Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get the badge. It signifies a heritage, a standard. I assume to earn a badge, you had to perform, it goes with what you are saying, " the actual capabilities of a vehicle" and it is something to be proud of.

I just didn't think that's what people were talking about with the decal.

If that is what they are saying, I agree. That thing is a decal that i will steam off. You want to make a badge, make it of metal and stamp it on, thats a badge.

Better yet, weld it into the side and call it a brand ( or a tattoo for you younger folk).

I'd prefer they mounted it to the grill, be easier to remove that way....
Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I talked to them today and Tim mentioned details on top colors may be released tonight.
Well then, prob not til B&P and the rest of the accessories I guess.

Are there any members here who will be attending tomorrow? Please let me know, thanks!
So did ya'll forums members say hi to each other or was it some weird incognito situation with awkward eye contact lol.

wnk.gif

It was probably more like this huh

giphy-2.gif

Rutkap

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I measured the Badlands badge (4 1/8" wide x 3" deep) and, when the sun finally came out, took this photo that I hope will show how they have printed something that is reflective as well. Note the "halo" around the lettering in particular, and less so the area in the middle of the, um, vajayjay part, you can kinda see the edge at the top. While it isn't just a thin sticker, it is definitely not super thick.

IMG_2972.jpg
Yeah, don’t know why, but I’m not impressed. I’m dumping 50-55K on a vehicle, I’m expecting more than a $5 sticker on the quarter panel.

I don’t think it is an either or scenario. I don’t do a ton of off roading, so I’m sure it will be more than capable. So yeah, my two biggest concerns after seeing this vehicle is the cheap sticker and the cheap backs on the rear seats.

I get the badge. It signifies a heritage, a standard. I assume to earn a badge, you had to perform, it goes with what you are saying, " the actual capabilities of a vehicle" and it is something to be proud of.

I just didn't think that's what people were talking about with the decal.
100% this. I view this as something akin to the “Trail Rated” badge on a wrangler.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course the capabilities of the vehicle is the most of thing. But quality details should be expected for a vehicle the manufacturer is putting so much effort and hopes in for high sales numbers. Ford came up with the multiple trim levels concept for a reason. Ford should do right by that decision, by making quality trim level badges / emblems. You don't see stickers on the fenders of F-150 trucks. My 94 Bronco doesn't have stickers on it's fenders. My 2012 Mustang GT came with metal 5.0 fender emblems / badges. Most vehicles come with some type of metal emblem / badge. The new Broncos seem to have a metal bucking horse emblem on the tailgate. The Ford Blue Oval emblem isn't a sticker. I believe it's a very cheap move on the part of the Manufacturer to put stickers / decals on a vehicle. I know it's common, and has been done on Iconic vehicles in the past. The hideous screaming chicken decals on Trans Am's, (sorry if I offend some of you) Judge GTO's, Road Runners, etc. It's not a huge deal. I just think Ford should embrace their new Bronco trim level consept with quality trim level badges / emblems.

Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just asked the Ford rep this (same guy who was answering questions the past two days) and he said it is a result of the leather upgrade. Ford considers the marine grade vinyl to be the material buyers need to select if the truly want full washout capability.
Awesome, deal sealed...100% going with Badlands then. I wonder if orange accents will be with the vinyl too? If so, cyber orange then, since it won’t clash

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Of course the capabilities of the vehicle is the most of thing. But quality details should be expected for a vehicle the manufacturer is putting so much effort and hopes in for high sales numbers. Ford came up with the multiple trim levels concept for a reason. Ford should do right by that decision, by making quality trim level badges / emblems. You don't see stickers on the fenders of F-150 trucks. My 94 Bronco doesn't have stickers on it's fenders. My 2012 Mustang GT came with metal 5.0 fender emblems / badges. Most vehicles come with some type of metal emblem / badge. The new Broncos seem to have a metal bucking horse emblem on the tailgate. The Ford Blue Oval emblem isn't a sticker. I believe it's a very cheap move on the part of the Manufacturer to put stickers / decals on a vehicle. I know it's common, and has been done on Iconic vehicles in the past. The hideous screaming chicken decals on Trans Am's, (sorry if I offend some of you) Judge GTO's, Road Runners, etc. It's not a huge deal. I just think Ford should embrace their new Bronco trim level consept with quality trim level badges / emblems.
Absolutely they should be metal

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One key thing I learned at the event yesterday from the brand manager is that, in the month of September, Ford will be having a session where they will be reviewing all of the color / trim options as well as a FAQ portion to answer a lot of the questions being asked about the Bronco. I specifically asked about white top / white fender flare / fender color-coded options, First Edition interior options, decibel levels when driving the vehicle and many other things. He said most, if not ALL of those questions will be addressed during the session. This is a SEPARATE session not associated with the build and price tool. He was taking notes on all of the questions we were asking and was going to add them to the FAQ portion of the event.
This was great news. He said they are reading the forum, listening to customer feedback and are going to try and answer a lot of our questions during this session.
I knew they had to be reading this forum. TBH I am ok with them delaying the B&P if they are taking this feedback and modifying and building a better product.

here are some of the things I hope they are reading very carefully:
1) MT on Sasquatch and 2.7 (I guarantee just about everyone will upgrade to the 2.7 then...hint, hint...you will make more $$)
2) white tops/trim (You will make more $$)
3) Real rear A/C vents (just the right thing to do)
4) better interior color options/upgrades (give us the baseball glove brown/Black on the 2d orange show...again you will make more $$ on upgrades)
5) match accents to paint color, not trim, or let us pick accent or none. (Again..the right thing to do)
6) VB right off the bat, and a green/tan/brown option (charge us an upgrade, some of us will pay it)
7) Ditch the ugly MIC grey top, or at least offer MIC black and white as options (Again, the right thing to do)
8) Improved quality control - we don’t need luxury, but no crumpled leather, cheap plastic, horrid carpet on the back of seats or in the back (right thing to do, and you will sell more Broncos)
9) give us the raptor upgrade now (you will make more $$)
10) give us a winch option that doesn’t kill forward camera (as cool as it looks, your not going to sell many since those who want/need that, also want 360 trail cam to work properly)
11) Put on a quality badge...metal, not some sticker we are going to peel off. (It’s the right thing to do and it’s better marketing for you)
12) lower the prices on some of the upgrades....I promise you I will spend more on the 200+ accessories your offering!! (In the end you will make $$, build a better brand, crush Jeep, and sell more Broncos)

i am sure there are more, but those are the ones I hear most on here that make the most sense and could be fixed before production. I for one am not complaining about the bronco, I think it’s awesome. I am buying one either way, but fix these things and I will spend a lot more on this baby!!!

case in point...I want a MT, 2.7 Sasquatched Badlands...if I can’t get MT though, I am not upgrading to Sasquatch or 2.7

Last edited:

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed on the preeminence of the F-150 in the ford hierarchy. However, if the bronco realizes its potential and is cultivated over time, I believe that eventually the three most important vehicles in the modern ford family will be the F-150, Mustang and the bronco.
I agree as well, and if ford pulls off the bronco successfully, it will build the overall Ford brand and increase sales of all of their other vehicles.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I said that I know everyone has been peppering him with questions I just wanted to know about the white top. He said many of these questions will be answered very soon. Within the next week.
hmmmm......within the next week. I wonder if that means within next week, or the week after? Either could be possibly, especially given their definition of “by”

still good to hear. Thanks for the update though.

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build and Price this fall - he would not commit to September and said there is a lot that goes into it.
So who do we listen to? The brand manager or Mike, the communications manager, who clarified "by September includes September"?

Take all the time to get it right, it'd just be helpful to have some clearer expectations. :coffee:

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So who do we listen to? The brand manager or Mike, the communications manager, who clarified "by September includes September"?

Take all the time to get it right, it'd just be helpful to have some clearer expectations. :coffee:
Yes, I think they are doing everything they can to get it out in September. As others mentioned, fall starts in September, so there is some overlap... But you have to acknowledge by saying fall, he's trying to get a little extra wiggle room. As long as it is before 10/31, people will have time to work with their dealers and switch if necessary, so I think we should just give them the time to get it right.

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys help me out here.... Are those tires the 35s or the 33s?
is that the original CG with white interior? it looks like it. I am pretty sure those are 35s. Looks like the wide fenders and they are fully bead locked

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then you didn't want a Bronco.

no offense
No offense taken - but as a reply - if the bronco was only offered in a base model with only two color options and no Sasquatch package- would you still buy one?
Sponsored