Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am ok with this if there is a neutral color selection (gray/black). Can always change the grab handles to a color I like, but stitching can't be changed, and I am hating on the yellow stitching and accents...but some may like it...
I’m happy with that answer if it’s correct I would only want the yellow stitching with the cyber yellow orange paint.. But if you can get Neutral color then you could always add different color grab handles if you choose later
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, they were saying the materials are pretty much what it’s going to be.
you can’t really think they’re going to leave the leather all loose like that, do you?
I certainly hope not. But then again, it is looking like a soup sandwich on a show/display rig. That lack of attention to detail doesn't fly with us veterans.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I certainly hope not. But then again, it is looking like a soup sandwich on a show/display rig. That lack of attention to detail doesn't fly with us veterans.
Im a veteran. Being a veteran doesn’t give you common sense.
Ford and many people all over this forum have said that these are not final products and don’t focus too much on the inside because there will be blemishes, it’s not final for release yet.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've shown some really nice computer rendered interiors. I consider that to be somewhat dishonest.
I understand that but we have no idea what any of the packages even look like at this point. Maybe those interiors are the finished product for a basic interior, who is to say there aren’t upgraded options? Without B&P nobody knows.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to talk with a Bronco brand manager and one of the Endurance/Test drivers of the new Bronco (guy that drove Rubicon, Moab, KOH route and more) and gathered a few of the questions that you all had as well as got some general information.

General Information regarding the driving experience:
  • Bronco is much more enjoyable to drive from 5-45 mph than a Wrangler. Above 45 mph, a Raptor is better. When a wrangler becomes harsh, the Bronco does not.
  • Stabilizer bar disconnect is incredible and functions perfectly. He said when going offroad, he selects the disconnect button and it seamlessly engages/disengages at 25 mph. Even on simple gravel mountain passes, he likes it disconnected and said it lets the vehicle float, where a Wrangler gets unsteady outside of crawling. The Bronco does not.
  • GOAT modes change a lot of parameters and work really well and are not intrusive. Throttle map, ABS settings, Stability Control, Traction Control, etc. He wasn't sure of everything, but he described it as this: For a sports car on a track in "track setting", the perfect lap is not affected by the settings, but prevents human error. He told the designers that's what he wants for offroad driving and feels like they executed. He said, "use them".
  • Talked about how meticulous they were during testing. He was told to not intentionally damage them, but drive them hard. After each day, they would put them on a lift and inspect for any damage and address... Gave an example of a minor bend in the fuel tank skid plate and the engineers made changes to prevent it.
  • Rock sliders are plenty sufficient. Showed pictures after Rubicon of slight bend to the slider. However, he did point out a scrape to the door panel and said the Wrangler Rubicon with them did not have the body damage. It was because of the way the Bronco body still goes out from the slider, where the Jeep is vertical.
  • He talked about the fact that the fenders (not just the flares) are easily replaceable (bolt on). He expects SEMA to be insane next year after companies get their hands on the Bronco and how simple it is to swap out parts like that.
  • Intake is on passenger side, snorkel has been discussed in meetings as an accessory. He hasn't seen for sure if it will be available from factory, but suspects it will be one of the accessories.
Brand Manager info:
  • The trim level badge (Badlands) is final design.
  • Cameras for 360 will be the front and rear that we have seen and one in each mirror near the lights that I already showed. There is no re-location consideration for when a winch is installed in front.
  • This one will get a lot of heat... The interior is pretty much production as shown. The plastic, the finishes, etc... what you see is pretty much what you will get.
  • Rear seat recline or fixed position? He was not sure.
  • Additional speakers for premium sound? He was not sure.
  • Storage under the rear seat cushion? No, it is flat plastic there.
  • 4 down towable, even with upgraded 4 wheel drive auto - Yes.
  • Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
  • Velocity Blue said to be available at the same time as all of the other colors
  • Front license plate mounting? They have accommodations for this that they will be sharing soon. I took some more pictures of the various Bronco bolts that I think a mount could be bolted to.
  • Confirmed the seats are Leather in this Bronco
Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 1599769283249

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) 1599769283249

Rock Slider attachments:

Pics to show seat height (33" tire so you can try to determine it):

Airbag size on steering wheel concerned someone:

Seat controls (yes the lever on the side is the height adjustment):

Fender flare connections:

A better overhead control shot (someone was asking about the various lights/indicators/words):

Great Pics! Thanks again!

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It definitely should be an accessory. I had previously stated why would they include this in the sport and not the bronco. That would make zero sense. Hopefully it's not super expensive if they do include it and that it's priced around what it cost for the sport.
I'm sure it will be. They're not going to stuff these units with every single available option.

It would be nice to accept that as an excuse, but it was revealed earlier in this thread that what was being shown and photographed as it relates to the interior is production level. If so, Ford should be embarrassed displaying such shoddy quality in their show rig.
Pre-production and "production level" are not mutually exclusive. The vehicle can look mostly production without having exact production tolerances and things fine tuned because it's a pre-production vehicle.

tgunn_ocs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a $130 accessory option on the Sport, you can see it in the Sport B&P. You know the Bronco will have it as accessory as well.
The $130 is for the cargo floor matt. The back of the seats in the Big Bend and up in the Bronco Sport have a rubberized back protector standardm on the seats. This is according to the official order guide. Until I see the official guide, I will reserve judgement.

Speaking of guides, I do look daily on the fleet side of things for the Bronco Guide... it is really a nice resource when factory ordering a vehicle.

Sponsored

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is enough complaining on his post from yesterday. Can we just keep this to questions/answers and information? It would certainly make it a more pleasant and concise read. I wouldn't mind if there was a separate category for complaint threads.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

According to the brand manager: "The interior is pretty much production as shown."
Yes “pretty much”. Thank you for answering your own concerns. ?
“Pretty much” is not quite production quality, which is what everyone is seeing here. Pre-production.......

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be nice to accept that as an excuse, but it was revealed earlier in this thread that what was being shown and photographed as it relates to the interior is production level. If so, Ford should be embarrassed displaying such shoddy quality in their show rig.
I agree, but hope this isn't production level? Ford needs to clean up the crappy looking stuff on the production models. Some of this stuff is concerning.
Sponsored