Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything else is meh to me and let’s be damn honest I would have a serious case of FOMO if I didn’t buy a Bronco and some yerk off down the street rides past me with the top off playin Bob Seger. Now that would just piss me off
?
Sponsored

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If not the Bronco I will look at the C8 Corvette. Totally different direction.

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I really want to hate myself.

New defender $95k

raptor/TRX $80k

from someone that’s going badlands/Sasquatch/lux

Last edited:

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
Just another F150 with a v8. I wanted to switch to an SUV, but they all look like little cars now, and I need an off road capable vehicle because I live off road - literally. There aren't many vehicles that have the clearance to drive down my road. I'm hoping they don't keep putting off the date of the Bronco so I am not forced to get a new truck first, or do some expensive repairs on mine which is past 150k miles now.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bronco against....... ummm.... Truck, no, family hauler, no, sports car, no. New boat, no, well maybe a kayak I could haul on the roof of my new Bronco. Should I put leather seats and a new steering wheel wrap in the Mustang? Think the bearing on the idler pulley may be going bad also. Should I do these before I get my Bronco or after so I will not wear them out daily driving it? Silver with really large tires, don't really like those aux switches... Hope for gray interior instead of black for Base.

What was the question??

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re cross shopping the Bronco with another vehicle I am afraid you haven’t really gotten to understand what the Bronco is really about. ?
Being a good consumer and being wise with your money means you always consider your options, even if it's a vehicle you really want. Also, some of us have been holding on to older vehicles waiting for this Bronco to go into production.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Being a good consumer and being wise with your money means you always consider your options, even if it's a vehicle you really want. Also, some of us have been holding on to older vehicles waiting for this Bronco to go into production.
You make a valid point and it makes perfect sense if one is considering just a transport for the daily tedious drive, a commuter car if you please.

The Bronco is an emotional purchase for most of us. It makes little logic in many ways and yet it is compelling as only an object of lust can be. Comparing it with another car to make the “wise” decision is ultimately an indication that the magic is missing.

The Bronco may be just another way to commute for some but for the majority of us I suspect it is not.?

Sponsored

Rion

Big Bend
First Name
Rion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
4Runner Sport, or Tacoma 4door.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I‘d be interested in seeing the new Element. I’d like to see all the cool stuff still there and that weird body gone.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘d be interested in seeing the new Element. I’d like to see all the cool stuff still there and that weird body gone.
We had an Element SC - it was cool, but it had issues - it would randomly (maybe once a year) lose electrical power at highway speeds ... multiple trips to the dealer to get it resolved were unsuccessful.. .we ended up getting rid of it. I had no idea it was coming back

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been through a lot of vehicles over the years and the Jeep Commander was my favorite of them all. The Bronco will be my 1st Ford Vehicle (other than the ford engine in my motorhome).
I love my commander, wife currently drives it daily. 06 5.7 with 149k on it. 2 water pumps 3 starters 2 sets of front diff bushings and I'd still buy another one tomorrow if they made them. Im thinking the 4door might be a suitable replacement for it..

dcdtn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Escape, 18 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A little surprised at the number of people cross shopping with full size trucks. I have a 2018 Tundra I plan to keep but looking for something more maneuverable and fun.

A CUV is the practical choice but I’d rather go with something more exciting like a 2 door Bronco or Jeep (my second choice).
Sponsored