First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
By chance did you get any pics of the inside facing of the cover? ARB makes reference to there being additional structural bracketing but without any image of what they're talking about.
"Computer-optimized, cross-brace design within the differential cover increases the structural rigidity of the axle acting as a truss"

I believe this is what you are referring to.

What they are talking about here is the design element. The outside design has extra material left to right to simulate a continuous support from axle tube to axle tube when bolted on. There is 2 bolts on each side aligned with the axle tubes. You can plainly see the extra structure that is built up across the cover acting like a truss or girdle. That extra material is on the exterior, not on interior of cover.Hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say bud.

Ford Bronco Bronco Team 2 door. IMG_20230201_153709
Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
By chance did you get any pics of the inside facing of the cover? ARB makes reference to there being additional structural bracketing but without any image of what they're talking about.
Hey Rick I did take pic of the inside. I forgot I did so.

IMG_20230201_143102.jpg

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's a damn nice dip stick solution.

Casting looks crisp and high quality as well. What you expect from a quality manufacturer like ARB.
The only thing you are required to do when you install is notch the dipstick. The instructions advice you to set the oem cover next to the new cover and with the dipstick installed on new cover mark the dipstick where the fill opening bottom lip is on oem. This way you know when your diff is properly full. The dipstick doesn't have the low or full marks. Once you mark it, take dipstick out and notch it with a edged file blade.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got the Grumpster all detailed today. Ceramic coat and undercarriage detailed.

IMG_20230202_135705.jpg

IMG_20230202_135654.jpg

IMG_20230202_135640.jpg

IMG_20230202_135630.jpg

IMG_20230202_135617.jpg

IMG_20230202_135608.jpg

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the change in fluid volume of the diff with that cover?
When you install it the first time you mark the dipstick by aligning the factory cover up next to the arb cover. Then mark the dipstick at the height of the bottom of the fill hole from the factory cover. That way the level of the gear oil on the gears is the same. More oil is not better in the differential, it should cover the gears at the same depth regardless of the cover. It does come out to almost exactly the specified volume, so you could simply fill it with just under 2 qts. and then mark your dipstick for future reference. If you don't mark the dipstick there is no way to tell if it is full or not.
Sponsored