First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome video until YouTube makes you take it down due to copyright crap for the Van Halen, proper with Roth singing. :) But hey, until then, rock on brother!

Great to see a group of guys using their Broncos as intended; hope you inspire. That Braptor almost stuck early in the vid is pretty cool too!
You can use decent music in your videos if you don't care who makes money off of the video. Van Halen isn't known for shutting things down. They'll take the ad revenue.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5: technique/trail etiquette: the more appropriately equipped vehicles in the front of the group didn't pay attention to the people behind them, resulting in the first 2/3 of the group quickly moving away from the rear 1/3 of the group, causing us to have an ill-equipped bronco inadvertently becoming our lead vehicle, and we couldn't get around him to help when he got stuck.
This is a big one. You're responsible for staying in sight of the guy behind you.

Last edited:

mx6bfast

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, son's 08 Civic, wife's biz 22 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This past Sunday - I met up with the local Bronco group for a drive up to the snow - well, we expected to be done by 2 or 3 pm.. we didn't finish the trail until almost 7:30pm.. I didn't get home until almost 10pm.. things did NOT go as planned...

5: technique/trail etiquette: the more appropriately equipped vehicles in the front of the group didn't pay attention to the people behind them, resulting in the first 2/3 of the group quickly moving away from the rear 1/3 of the group, causing us to have an ill-equipped bronco inadvertently becoming our lead vehicle, and we couldn't get around him to help when he got stuck.
This reminds me of the South Park episode where they are going zip lining and can’t leave. 🤣

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This past Sunday - I met up with the local Bronco group for a drive up to the snow - well, we expected to be done by 2 or 3 pm.. we didn't finish the trail until almost 7:30pm.. I didn't get home until almost 10pm.. things did NOT go as planned... but it was a good learning experience, and of course, I got photos and video.. the video is a little longer than I usually like - but there was a lot of content.

There were definitely quite a few recoveries that day, largely a result of a few factors:
1: Rig setup: Not having a front locker - this is a necessity in snow like this
2: Rig setup: Not having appropriate tires- there was a Non-Sasquatch bronco that kept high centering on the snow - with how deep it was, definitely needed the taller tires. Also, there was a Jeep running on mall-crawler tires that had no business being in the snow - he got stuck about every 50 feet for a while.
3: technique: people going too aggressive on the gas when trying to make progress, they just spun tires and got stuck
4: technique: not maintaining momentum going through the deep snow

As far as recovery gear - between several of us, we had a few kinetic ropes and soft shackles, which made it quick and easy to pull people out when they got stuck in a snowbank. We also had some shovels and traction boards (I don't think the traction boards EVER worked for us though).
As far as GOAT modes - I didn't use the goat modes - I put it in 4H with rear locker activated for most of it.. .a couple times I activated both front and rear lockers, and in some of the really deep and wet stuff I went to 4L with both lockers activated (and I disconnected sway bar for as much of it as I could too, just to help with ride quality). I was aired down to 15psi, and I personally never got stuck, but next time will probably go to 10-12 psi for the snow. As far as how the tires did in the snow - this is probably my 4th or 5th time going to the snow, and every time I've been REALLY impressed with how the stock sasquatch tires do in the snow. as far as traction control, I really played that by ear.. I turned it off for a while when I wanted to play and get sideways, back on when I needed the help... back off if I felt like it was hindering my ability to give throttle (and maybe spin a tire or two) if needed to get through deep stuff

When we got done with the trail, I was helping one of the other guys air his tires back up after I aired mine up, and I realized how much of a pain in the butt it is to get to the valve stems on the stock SAS wheels with the bead lock beauty ring in the way... another reason I'm glad I put aftermarket wheels on!

DJI_0010.jpg

DJI_0013.jpg

DJI_0025.jpg

MJB00619.jpg

MJB00659.jpg

MJB00706.jpg

MJB00826.jpg

MJB00854.jpg

MJB01130.jpg

MJB01162.jpg

MJB01204.jpg

MJB01318.jpg
Interesting report. Nice video. Every vehicle, no matter how "capable" or well equipped, will eventually find a snowdrift too deep or an area too slippery, i dont know how you can manage a snow ride with vehicles of varying capabilities all on the same ride without someone needing extraction. Snow is beautiful, but capricious, and then deadly.

Whatever happened to chains?

Last edited:

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great video and nicely edited. Definitely some solid advice there, set to quality Gen X hair metal. Made me jealous I wasn't out on the trail instead of at my desk. Thanks for sharing

Sponsored

hallihh

Raptor
First Name
Haraldur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X / Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Great video, can´t wait to join one of these trips soon. Nice to see in such a big group that more experienced drivers helping out the beginners. How much low did you guys have to go on the tire pressure?

I might have missed it but where did you go?

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This past Sunday - I met up with the local Bronco group for a drive up to the snow - well, we expected to be done by 2 or 3 pm.. we didn't finish the trail until almost 7:30pm.. I didn't get home until almost 10pm.. things did NOT go as planned... but it was a good learning experience, and of course, I got photos and video.. the video is a little longer than I usually like - but there was a lot of content.

There were definitely quite a few recoveries that day, largely a result of a few factors:
2: Rig setup: Not having appropriate tires- there was a Non-Sasquatch bronco that kept high centering on the snow - with how deep it was, definitely needed the taller tires. Also, there was a Jeep running on mall-crawler tires that had no business being in the snow - he got stuck about every 50 feet for a while.
3: technique: people going too aggressive on the gas when trying to make progress, they just spun tires and got stuck

As far as recovery gear - between several of us, we had a few kinetic ropes and soft shackles, which made it quick and easy to pull people out when they got stuck in a snowbank. We also had some shovels and traction boards (I don't think the traction boards EVER worked for us though).
As far as GOAT modes - I didn't use the goat modes - I put it in 4H with rear locker activated for most of it.. .a couple times I activated both front and rear lockers, and in some of the really deep and wet stuff I went to 4L with both lockers activated (and I disconnected sway bar for as much of it as I could too, just to help with ride quality). I was aired down to 15psi, and I personally never got stuck, but next time will probably go to 10-12 psi for the snow. As far as how the tires did in the snow - this is probably my 4th or 5th time going to the snow, and every time I've been REALLY impressed with how the stock sasquatch tires do in the snow. as far as traction control, I really played that by ear.. I turned it off for a while when I wanted to play and get sideways, back on when I needed the help... back off if I felt like it was hindering my ability to give throttle (and maybe spin a tire or two) if needed to get through deep stuff

When we got done with the trail, I was helping one of the other guys air his tires back up after I aired mine up, and I realized how much of a pain in the butt it is to get to the valve stems on the stock SAS wheels with the bead lock beauty ring in the way... another reason I'm glad I put aftermarket wheels on!

DJI_0010.jpg

DJI_0013.jpg

DJI_0025.jpg

MJB00619.jpg

MJB00659.jpg

MJB00706.jpg

MJB00826.jpg

MJB00854.jpg

MJB01130.jpg

MJB01162.jpg

MJB01204.jpg

MJB01318.jpg
This is so good! Thank you for posting! Where was this? Rear Lockers...Rear Lockers and Rear Lockers

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DJI_0010.jpg

DJI_0013.jpg

DJI_0025.jpg

MJB00619.jpg

MJB00659.jpg

MJB00706.jpg

MJB00826.jpg

MJB00854.jpg

MJB01130.jpg

MJB01162.jpg

MJB01204.jpg

MJB01318.jpg

Traction between the Territory tires from Sasquatch and the BFG KO2 from Badlands non Sasquatch or Raptor?
I absolutely love the Territory in the snow, very impressed. But I never tried the KO2.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

awesome post! This looks like a ton of fun

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video, can´t wait to join one of these trips soon. Nice to see in such a big group that more experienced drivers helping out the beginners. How much low did you guys have to go on the tire pressure?

I might have missed it but where did you go?
I love to see trips like this where some new guys get to learn from experience.

Even better when everyone made it out healthy and so did the rigs.

Snow is tricky; I’ve only done a little when focused around ski trips and never was in my vehicle, but it is fun, until it ain’t.

Reminder to us all, bring your own recovery gear (seems these guys did), bring some tools, extra food, water, a way to purify water, blankets and extra layers and cover, and always air down when in a situation like this when you have off-road tires. Ride with someone else, when you don’t have off-road tires! :ROFLMAO:

Plan for things to go sideways and you’ll save yourselves some trouble and ensure that you have a good time.

Lessons learned are healthy and give you some good stories to tell while sipping on whiskey and beer, or puffing on the good green stuff.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

DJI_0010.jpg

DJI_0013.jpg

DJI_0025.jpg

MJB00619.jpg

MJB00659.jpg

MJB00706.jpg

MJB00826.jpg

MJB00854.jpg

MJB01130.jpg

MJB01162.jpg

MJB01204.jpg

MJB01318.jpg
Great shots and write-up! I particularly love the black and white photos!

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donner party, table for 20 is ready!

Great video!!!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With many years of trail riding with groups, a Best Practice and a good rule of thumb is to never lose sight of the vehicle behind you. If they stop, then you should stop to lend assist as necessary.
It sounds like had the more capable vehicles in the front of your group exercised that etiquette you all may have been home a lot earlier.
Regardless, it looks like a beautiful trail and all made it home safe and sound! :):)
Sponsored