David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got my notification email from IAG this morning at 6:30am. The 4 door were already out of stock at 7:30am when I tried to order. Bummer
Sponsored

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your Bronco manual shows you colors, amp draw, and locations for the factory auxiliary switch wiring. You can then pick which one you want to use and connect to that wire. If you are using an aftermarket aux switch panel you should refer to the installation manual for that panel on how to wire it in. It just needs a 12V feed to power it.
Given the location of the tap at the driver side fuse harness at the knee bolster and yes I do know where the factory switch wiring is do you have any instructions or recommendations on the easiest
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 1674677578456

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given the location of the tap at the driver side fuse harness at the knee bolster and yes I do know where the factory switch wiring is do you have any instructions or recommendations on the easiest
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 1674677578456

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The easiest is run it through the grommet above the pedals. Very short easy run to the aux wiring in engine bay.

Sponsored

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perfect thank you!
For those wondering - its to the left of the brake pedal here and has a zip tie around it

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 1674678449078

This picture is someone is pushing a heavy gauge subwoofer amp wire (red) through - use a clothes hanger and some tape.

Here it is coming through engine bay - the auxiliary wiring bundle is easily accessed from here:

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 1674678561663

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There's gonna go a half day and hours of frustration I can tell....once it's Spring so I can drop the top and do this. Yikes. Not looking forward to that process.....ah well, what did I expect?

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your Bronco manual shows you colors, amp draw, and locations for the factory auxiliary switch wiring. You can then pick which one you want to use and connect to that wire. If you are using an aftermarket aux switch panel you should refer to the installation manual for that panel on how to wire it in. It just needs a 12V feed to power it.
One last dumb electrical question - you mention 12 V feed, if we are using aux switches, 1 and 2 are 30 and 15 amps respectively. Which switch would take that 12 V load and what gauge wire would you recommend since the switch harness butt stops near the circuit tap and we will have to run our own from the harness to the auxiliary wiring bundle in the engine bay.

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One last dumb electrical question - you mention 12 V feed, if we are using aux switches, 1 and 2 are 30 and 15 amps respectively. Which switch would take that 12 V load and what gauge wire would you recommend since the switch harness butt stops near the circuit tap and we will have to run our own from the harness to the auxiliary wiring bundle in the engine bay.
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 1674681001074

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spell it out, will ya? I'm a freakin' accountant, so consider....lol. We want this is a powered switch so it'll work when truck isn't on, right? And how much power will it draw? So which switch? thx

Sponsored

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Spell it out, will ya? I'm a freakin' accountant, so consider....lol. We want this is a powered switch so it'll work when truck isn't on, right? And how much power will it draw? So which switch? thx
Exactly and the switch will allow us to turn on the interior lights when someone drops something while driving and and needs light to find it. I have kids - happens all the time in the back seat cave. Want to make sure I do this correctly the IAG 12 V comment concerns me

Jhartman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly and the switch will allow us to turn on the interior lights when someone drops something while driving and and needs light to find it. I have kids - happens all the time in the back seat cave. Want to make sure I do this correctly the IAG 12 V comment concerns me
we just need to know the amperage it draws at 12 V

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're excited to announce that we are nearly ready to release our Interior Dome Light Kit. We expect to begin shipping these kits by mid January. We're offering a special introductory price for early purchasers. As with our last releases, we prefer not to take your money until we have a product to deliver. When you click on the link below choose your vehicle and click "Notify Me When Available." We'll send you an automatic email as soon as the lights are ready to ship.

The IAG LED Dome Light Kit adds some much needed interior lighting to your 2 door or 4 door Bronco. (4 Door Hardtop Requires Additional Bracket) Designed to bolt to the existing hardware above each door, the super-bright LEDs shine directly down to provide just the right amount of light for your passengers. The included plug and play wiring harness makes installation easy, with just one wire to connect under the dash. Once installed, the lights work seamlessly with your OEM dome lights and even dim when turning off- just like stock! CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 1674681001074

FAQ's ADDED 12/16! See video below:

Here are a few videos from our prototype testing and development to give you an idea of the installation process and real world use. **Note that the prototype versions were prior to our development of the plug n play harness.

Looks good .... how about a light for the glove box?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

we just need to know the amperage it draws at 12 V
I’d assume those little lights will definitely be under 10 amps. So any switch will work.

Also that chart you posted is outdated.
Aux 1 is 30 amps
Aux 2 is 15 amps
Aux 3-6 are 10 amps

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 8630A989-C2B5-4DFB-B967-E0240C98B384

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’d assume those little lights will definitely be under 10 amps. So any switch will work.

Also that chart you posted is outdated.
Aux 1 is 30 amps
Aux 2 is 15 amps
Aux 3-6 are 10 amps

Ford Bronco New Product Release: IAG Four Piece Interior Dome Light Kit with Harness 8630A989-C2B5-4DFB-B967-E0240C98B384
Are those all powered? I seem to remember that only a couple are....
Sponsored