First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have a functional alternative to the ROTOPAX filler nozzle? When using it with the Bronco filler funnel, it is nearly impossible to use without getting gasoline everywhere.

It’s too safe…..

I love the tank. Well done.
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your trunk cargo floor, lift up the bottom floor and grab the funnel, that's what you need to fill it right from containers.

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In your trunk cargo floor, lift up the bottom floor and grab the funnel, that's what you need to fill it right from containers.
Thanks, but already using the funnel. The problem is the ROTOPAX filler is incompatible with the Bronco funnel.

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had my 1-gal Rotopax for about six years now. It's been a while; but, I too had a problem with that nozzle. If I didn't modify it, I bought a different nozzle.

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which spout did your Rotopax come with:

Self%20Venting%20Spout.jpg

New%20Spout%20Pic%202.jpg

The Yellow one is the old one, and the black and red is the newer one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which spout did your Rotopax come with:

Ford Bronco ROTOPAX Filler Nozzle New%20Spout%20Pic%202

Ford Bronco ROTOPAX Filler Nozzle New%20Spout%20Pic%202

The Yellow one is the old one, and the black and red is the newer one.
The “red one’. It will only work against a “hard object”. Using it with the Bronco funnel requires an extra hand or two.

Thank you U.S. Government legislators!!!!…..and all the idiots who sued the manufacturers…..

E. J

Big Bend
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SCab 4X4 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went to look at the filler in my Rotopax. Looks like I mod'd mine. Could have removed a spring? No sure.

Have been using this set up without a leak all these years now.

Ford Bronco ROTOPAX Filler Nozzle IMG_20230219_193714060

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, the yellow/black ones are the old gas/diesel ones, but I have one 1 gallon gas with the new red/black ones.

What I believe you will need to do is turn the red piece and hold it down while you are pouring, the yellow/black ones you don't need to turn the yellow piece.

What it sounds like you were doing, was trying to put pressure on the top of the nozzle to push in and get it to flow, since you can't push in on the funnel, you should be grabbing the base of the nozzle, turn and push down the red piece and continue holding that red piece down while you poor into the funnel.

If you still can't get that to work, the all yellow is said to be for water, but you could just use that. However I would not store that all yellow in a rotopax that is full of fuel, I would just keep it for easy pouring and not leaving it in fuel.

Does that make any sense?

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay, the yellow/black ones are the old gas/diesel ones, but I have one 1 gallon gas with the new red/black ones.

What I believe you will need to do is turn the red piece and hold it down while you are pouring, the yellow/black ones you don't need to turn the yellow piece.

What it sounds like you were doing, was trying to put pressure on the top of the nozzle to push in and get it to flow, since you can't push in on the funnel, you should be grabbing the base of the nozzle, turn and push down the red piece and continue holding that red piece down while you poor into the funnel.

If you still can't get that to work, the all yellow is said to be for water, but you could just use that. However I would not store that all yellow in a rotopax that is full of fuel, I would just keep it for easy pouring and not leaving it in fuel.

Does that make any sense?
Absolutely! But, that’s the problem. Using a hand to push the nozzle “in”, got gasoline all over my hand!!! Not to mention juggling the tank with one hand…..

I’ll buy the yellow one but the disclaimers are ridiculous: “ You absolutely cannot use this nozzle for gasoline use and if you do so, all warrantees, guarantees, etc are null and void and you’re in violation of federal law….. or something like that….

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% throw all the OEM Rotopax gas nozzles right in the garbage. I have history with them and they all suck. As posted above try the water nozzle, bonus it’s flexible so it may help with the silly Ford accessory adapter. I haven’t tried it yet, but regardless toss those Roto gas nozzles straight away, Effers are cursed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all due to federal regulations, which is why you can't have a self venting portable gas carrier. For some reason the feds think these new type of nozzles emits less gaseous fumes into the atmosphere. Do you need a warranty on a nozzle?

OP
OP
RHeinz

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's all due to federal regulations, which is why you can't have a self venting portable gas carrier. For some reason the feds think these new type of nozzles emits less gaseous fumes into the atmosphere. Do you need a warranty on a nozzle?
HELLO!!!!, Yes you are absolutely correct and yes, I was just mostly bitching about it. Thanks for the reply. I guess we all should be thankful that we can lawfully refuel our vehicles Without federal intervention or permits/licenses!

Wanted to see what others were doing since the OEM (federal) nozzle was unusable!

Ironically, I’ll buy the yellow one from the Chinese…..

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[NOTE="emulous74, post: 1810397, member: 17048"]
[/QUOTE]
I've had trouble with these spouts: your "expert class" at work. People go to college and then work for the government to inflict these atrocious products on us. Replacement spouts are available from Amazon, but I've bought a few trying to find one which not only fits with an effective seal, but doesn't crack when bending. Whatever you do, DON'T buy a can with the very mis-named "No-Spill" spout--it is very unwieldy, is difficult to engage the release, and yes, it will spill lots of fuel. Also, you need long-nose pliers and a screwdriver to release the screw-on ratchet lock.
Ford Bronco ROTOPAX Filler Nozzle 1676864223766

No,no,no,no,no NO!

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HELLO!!!!, Yes you are absolutely correct and yes, I was just mostly bitching about it. Thanks for the reply. I guess we all should be thankful that we can lawfully refuel our vehicles Without federal intervention or permits/licenses!

Wanted to see what others were doing since the OEM (federal) nozzle was unusable!

Ironically, I’ll buy the yellow one from the Chinese…..
You can't pump your own gas in some states (NJ being one, if I remember correctly).

Derbystud

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't pump your own gas in some states (NJ being one, if I remember correctly).
Yes when I have been in NJ I've had attendants pump my gas. In NY none of the gas nozzles have the handle lock either, you have to hold it the whole time. I drill a hole in the top of all of the ventless gas cans. I don't want to hold a gas can for a hour to run 5 gallons out of it. The government thinks we are just a bunch of book smart kids with no common sense.
Sponsored