Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Pay extra for the mid-package please"

"Hmmm... What does that include??"

"shiny lights, censors, & mics that track your conversations hehe ;) "
You can't get less tech.

I think every one of these will have FordPass which is just Big Brother.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a new one.
Meh, the clearances they run in modern motors there's no advantage to letting them sit there and idle. You'll get heat much faster getting in and driving after a 30 second to a minute warm up (whatever length of time it takes for the idle to drop to its normal operating range). You're just wasting gas otherwise. Not to mention you've now got a warmed up motor turning components farther down the driveline that are still ice cold. I didn't do it before I had remote start and I don't do it now that I do. I think it's a useless feature.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 cylinder for gas mileage and fuel economy. I want the best MPG's.
I understand, but should you really be concerned with a 2 mpg difference in gas mileage on a $50k vehicle?

You're probably going to have a $600-$700 monthly payment and the gas savings will be like $20/month lol.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, you must live somewhere ridiculously hot year round if you don’t want remote start. Who TF doesn’t want remote start?? ??
Because all Broncos have remote start with or without the Mid Package. All Broncos have FordPass Connect which means you can remote start it from your phone.

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
If plan to use it as your daily or long trips, I would argue the 2.7 is extremely worth the money if you are going automatic. A larger engine will have to work less, therefore it will be less stressed. This will lead to a longer life. You'll spend a bit more upfront and on gas, but you'll get a few extra years outta it. Especially if you go Sasquatch. Engine will have to work harder to spin those 35 MT tires.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Four Door Badlands - $44590
Destination Charge - $1495
Standard Package - $0
Sasquatch - $2500
2.3 EcoBoost with Auto Tranmission - $1600
Grey Hardtop - $700

Total: $50885
This is my dilemma, if things go over $50k, then the Lexus GX becomes a much nicer ride with much higher quality throughout. Granted it is a little dated on design, but it is still a body on frame 4wd with a V8 and excellent pedigree. Form over function leans Bronco, otherwise it is GX. Like 90% of buyers, I will not be beltline deep in mud or rocks, so off-road chops don't matter that much. Build and price will probably make my mind up.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It should be standard on all cars, remote start is amazing. There’s nothing better than starting my car by telling Alexa to start it and then going to get in and it’s nice and warm and the seats and steering wheel are nice and warm. Why would you want to freeze? Because your dad did or because you did as a kid? Lol.
Some people don't need tech. I don't need to spend 3K when i can walk 30 feet to start my car and let it run while i drink my coffee in the morning. I don't need heated seats or steering wheel either.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have to say that I am a "less technology" kind of guy. It's not because I'm against having technology in a vehicle, because I'm not (after all I'm only 29). I just don't think it is needed or practical for me in a Bronco. I have been driving without driver assist features my whole life. The only vehicles I drive with these new things are our company vehicles and my wife's Edge Titanium and I never pay attention to them. I use my mirrors, look behind me, and keep my attention on my surroundings. Plus, more technology means more things that can possibly malfunction or break altogether. This means more time in a shop and more money out of my pocket in the long run. My wife's Edge Titanium has all these driver assist features and my wife loves them, but I never use them. Since this Bronco is a vehicle I plan on keeping for the remaining duration of my life, it seems pointless to opt in for a bunch of things that 1. I will never use, and 2. I will eventually have to fix/replace.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people don't need tech. I don't need to spend 3K when i can walk 30 feet to start my car and let it run while i drink my coffee in the morning. I don't need heated seats or steering wheel either.
Well, that’s illegal actually and gets many a cars stolen.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because all Broncos have remote start with or without the Mid Package. All Broncos have FordPass Connect which means you can remote start it from your phone.
Well that’s still remote start so again the question was why would anyone be so against having the option on their car? It’s a good feature.

People who park in their garage?
I remote start my car in my garage, garages aren’t exactly super warm unless they’re heated. Besides you can start your car at a restaurant, someone else’s house, the mall. Anywhere. I always let my cars idle in the winter for a little bit, preferably before I’m sitting in it freezing.
Sponsored