Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Survey pricing gets me only so far. What if Ford were to actually offer upgraded tires? or wheels? How much to add a locker to the BB? Does the 'upgraded' 4 Door Hard Top (for the base) come with tinted windows? There are many things that could be added (or not) once we see B&P. Then it's a question of can I deal with the colors for a Base that I don't like? Because V6 + Auto + Hard Top are mandatory in my book. And a minimum of 33's (not the skinny ones either).

I know the wife will just try to push me into a 4 Door Big Bend. But she's more comfortable with spending money, I HATE IT!
I thought I saw somewhere that upgrading to 33's on Base or Big Bend some gearing has to be changed as well, is that true?
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm having a hard time finding which colors are available with which trim. But I see a lot of people saying Velocity Blue. Is that even an option for a base? Or is that like Race Red and requires higher trim?

On Ford's site with the colorizer, the Antimatter Blue looks nice. But in every pic we've seen (either the bronco painted pics, or the color samples) it looks too black for me. Velocity would be nice, I just didn't think it'd be on a Base.

Time to go use the search feature again :rolleyes:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought I saw somewhere that upgrading to 33's on Base or Big Bend some gearing has to be changed as well, is that true?
Depends on what you mean by 'gearing HAS to be changed'. Because technically, it doesn't have to be changed, but it will help turn the tires a little easier. Plus the lower gears will help me with towing. So the 3.73's (stock) will still tow, but 4.10's would be a little better and so on.

So, not necessarily a requirement, but a bonus to have the lower gears. My wife's Jeep has 342's I believe. And it doesn't tow for shit. I think he old Jeep had 3.73's and did tow much better. Both Jeeps ran 33's, and the newer one with the higher gears seems a little slower as well. But of course this is a Jeep, so take it for what it's worth.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not "needed" but helps when you go up a tire size. Other thing is your speedometer will also be off slightly. So will need to do some mental math each time you check your speed unless you get that adjusted.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Depends on what you mean by 'gearing HAS to be changed'. Because technically, it doesn't have to be changed, but it will help turn the tires a little easier. Plus the lower gears will help me with towing. So the 3.73's (stock) will still tow, but 4.10's would be a little better and so on.

So, not necessarily a requirement, but a bonus to have the lower gears. My wife's Jeep has 342's I believe. And it doesn't tow for shit. I think he old Jeep had 3.73's and did tow much better. Both Jeeps ran 33's, and the newer one with the higher gears seems a little slower as well. But of course this is a Jeep, so take it for what it's worth.
I am not planning to do any sort of Towing on the Bronco, I have a Pilot if I have to do any towing, if not I will just rent a U-Haul.

Good to know that I don't have to spend any extra Monies to any other mechanical changes. I would be Happy with Base with 33's.

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me, I pretty sure at least, the Base 4 Door is the best value. I need the 4 doors and auto. More so if the options list lets us do a lot of a la cart stuff on the Base. The only thing I know for sure, right now, is Base 4 Door + 2.7 + Aux Switches. Hoping I can add a rear LSD (more useful for me) or at least bump gearing to 4.27. I'll do the E-Locker if that is the only choice to get the gearing. Otherwise, I'll just run open diffs. Also hoping for a tire/wheel change to 235/85R16 or 255/75R17. Black steelies would be fine, otherwise something in a 5 or 6 spoke type design in black. I won't be able to do the color I want (CG), but I'm okay with Carbonized Gray or Iconic Silver, maybe Velocity Blue. I think those would go best with blackish (CG, I think) trim.
100% agree. The 4-DR BASE with auto standard is a huge value. Even if you get top of the line aftermarket tires you'll have savings. Add individual features from Mid-Package and higher trims and it is THE trim to get.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm having a hard time finding which colors are available with which trim. But I see a lot of people saying Velocity Blue. Is that even an option for a base? Or is that like Race Red and requires higher trim?

On Ford's site with the colorizer, the Antimatter Blue looks nice. But in every pic we've seen (either the bronco painted pics, or the color samples) it looks too black for me. Velocity would be nice, I just didn't think it'd be on a Base.

Time to go use the search feature again :rolleyes:
VELOCITY BLUE should be available on the BASE and we learned there is no delay on when it'll be delivered. Which is amazing!

Ford Bronco Base Model or Big Bend? Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.02.20 AM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the gearing change would be more important on the 2.3 with auto for tire size increase. The manual has like a 4.46 final drive ratio and the 2.7 has the added torque.

If I do the 2.7, I'd still like to change the gearing, but not a deal breaker. If I keep the 2.3, I need the change since I'm going auto. This is the reason I keep looking at the BB, plus the access to Cactus Gray!!

My only real issue with the Base.....the tire size. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but couldn't Ford at least start at 265/75R16?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

VELOCITY BLUE should be available on the BASE and we learned there is no delay on when it'll be delivered. Which is amazing!

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 10.02.20 AM.png
Thank you for that. I couldn't find this chart on Ford.com and trying to come up with the correct search term over here I was getting nothing.

This makes my decision a little easier to go back to my original build: 4 Door (Base) + Squatch + V6 + Hard Top in Velocity Blue.

Now if only someone could work their magic and get me Race Red I'd be in heaven! My '12 Mustang V6 BASE came in Race Red... All trim levels should have that color! :mad:

Edit: Now I gotta go find the posts with the Bronco's rendered in Velocity Blue, always something ha ha.

And lastly, I think those are the 2 things that have people on the fence between Base & Big Bend.... Tire Size & Color. Otherwise Big Bend wouldn't even be needed here.

Edit #2: Found it... I think I could rock this...

Ford Bronco Base Model or Big Bend? 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Velocity-BlueBronco6G.com

Though I'd still prefer this....

Ford Bronco Base Model or Big Bend? 2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch Race-RedBronco6G.com

Last edited:

Sponsored

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the gearing change would be more important on the 2.3 with auto for tire size increase. The manual has like a 4.46 final drive ratio and the 2.7 has the added torque.

If I do the 2.7, I'd still like to change the gearing, but not a deal breaker. If I keep the 2.3, I need the change since I'm going auto. This is the reason I keep looking at the BB, plus the access to Cactus Gray!!

My only real issue with the Base.....the tire size. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but couldn't Ford at least start at 265/75R16?
The 265/75R16 is probably what I’ll slap onto the base rims. I run that same size tire on my Frontier.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went from base to BB and in last few days back to base. OJ white or CG...
The 265/75R16 is probably what I’ll slap onto the base rims. I run that same size tire on my Frontier.
Are they All Season or All Terrain? I found All Season which looks like All Terrain in Walmart for $74.00

Ford Bronco Base Model or Big Bend? 1599837841090

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The longer I wait on the B&P, the longer I can't make up my mind here. And the line I made 'bold' in the quote does ring true in so many ways. The one reason I consider the Big Bend is because I WANT 'Race Red'. I'm trying to convince myself that AB will work, but it's too black for me.

Basically, my ideal build would be: 4 Door Base (comes with Auto) + v6 + Squatch + Hard Top. The only 2 things I'm missing are auto start and a color that I would actually like!

My optional build is: 2 Door Big Bend (comes with hard top) + v6 + Auto + Tow in Race Red. Upon delivery take to a shop and slap something like Nitto Ridge Grappler 285's (33's) on there, for about $1,000. The one thing I'm missing here is the space of the 4 door.

Optional build #2: 2 Door Black Diamond (comes with hard top) + v6 + Auto + Tow in Race Red. Only benefit to ME in this one over the BB is the washout interior & rear locker. I don't need the bash plates or rock rails. My Bronco won't ever be rock crawling, maybe play a little in the mud at most.

I find this is going to be a difficult decision for me to build either way. I'm looking to stay closer to $40k or less, because I drive a lot of miles and don't want to be spending more then that. Obviously that number will be close to $40k, maybe a little higher, maybe a little less, that's just my target point.

So I probably brought nothing to the discussion here, just stating what I'm looking at.
My preferred build was the Black Diamond, mainly for the rear locker and Cyber Orange availability. I had never considered the Big Bend until I found out you can get it with the rear locker (probable cost ~$500). So, 4dr Big Bend, 2.7L, hardtop, rear locker in Cactus Grey saves me $2500-ish relative to the Black Diamond. I don't need metal bumpers, rails, etc. rubber floor is nice, but really who cares. Cloth makes me sweat a lot less than vinyl too. Tires are a bit taller than the BD too which I can upsize when the stocks wear out. Also, I prefer BB aluminum to BD steel rims & hoping they weigh a bit less too.

I was all over Squatch until I realized it was mostly because of looks and ride height for me. I won't go offroad too much and Squatch wheels will be a bear on the highway.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I run A/Ts. Looks like a great price on those Coopers