Sponsored

Cactus Grey (and other colors) will be available to see in person on other Ford models

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please add to your post that 2021 Ranger will come in Cactus Gray, Carbonized Boring, Cyber Orange and Velocity Blue.
Thanks for that catch. I didn't mean to disrespect Velocity Blue. I tend to forget about it due to the "late availability" thing. :)
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've asked my dealer to get a hold of me when something in Cactus Grey arrives on the lot.

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that a delay due to COVID? That's awfully late for a new year of an existing model. :(
MAP was impacted by Michigan's COVID shutdowns, so I believe this date has been pushed back twice. Unless things get dramatically worse, I expect this to stick.

Psybako

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is that a delay due to COVID? That's awfully late for a new year of an existing model. :(
Sounds pretty good compared to expecting to deliver the first 2021 Broncos a month before the 2022 model year starts production :oops:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for that catch. I didn't mean to disrespect Velocity Blue. I tend to forget about it due to the "late availability" thing. :)
Think you misspelled "carbonized boring" in the op..... :cool:

Anyway, on topic: This is the benefit of having non-exclusive colors smattered across the entire product line. The downside, of course, is having non-exclusive colors smattered across the entire product line.

Oh how I miss the 50's and early 60's when there would he a half dozen model-specific colors. Now I would gladly pay $2,000-4,000 to have access to a "historic color pallet" even if it was restricted heavily to be historic only to previous generations of a specific model.

Chiffon Blue just speaks to me as a Galaxie 500 color. Or Nautilus Grey to the Thunderbird (the only real generation of them, '61-63, that JFK loved so much)

Sponsored
OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyway, on topic: This is the benefit of having non-exclusive colors smattered across the entire product line. The downside, of course, is having non-exclusive colors smattered across the entire product line.
I was thinking the same thing. I don't know why I originally thought in my mind that Cactus Grey would be Bronco-specific, but I worried that it would be difficult to choose sight-unseen, only to be relieved to find it will appear on other vehicles, giving me the chance to see it, only to be disappointed that it will be on other models. :)

I suppose for those who would like to have an exclusive color, they could hope that their Bronco arrives severely scratched all over, necessitating a full repaint at Ford/dealer expense, giving a free chance for a new color. :LOL:

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some of those colors are already available on other 2020 models.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Area 51 was a letdown to me based on those sport pics. Looking forward to seeing velocity vs antimatter.