Sponsored

The problem with the ride quality argument.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The public is so pampered, even a long WB mild offroad package has the
ride quality bellyachers all disheveled.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fx4-suspension-bounce.4037/

Wait until they have to deal with short wheelbase, 31's (or gasp 33's) , and a susp
package that supposed to really be offroad worthy. The grumbling is going to be epic.............
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
See, that's funny, because I see reviews for the Raptor and Ranger Raptor doing nothing but praise the ride. Turns out suspension designed to be capable at speed is also nice and comfy.

Skeets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 2015 Ram 3500
Now it may not be that bad since technology has progressed a bit. An advanced shock package can make all the difference in the world and it will save your teeth.......... Think positive and if they don't make it that way it will cost them sales and they're way ahead of the curve on that ........ :^)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The public is so pampered, even a long WB mild offroad package has the
ride quality bellyachers all disheveled.
Most people making those complaints have no perspective. I've been in/on vehicles that literally have no suspension, even a one ton truck these days is like riding on a fluffy pillow.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most people making those complaints have no perspective. I've been in/on vehicles that literally have no suspension, even a one ton truck these days is like riding on a fluffy pillow.
Agreed. I rode in my buddy's '18 F350 Super Duty 4x4, it was amazingly plush - and without the qualifier "for a big pickup". It rode very cushy even compared to a luxury car.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's funny how the general public thinks they want something hard core when really they want something comfortable with a hardcore image. This is part of the reason I think that Ford could be better off making something with a hardcore image of high speed, it lends itself better to good on-road comfort. If Ford can get a similar image with a cushy high speed suspension they can win people over in the test drives. Now, that doesn't help those of you guys who DO intend to go rock crawling, but hopefully there's some special performance version for that.

The same thing happened with Corvettes before the magnetorheological shocks became a thing. People bought the Z06 high performance package cars and then complained that the ride was stiff and the seats were too tight. If you look at C4 vettes they got softer and softer throughout the model year and in the midcycle refresh they made the seats wider and less well bolstered.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People love to bitch, nothings ever perfect

Sadly, they gotta deal with the lowest common denominator assuming they're gonna be purchasing things, and as I always say, Slipknot was Right

OP
OP

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

That's kind of the whole point. 99% don't go offroad (even those that buy a new bronco won't)
and they are all used to new SUV/CUV ride quality now.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've been in/on vehicles that literally have no suspension, even a one ton truck these days is like riding on a fluffy pillow.
This must be relative to something... either that, or you're delusional

I can tell you that the 2018 Ram 1500 I drive for work has a far stiffer and harsher ride than my 98 GMC stepside. Driving my stepside is like floating on a cloud, driving the ram feels like what would have been considered "sports car suspension" in the 70s (in other words, it's still not ultra stiff or anything, but it actually feels controllable)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gosh, a 20 year old set of springs rides more plush than a new set with a higher capacity, color me surprised.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Gosh, a 20 year old set of springs rides more plush than a new set with a higher capacity, color me surprised.
Well, that's quite a roundabout way of saying "I was talking out my ass"

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that's quite a roundabout way of saying "I was talking out my ass"
You seem confused unless you were describing your own statement.

Heavy equipment, tractors, military equipment etc ... lots of things don't have suspension. Ride in/on some of those all day and you'll realize just how much closer that rough pickup is to a luxury sedan.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You seem confused unless you were describing your own statement.

Heavy equipment, tractors, military equipment etc ... lots of things don't have suspension. Ride in/on some of those all day and you'll realize just how much closer that rough pickup is to a luxury sedan.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? You're telling me that a modern, street-legal pickup truck rides better than a 40 year old design for a vehicle that has a sole purpose of going into the desert and getting blown the hell up? NO WAY, what a profound discovery!

Come on, be real. When you said "trucks these days", you were saying that a modern truck rides like a luxury car compared to the WAY THEY USED TO MAKE THEM IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!11!!1!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I've been in/on vehicles that literally have no suspension, even a one ton truck these days is like riding on a fluffy pillow.
...When you said "trucks these days", you were saying that a modern truck rides like a luxury car compared to the WAY THEY USED TO MAKE THEM IN THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!11!!1!
No, I wasn't. I can't make it any more obvious, but if you want to invent your own meanings to the things I'm saying, have fun. My comment was about perspective, and how people lack it.

The fear of the rough ride is kind of like pain management. Most people have only ever experienced a 1-4, and whine and complain about how much worse 4 was compared to 3 and how awful it is, but someone who has been to 8 would barely consider them different and focus on something else more important when at the same level as the whiners.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lots of heavy epuipment is designed to use the tires for suspension.

for what it's worth my wife loves the ride of my 08 F-150 as compared to my 88 F-250 and before that my 78 F-150. when she first drove it she said "it don't even feel like a truck". I had a hard time getting her not to stab the throttle. She was not used to the "fly-by-wire" deal and she would always squeal this tries when she would leave a red light, not to mention burning through a lot of gas. "Just rest your foot on it" I'd say "don't push it". LOL
Sponsored