First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trail riding with 4 wheelers in my youth opened my eyes and sharped my skills for riding with groups...as well as riding by myself. Sometimes we had a planned path...sometimes we just winged it. Sometimes I put myself in a situation I never should have been in.
Not sure if an informative group meeting took place prior to hitting the trail (assuming so) but appears either some folks did their own thing and or could care less as they just rolled out per your comments. Always had folks who just kept riding, never looked back when riding with large groups. It can be tough for experienced riders trailing it with newbies. It can really dull your experience if your not a patient person or just happy to be on the trail.

Experience is the best teacher...and hopefully those who were constantly stuck learned a lesson and will either invest in appropriate gear and upgrades or stick to the drive thru at the nearest Whataburger.
CB's are a great communication tool, not sure if all had one, they sure are worth their weight on the trail IMHO.

I personally like smaller groups when off pavement...with similar rigs as mine with hopefully a winch vehicle(s).

To quote Tracy Lawrence the country artist...
"Oh Lessons learned, man they sure run deep
They don't go away and they don't come cheap
Oh there's no way around it
Cause this world turns on lessons learned"

Excellent tunes for the video BTW!

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm just here to make fun of the jeep wheel/tire setup.

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4-7 psi gotta go way low in snow. But then you need Beadlock or inner Beadlocks.

Sponsored

Jossman

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150,2011 Mustang,2013 F150,2006 HD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As far as valve stems on SAS stock wheels assume thet are tucked in further than normal for protection when Wheeling.Just picked up some 8" extensions for easy access + of course remove before driving.Did the same on my F150 spare as when it is mounted under bed the valve stem is on top-Just put extension on through the rim downward+ secured with a zip tie.Easy to just slide under + check tire pressure.Flat/low spares don't do a lot of good when you are up the country.Also did the same on Motor Home Duals.

Untitled.png

robo

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi hatch, CG 2022 Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This must've been the recent Gold Country Bronco's trip I've been following.
What an experience. Glad y'all didn't have to spend the night!!
Lot's of lessons learned on that trip.
Rear view mirror, Appropriate tires, Comms, & Lockers, seem to be top of that list.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears to be a well kept secret :unsure:
Wentworth Springs road out of Georgetown Ca. The original start of the rubicon until they paved it in 99. Was up there the night before with a few other Broncos snow was great if you had the right tires and clearance.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ha ha. No oops about it, I was purposely playing off trail in some deep stuff. But if you’re the only Raptor, when you get stuck, get ready look out your window and see 15 people videoing your situation and the recovery when you’re on a big run. But it popped right out.

Great day other than the left behind issue. I got lucky being in the #2 slot

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good write up. Where was this run? I haven't been able to watch the video yet.
Gold Country Broncos in NorCal. Google Gold Country Broncos or we are in FB as well. Much more active on FB

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting report. Nice video. Every vehicle, no matter how "capable" or well equipped, will eventually find a snowdrift too deep or an area too slippery, i dont know how you can manage a snow ride with vehicles of varying capabilities all on the same ride without someone needing extraction. Snow is beautiful, but capricious, and then deadly.

Whatever happened to chains?
Chains are great for icy or snowy roads but once the snow gets deep you want to stay on top as much as possible. This is accomplished by airing down to create as big a footprint as possible and compacting the snow. Chains will dig into the snow and as the snow is several feet deep in the high sierras, you would bottom out with chains

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
wow, really cool video. I loved watching it. We did have some great snowfall with these recent storms. Thank you for posting it.
Sponsored