Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No, the comparison is 2 door to 2 door, the top doesn't explain it. Unless the answer is that the shadow black top is .6" taller than the standard hardtop. But again, the question still needs to be asked. Your explanation is still an inference not an explicit statement.
75.2”-73.8“=1.4” on the 2-door. 75.3”-73.9”=1.4” 4-door. If the difference in tire height is an actual inch, the difference is .4” on both. It’s the shadow black top, the difference in actual tire height, or a combination of both.

826EC36D-32E2-40E2-85FF-60123CE1A2DB.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll post this again for you guys......

Yes, but keep in mind those numbers are not correct either. It’s estimated. They haven’t built a WT yet and they havent built any production vehicles.

He could be wrong, but the Ford rep clearly states that the Squatch suspension is higher than the BL suspension.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
75.2”-73.8“=1.4” on the 2-door. 75.3”-73.9”=1.4” 4-door. If the difference in tire height is an actual inch, the difference is .4” on both. It’s the shadow black top, the difference in actual tire height, or a combination of both.

Ford Bronco More Q&A from Bronco Super Celebration West (by multiple sources) 826EC36D-32E2-40E2-85FF-60123CE1A2DB
33s are 32.7", 35s are 34.4". 34.4-32.7=1,7/2=.85 1.4-.85=.55"

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ll post this again for you guys......

Yes, but keep in mind those numbers are not correct either. It’s estimated. They haven’t built a WT yet and they havent built any production vehicles.

He could be wrong, but the Ford rep clearly states that the Squatch suspension is higher than the BL suspension.
So the marketing person knows more than the suspension engineer? The guy in BV is reading off a cheat sheet to answer questions. That’s why they dodge questions, they don’t know what hasn’t specifically been written out for them.

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Later this month” like 3x then this coming week. interesting.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we come up w/a name for the mysterious .400-.600"? Reminds my of the "magic bullet" from the Warren report. Could we call it the "magic half inch"?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can we come up w/a name for the mysterious .400-.600"? Reminds my of the "magic bullet" from the Warren report. Could we call it the "magic half inch"?
The flat-earth hypothesis?

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the marketing person knows more than the suspension engineer? The guy in BV is reading off a cheat sheet to answer questions. That’s why they dodge questions, they don’t know what hasn’t specifically been written out for them.
I don’t know who is right. Neither do you.
But you can’t use those numbers from the website. They are just projected estimates.
Was that specific engineer the one who put in all of the suspension orders from Bilstein? He prob doesn’t know exactly either.

Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t know who is right. Neither do you.
But you can’t use those numbers from the website. They are just projected estimates.
Everyone is using those numbers. I don’t care if they’re accurate or not, the difference in height makes no difference to me. I just don’t get why the assumption is the marketing guy knows more than the engineer. I also don’t get why someone wants to use the numbers as hard facts then claim that they’re preliminary figures when someone uses them to go against what they think is right.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the answer you get when a marketing person is asked technical questions. One of the suspension engineers told me that the suspensions are the same except for the up-travel limiter.
It’s not that technical. Pretty basic question that anyone from Ford should know if they're talking about the vehicle. Yeah, we’ve heard both things. Multiple people reported like this guy that there is more lift with Sasquatch....which your conversation with an engineer contradicted. This was pretty specifically asked though. I tend to believe that there will be more lift on a Sasquatch packaged Badlands, as Ford will try to make as minimal amount of lift as possible to accommodate a specific tire size and a 35 is a good size jump over a 33...and more Ford people have said there is a difference.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everyone is using those numbers. I don’t care if they’re accurate or not, the difference in height makes no difference to me. I just don’t get why the assumption is the marketing guy knows more than the engineer. I also don’t get why someone wants to use the numbers as hard facts then claim that they’re preliminary figures when someone uses them to go against what they think is right.
I don’t know. Maybe this questions has been asked hundreds of times throughout the internet and they were ready with the correct answer this time? The rep doesn’t make up those answers. He got them from somebody at Ford.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whelp, It is. Depending if the "Sasquatch" suspension has bigger tires than the BL suspension. The tires raise the whole truck up a touch... :devilish: ;) :p
Sponsored