Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lets talk wiring it to begin with follow this

Now let's talk Aux switch. Yes many have showed other ways this is for the guy that needs someone to say do this then this. Not the guy that can tell me 50 different ways to do it.

OK lets get started

Watch this

Now you at least have an idea. Now what Aux do you want to use?
Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install Wiring 2

Now get that wire from under hood. Connect it to the White wire or the Brown wire white stripe it doesn't matter but if you or another person has used one use the other. To connect use a (Blue 14-16AWG connecter see pic)
Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1619

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1626

Now after the wire is connected. Go behind the Glove Box. You will see both the white and Brown wire.

At this point you will need some wire run it from the drivers side fusebox to the wires beside the glovebox (Below are pics of how I did it). Once wire it run to glovebox connect it to the same color wire you connected outside white or brown with white stripe. Now go back to the fusebox side cut wire and connect it to the plug that is on the dome light kit for Aux. And you are done.

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1620

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1621
Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1622
Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1624
Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1625
Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install IMG_1623

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install bronco-aux-switches-upfitter-wiring-diagram-jpe

((See post 4 for another option ))
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much easier and cleaner to run your wire through the grommet above brake pedal than to the glovebox.
I 100% agree but many have never done anything like that or this and the idea was to just make it easy for that guy. Putting a hole in a rubber grommet and pushing a wire through it is just scary for the guy who has never wired anything. My 93 cobra runs MS3 with tuner studios and uses a laptop but again this was to help the other guy. But you are welcome to take the time to make a thread and take pics maybe that guy will use your way I even have 0 issues with you posting on this thread.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sure no problem.

To run your aux wire through the grommet in firewall, first cut off about 3’ of 18g wire. Crimp the spade connector IAG supplied for Aux connection on one side. Then pull off the grommet on firewall above brake pedal. Don’t be afraid, it pulls off and goes back in really easy.

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install 446D557E-A89B-47E7-B1C8-646915D8B609

Poke a hole on the rubber grommet with a screw driver or something similar, or get wild and drill a hole in it like I do. Now poke the other end of wire through the grommet. The rubber is sort of “self healing” and will make a tight seal around the wire. Now push the grommet back where it came from.

Here is a view from the engine bay, the wire will end up within inches of the Aux wire leads. Choose your Aux wire of choice corresponding with the chart OP posted above, and connect as OP has shown.

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install E2E8AD3C-C2B2-4A34-8C49-6A1DE9E2541E

My pics show two wires going through grommet, the black wire is the supply for my amp. This complicated my run a bit, took about 4 minutes rather than the 3 it will take if your grommet is still virgin.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks all! To OP for kicking off the thread and his great detail, and KSJ for a detailed alternate.

Sponsored

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure no problem.

To run your aux wire through the grommet in firewall, first cut off about 3’ of 18g wire. Crimp the spade connector IAG supplied for Aux connection on one side. Then pull off the grommet on firewall above brake pedal. Don’t be afraid, it pulls off and goes back in really easy.

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install E2E8AD3C-C2B2-4A34-8C49-6A1DE9E2541E

Poke a hole on the rubber grommet with a screw driver or something similar, or get wild and drill a hole in it like I do. Now poke the other end of wire through the grommet. The rubber is sort of “self healing” and will make a tight seal around the wire. Now push the grommet back where it came from.

Here is a view from the engine bay, the wire will end up within inches of the Aux wire leads. Choose your Aux wire of choice corresponding with the chart OP posted above, and connect as OP has shown.

My pics show two wires going through grommet, the black wire is the supply for my amp. This complicated my run a bit, took about 4 minutes rather than the 3 it will take if your grommet is still virgin.
Huh well that’s interesting… I don’t have that on my bronco. Just the big wire loom grommet.

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? Mines a 21, what year is yours?
2022 with manual. Maybe the third pedal makes it go away. It was a PITA trying to get through the firewall for my midland mxt275 antenna wire. That big wire loom boot is like 2 boots with an air gap. I only had one other grommet and it was for the parking brake or clutch wire.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2022 with manual. Maybe the third pedal makes it go away. It was a PITA trying to get through the firewall for my midland mxt275 antenna wire. That big wire loom boot is like 2 boots with an air gap. I only had one other grommet and it was for the parking brake or clutch wire.
Very interesting! My buddy has a 22 AT and his has the grommet, ran his lights the same way last night. Sounds like MT will need to go the long way.

Is yours a 2 door? Im wondering if they really stamp a different body for MT.

D-TownBorn

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure no problem.

This is the way

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's absolutely because you have a MT, all of us that have MT have the same configuration (no spare grommet doesn't matter the age of your build) If you want you can poke through the existing wire harness grommet.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Very interesting! My buddy has a 22 AT and his has the grommet, ran his lights the same way last night. Sounds like MT will need to go the long way.

Is yours a 2 door? Im wondering if they really stamp a different body for MT.
On a manual Bronco that grommet spot is used for the clutch master cylinder line.

Ford Bronco IAG LED Dome Light Kit Aux wiring install 745FE025-78C5-41C5-98DC-EA4F005B5A90

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ah that makes sense. Great info thanks. We can thank the gear rowers for our blank grommet 🤣
I have the hybrid from factory, and it doesn’t self heal lol. Should have mine from @flip on Monday as didn't feel like dealing with local dealer for $15.

20230205_123619.jpg
Sponsored