go with dropping sas and buying a wheel setup that works for me. Would have liked it all to be neat and tidy from the factory, but for $6k it just doesn't pencil out.

Man who would have thought in 2020 we'd be here in 2023 stressing about our builds still...
I'm just so glad Ford made everything perfectly clear last Tuesday. 🤦‍♂️

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's some f'd up news, according to Long McArthur's YouTube show, when order banks open up - up to 20% WildTrak orders, 55% Sasquatch, and 59% hard top orders will be allocated to them at that time.

If that extends to all dealers, that's a big F U to reservation holders AGAIN.

So, thanks @Ford Motor Company.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's some f'd up news, according to Long McArthur's YouTube show, when order banks open up - up to 20% WildTrak orders, 55% Sasquatch, and 59% hard top orders will be allocated to them at that time.

If that extends to all dealers, that's a big F U to reservation holders AGAIN.

So, thanks @Ford Motor Company.
What? @Ford Motor Company is going to keep ignoring early reservation holders like they've been doing all along? Who could see that coming?
Sponsored