lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will not be anywhere near 80k. Think about it has to be less than the raptor and the raptor is no where near 80k
The current Raptor is $73K loaded out. Dollars to donuts the new Raptor pushes $80K easy.

My guess on a Bronco Raptor price point would be $70k-ish loaded out. Same as what the limited F.E. is, maybe a bit more. Too much higher and you eat into Raptor sales.
Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think Ford is all that worried about cannibalizing sales. They'll be selling Broncos as fast as they can build them for at least the next couple years.

If anything, they'll be happy to shift some of the MY21/22 demand to an even more profitable trim in MY23.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't comment on your other questions, but wanted to ask what you meant by this:

If you are saying that the OB with SAS is a better deal than the Wildtrak, I would disagree. A 2-dr OB with 2.7 + SAS + Mod Hardtop is $800 more than the standard Wildtrak and matches it exactly equipment-wise. Not sure about 4-dr though.

Or if you are comparing the OB w/ SAS with a BL w/ SAS, then essentially you are paying $2k more for the BL to get all of the armor & steel bumpers.
Your right, my mistake, I was thinking something else. It’s hard to keep it all straight. My biggest point is there anything special about the Wildtrak? It seems like you can option all the trims to the same capability.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HYPE!!!!

What if they surprise us and it’s a late 2021 model?! ?

I highly doubt it, but I’d freak it if so

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess we will have to see.

and BTW .. not sure if you know this or that it matters. The oversized front fenders and rear bedsides on the Raptor is not metal. It is a composite. The hood is also a composite. Has been this way since 2010.

I don't need to work for Ford to logically think about it. I also come from a design and product development background. Looking at Raptor again - you think the fender flares magically end on the front quarter panel-fender/in front of the front door just because? Or for design? No. They do that so they can use the same cab and doors as the normal F-150. They're not going to develop a new door skin just for one trim of a product. The back flare has more leeway as it can take up as much of the bed side as they want.

1599707144088.png

Now let's take that logic and look at Bronco. The front fender flare could be handled the same way as Raptor - the "flat" metal panel and the plastic one could be replaced with a bulging fender fender assembly that terminates just before the door - that I agree with. You MIGHT be able to barely get away with it on the 2 door rear quarter panel, but it'd have the same interaction with the door - terminating where the door ends, as again, they're not developing a new door for this.
1599707337734.png

Now lets look at the 4 door - here's where the real problems lie. As with the 2 door, it's possible that they could do a Raptor-style bulging FRONT fender that terminates before the door.
But then you go to the rear door, which cuts into the wheel well opening. Taking the Raptor approach would be impossible without designing a completely new door skin, as you're not going to have a bulging fender 3/4 of the way and then just stop at the door, with an awkward flat piece/flare where the door goes. The only alternative to this problem would be attaching a plastic piece to the door to continue the bulging flare of the quarter panel, and that just wouldn't look right unless the flares too were just of the "added on" variety.
1599707360841.png

I hope I'm getting my point across better with images, otherwise I'll have to mock something up in photoshop.

broncobuster2550

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
maybe im alone here, but I don’t think those are the intended tires (wheels)..? Personally, I think the stance is odd looking. all the “oh’s” and “ah’s” are killing me... too much space there, and no doubt it will be filled with way more rubber. My three cents
Correct.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4 Door Production Body w/ Bronco-R suspension? All the Suspension tastings been done, just have to marry it to street legal body. It’s what I would do if I were Ford, but Bullit Green would have been an available color if I were Ford.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4runner- 33s, Dirtking UCA&LCAs, 6112s, etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 Door Production Body w/ Bronco-R suspension? All the Suspension tastings been done, just have to marry it to street legal body. It’s what I would do if I were Ford, but Bullit Green would have been an available color if I were Ford.
i think im going to bail on my reservation and wait for the warthog/whatever it will be called. that green would be fantastic

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess we will have to see.

and BTW .. not sure if you know this or that it matters. The oversized front fenders and rear bedsides on the Raptor is not metal. It is a composite. The hood is also a composite. Has been this way since 2010.
I know. My dad has one. Doesn't change the fact that they're not redoing the doors for a low production model like that.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
again. We will see. Btw the raptor was never meant to be a large vol vehicle but sales has grown every year since 2010.

I know. My dad has one. Doesn't change the fact that they're not redoing the doors for a low production model like that.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really hope they aren't just gonna slap wider plastic flares on to accommodate the wider track. Everything else looks awesome, and the tech is what I was expecting

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're not getting the Bronco R suspension. No way it's coming with dual shocks up front, pneumatic bumps and 4.0 FRS shocks with 18" of travel in the rear FROM THE FACTORY! I'd shit my pants.

For comparison, upgrading a Raptor to run that kind of kit costs $20-30k (would need SVC Mid Travel or RPG BOLT kit plus shocks in front, RPG RST18 plus shocks and bumps in rear).

BroncOcotillo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wild guess is that it is a joint effort with Roush which just happens to be near the approximated location of the photos.
Roush or Shelby performance packages for the new Bronco would be nice to see.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)