Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job on the de-brief. Since that was the leather interior, that's about as good as it's gonna get. Here's hoping the Vinyl looks better.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haha, finally someone that understands!

It's possible stitching combos could change depending on color and/or cloth/leather.

I don't think we've seen one yet, unfortunately.

I'm sure more things to complain about will come up lol

That'd be an interesting/"easy" after the fact way to do it - sounds similar to how they offer an extra camera to put onto trailers on the Super Duties that hooks up to the factory interior screen.

Well, plenty of people pay extra to get the massive RAPTOR sticker on the side of the bed of their Raptor.

Would I like a sticker? Not necessarily. Is it the end of the world? No.
A sticker is the least of my concerns. My concerns are interiors colors/quality and black painted roof.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few more pics from Friday morning/early afternoon. I really felt like I could not improve on irv0735's photos from Day One. He hit it out of the park, especially considering the weather conditions that day. When I saw his photos Wednesday, my wife said I reacted "like the kid in the candy store." I insist that I was no such thing. Yet, after seeing his photos, that's when I decided I needed to find time to run up from Santa Fe and today was the only chance I had this weekend. Eight and a half hours of driving for ~2 hours of special Bronco time was not optional but well worth it. I'll chip in a few more photos, but seriously, Wednesday's batch was impossible to improve upon, IMO.

I installed an aftermarket version of this in my FJ that is wider but slightly less robust. Seeing it in person, this looks stout and is one of those "little things" they did that I love about this truck if you want. But once vendors catch up, you can DIY if you want to also, at your speed and budget, which I like even more..

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2961

I'm gonna join the chorus of those who think the contrasting grille color is just kinda meh in this metallic tone. I would prefer it matched the accent color or the body color. But white top/white grille would be great, too, like the FJ series. The slot on top of the winch is where the rep said Ford engineers were considering placing an optional camera to stand in for the grille-mounted trail cam when a winch and bar block it, like this one.

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2966

A little more suspension detail.

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2969

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2989

Interior roof detail, showing the release points for the three panels. Rep confirmed they were pretty easy to remove/replace with the rack intact.

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2981

One of my biggest concerns was seeing where the sliders are mounted to the body. There are two mount points (this is one). I cited my concerns and the rep said the testers who ran the Rubicon were pleased with how they held up when attacked by actual boulders, not just the lab-created ones.

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2983

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few more pics from Friday morning/early afternoon. I really felt like I could not improve on irv0735's photos from Day One. He hit it out of the park, especially considering the weather conditions that day. When I saw his photos Wednesday, my wife said I reacted "like the kid in the candy store." I insist that I was no such thing. Yet, after seeing his photos, that's when I decided I needed to find time to run up from Santa Fe and today was the only chance I had this weekend. Eight and a half hours of driving for ~2 hours of special Bronco time was not optional but well worth it. I'll chip in a few more photos, but seriously, Wednesday's batch was impossible to improve upon, IMO.

Thanks for the kudos and for adding all of the additional great information from your visit as well as these additional photos. Always great to get more angles as everyone is interested in different pieces! Great work today and glad you decided to make the trip. I still think everyone should see it in person if they have a reasonable chance to!

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oops, one other thing he mentioned. Not sure if this has been covered, but honestly, I'm having trouble keeping up with our 143-page comments.

Anyways, the rep confirmed that removing the doors requires a single bolt to be removed on the bottom pin of each door, plus unplugging a small wire loom on each. I wanted to be sure it wasn't just as easy as pulling it up and off/dropping it back onto the two hinge pins. The top freely sits and rotates on the pin, but the bottom one is bolted and needs to have the bolt removed/replaced for whatever door is on. It's not a "Bronco bolt." Take care not lose your bolts...

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I HAVE to recognize this beautiful Baja Bronco with a Stroppe sticker still on it. There were dozens of gorgeous specimens there, but this one laid me low. I walked up to the driver and, after wiping my drool off his mirror, asked if he wouldn't mind if I took a photo so I could steal the stripe design for my 2021 Bronco. And that was a serious comment. Gonna steal that decal design from the rear panel, too.

Ford Bronco Q&A and Pics From Bronco Super Celebration West – Day 2 (by irv0735) IMG_2988

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd just as soon have a sticker over a badge. A badge can get damaged cleaning and are also prime items to be stolen.
I don't agree. I replaced the 5.0 fender emblems on my Mustang with expensive Ford Performance emblems, and they haven't been damaged or stolen. I suggest you never take any vehicle through an automated car wash. Worse thing ever for your cars paint. True, the emblems could be pried off, but it would take time and heat, times two. One emblem isn't worth much without the other. What's stopping someone from stealing the bucking horse emblem off the tailgate? Or the Ford Blue Oval emblem from the other side of the tailgate? Emblem thieft isn't a problem! I'd rather have nice emblems than cheap stickers. If your afraid your emblems are going to be stolen? Maybe you should move to a nicer area? Or stay out of the hood! Just say'n. Player!

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree. 50 grand is a lot of money to pay for a vehicle your not in love with. I wanted a bronco but at 50 grand I can get a luxury f150 exactly the way I want.

Then you didn't want a Bronco.

no offense

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't agree. I replaced the 5.0 fender emblems on my Mustang with expensive Ford Performance emblems, and they haven't been damaged or stolen. I suggest you never take any vehicle through an automated car wash. Worse thing ever for your cars paint. True, the emblems could be pried off, but it would take time and heat, times two. One emblem isn't worth much without the other. What's stopping someone from stealing the bucking horse emblem off the tailgate? Or the Ford Blue Oval emblem from the other side of the tailgate? Emblem thieft isn't a problem! I'd rather have nice emblems than cheap stickers. If your afraid your emblems are going to be stolen? Maybe you should move to a nicer area? Or stay out of the hood! Just say'n. Player!
You could express your opinion without the attitude. Just because you haven't had issues doesn't mean someone else situation is the same. You may also want to consider that a lot of crime happens in "nicer" areas because people there tend to have more things worth stealing.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know man...I hear all these speculations and wishes that thing were like this or this, sometimes it makes me sort of doubt, or say," yeah!, what the hell was Ford thinking?!"....

Then I listen to every single dude/ chick who has seen one in person...and every one says it is fuckin' awesome. That means a lot to me, can't wait to see one, drive one, own one.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A sticker is the least of my concerns. My concerns are interiors colors/quality and black painted roof.

I agree with the first part, not so much the last. My biggest concern is when I'm fu....d, I can get out and on to where I am going. That is all I ask of my truck, anything more than that is a bonus.

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The detail shop I go to, where my Bronco will probably be by day 3 of ownership for tint, paint correction, ceramic paint protection, etc. will take that sticker off by default unless I tell them not to. I don't hate it...but I probably won't tell them not to haha. They took off the "PRO-4X" sticker on my Frontier and I haven't regretted that decision once.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I don't really understand the Badge, I'm not really a club guy so forgive my ignorance....to me a "badge" is a metal thing, usually hung on the grill or something ( my grandpa had some) to dictate a club or the car...a sticker on the side of the car , to me, is just a decal. I usually just remove most decals- TRD, 4WD, SUPER whatever- with a heat gun as soon as I get home.

Is all this discussion about the decal that says Badlands? Widtrac?

Couldn't you just get a cool "Badge" made and rivet it wherever you want or put it on your grill? Or is it a "factory" thing, it makes it more legit if from the factory?

Not being an ass, sincerely don't know.
Sponsored