Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is your Bronco pre 9/2021?
If not you already have the hardtop prep kit installed which includes all the necessary mounts and connections to install a MIC or aftermarket hardtop.
It was delivered on 10/23/21. The blend date was 8/6/21 but it was recalled then re-released on 9/24/21. I was never told the reason why. Hopefully I do have the prep kit. Do you know how can I check?
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice. But why slant back? Not a fan.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1-2 years late is incorrect. Pre-orders started 2/28/2022. Original timelines to start shipping hardtops was August for one-pieces and September for Modular. We are currently 5 months late, which yes, is not ideal. However we took our time to perfect the top and we are very certain that our product is leaps ahead anything else in the market. We (just like all other companies in the world) have been fighting supply chain issues. We are finally at the 99 yard line and just currently waiting on rubber before we can start final assembly. As for the hardtop prep kit, that has been put to the side for now until the hardtop pre-orders are fulfilled. We will re-visit that at a later date.
Perfect response of the year goes to ADV. I’m not happy with lengthy delays, but when you give the above respond, I’m happy to to keep on keepin on!

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Today I went to my Ford dealer to look into the parts for the hard top prep kit. My Bronco was built in August of 2021, about a month before Ford started adding prep kits to soft tops. Because none of the aftermarket hardtops are out yet, the people at my Ford dealer didnt know anything about the prep kits. We tried to find it on the dealer's Ford website, but couldn't find anything. So I called ADV and John from ADV was incredibly helpful. He immediately emailed me the Ford parts list, which he learned from this forum. The also genuinely helpful Ford rep then plugged in the part numbers and we found everything I need.

The only bad thing is that the prep kit parts are an additional $591. If I skip the rear wiper and just get mounting brackets and the wire assembly for the rear defrost it will be about $257.

Here are the Ford Part Numbers and prices:

- Turn Signal Switch for Heated Steering wheel - M2DZ-3F791-CB (DB without heated steering wheel). $283.33
- Windshield hose - M2DZ-17A605-AA. $15.22
- Wire Assembly - M2DZ-15A657-A $52.33

Brackets for factory hardtop:
- Bracket Soft top mounts - M2DZ-78245A26-B $90.87
and M2DZ-78245A27-B. $113.85

I'm not entirely sure about the rear defrost wiring assembly, but I figure that in the worst case I can wire it to one of my auxiliary switches.

If anyone with more experience in these things than me (which is pretty much everyone) has any feedback, please chime in.

Sponsored

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I might have missed it, please have mercy with me, if my softtop has the wiper hose and power connector, am I ready for the aftermarket hardtop?

Thanks 👍

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I might have missed it, please have mercy with me, if my softtop has the wiper hose and power connector, am I ready for the aftermarket hardtop?

Thanks 👍
Yes

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan to place an order but not before better close-up videos come out either from the AFC or from one of the 6G members. But so far it looks like it will be a winner.
Same for me. My MIC top 7/20/20 reservation should be delivered this week, and I'll either sell the MIC top and buy the ADV or get the MyTop power soft top when it starts shipping.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@ADV Fiberglass

Out of curiosity, what were the final poll numbers when you decided on the slant back? You chose the right one imo but I'm having a hard time believing people actually prefer the MIC/Anderson angle. Just curios.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass

Out of curiosity, what were the final poll numbers when you decided on the slant back? You chose the right one imo but I'm having a hard time believing people actually prefer the MIC/Anderson angle. Just curios.
We decided on the slant because we wanted to follow the retro bronco lines and also provide a different product than the factory top.

Sponsored

CDawg297!

Badlands
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I went to my Ford dealer to look into the parts for the hard top prep kit. My Bronco was built in August of 2021, about a month before Ford started adding prep kits to soft tops. Because none of the aftermarket hardtops are out yet, the people at my Ford dealer didnt know anything about the prep kits. We tried to find it on the dealer's Ford website, but couldn't find anything. So I called ADV and John from ADV was incredibly helpful. He immediately emailed me the Ford parts list, which he learned from this forum. The also genuinely helpful Ford rep then plugged in the part numbers and we found everything I need.

The only bad thing is that the prep kit parts are an additional $591. If I skip the rear wiper and just get mounting brackets and the wire assembly for the rear defrost it will be about $257.

Here are the Ford Part Numbers and prices:

- Turn Signal Switch for Heated Steering wheel - M2DZ-3F791-CB (DB without heated steering wheel). $283.33
- Windshield hose - M2DZ-17A605-AA. $15.22
- Wire Assembly - M2DZ-15A657-A $52.33

Brackets for factory hardtop:
- Bracket Soft top mounts - M2DZ-78245A26-B $90.87
and M2DZ-78245A27-B. $113.85

I'm not entirely sure about the rear defrost wiring assembly, but I figure that in the worst case I can wire it to one of my auxiliary switches.

If anyone with more experience in these things than me (which is pretty much everyone) has any feedback, please chime in.
were you able to get the hardtop brackets from your parts department? I tried looking into it and they said they are back ordered with no ETA

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

were you able to get the hardtop brackets from your parts department? I tried looking into it and they said they are back ordered with no ETA
I didn't order them at the time because I hadn't and still haven't made a decision on the ADV hardtop, so I'm not sure.

Race Red Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1-2 years late is incorrect. Pre-orders started 2/28/2022. Original timelines to start shipping hardtops was August for one-pieces and September for Modular. We are currently 5 months late, which yes, is not ideal. However we took our time to perfect the top and we are very certain that our product is leaps ahead anything else in the market. We (just like all other companies in the world) have been fighting supply chain issues. We are finally at the 99 yard line and just currently waiting on rubber before we can start final assembly. As for the hardtop prep kit, that has been put to the side for now until the hardtop pre-orders are fulfilled. We will re-visit that at a later date.
😂 :ROFLMAO:😂😂:ROFLMAO:😂:ROFLMAO:

@ADV Fiberglass

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is great news that ADV is at the 99 yard line - so nothing to worry about!

Ford Bronco ADV Prototype Hardtop - Detailed Pictures & Videos 1699030051528