Sponsored

Would you feel bad if a bigger Bronco model was added later?

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel like the bronco sport is what missed and should be called something else and doesn't belong in the bronco lineup.

In my perfect world they would have built the current bronco as is for hardcore offroading and direct jeep wrangler competitor and similar to the early broncos; and then also build a full size bronco on the raptor frame with same front and rear lockers, disco, removeable doors/roof, tailgate and a big V8. This big bronco would appeal to the overland folks, bigger families, hunting and multiple dog folks and would be more similar the big broncos of the 80s and 90s.

I would buy the big full size bronco first and then buy the current (little) one later. Both would be awesome, have a purpose, appeal to different folks and play on past bronco heritage....instead we got the sport....ugh.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh heck no. That would be way too small. They really should make a 6 door, 4 row, 42” tires, 700 hp v16 with 1000 lbs feet of torque. I’m sure that would satisfy everyone complaining about only 4 and 6 cylinder engines. Oh wait, then people would complain a v20 isn’t offered ;)
That'll be perfect for towing three boats! A necessity for me.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I won’t feel bad, I’ll just buy it lol. I anticipate the 4 door Bronco will prove to be too small for me, even as a weekend toy. I also anticipate many different Bronco models coming down the pipeline, and I will probably own a few of them.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. I like the way it will fit in my garage and some narrow trails that I look forward to taking it on.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldnt be mad, I would be calculating trade ins. But only if it wasnt any longer than the 4 door, and available in a manual with a version of godzilla instead of the cammer. I really think people could live with a big 2 type door suv if it had suicide rear doors aswell. I think if it was full convertible like this bronco a rearward opening smaller rear door with big fat roll bar surrounding the entire opening would be pretty damn cool.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The manual is the most appealing thing about the Bronco for me, followed by the size. I doubt anything larger would be available with a manual and that's not what I'm after, personally.

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm with you. I'd feel bad if Ford came out with a smaller one!
If the 4th gen Suzuki Jimny had come to the states I might not even be on this forum.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No
Had a ‘72 Blazer, I like the smaller footprint of the new Bronco.

Sponsored

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh heck no. That would be way too small. They really should make a 6 door, 4 row, 42” tires, 700 hp v16 with 1000 lbs feet of torque. I’m sure that would satisfy everyone complaining about only 4 and 6 cylinder engines. Oh wait, then people would complain a v20 isn’t offered ;)
Don’t forget it has to have a manual with crawler gear made in USA or Germany. Also, it must come in green or Leadfoot only. And the most important thing, starts ar $31,500 and filly loaded is only $37,999. I wouldn’t get it though, those damn engineers screwed up the fold flat seats. How am I and my 3 dogs going to sleep in that down by the river!

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm coming from a 2015 F150 SuperCrew so if Ford builds it(4 door), I'll buy it! I've had 2 Bronco IIs and after them a first year and last year 4G Bronco. I love the room.

Last edited:

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. I like the size this is.

BronCody

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, lifted, all terrains
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100%. The biggest negative to me is the size of the Bronco, since im attempting to use it as the family hauler. I will definitely need a roof box. I would trade in the Bronco and take a loss if they released the car OP is describing.
Sponsored