Kevika

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's the real issue with Bronco Nation, it only takes one person to pay to get the information and then share it with everyone on this forum. Sure they can have early access or what ever Ford wants to give them but at the end of the day it only takes one person to be on both forums to share information between both sites. No one in this day and age wants to pay for something when they can have it for free somewhere else.
Sponsored

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They don't understand the network effect. Think of Ebay, you could use their auction software and start a company to compete. You would most likely fail. They have the people and the network. If you put something up for sale you need bidders.

Enthusiast forums are the same. If you post and don't get replies then you go where you get them. The network effect is huge. It makes a site like this much more fun and useful. If you charge a fee to get access you kill the network effect. Bronco6G is open to anyone who wants to participate. They have the momentum.

BNation is also banking on the fact that the Bronco market is hungry for info right now. But you don't build a business on having inside info. The Bronco will be released and the desire for info will diminish. The desire for community will continue. Bronco6G has the community. It has the network effect.

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco Nation is a for-profit "independent" marketing firm [...] They depend on being the first to release information and exclusive content in order to draw in more paid memberships.
This type of business is doomed to fail. Paying for news is in the past. Information always gets out eventually and people will naturally consume it however they prefer, without paying. Plus, Brad Lovell seems like a nice guy, but LLOD's video was *way* better. LLOD's video is not posted on their forums. If it is, I cannot find it.

Aggressively snubbing out individual creators or forums will be their down fall. It actually hurts Ford and they should take notice. Bronco Nation seems to offer *a lot* more than just new news. Looks like they are the go-to for member maps, off-roadeo, and a direct connection with Ford which will be their advantage as a "business" once the Bronco is actually released.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. Ford tried to come along and create overnight a Bronco community (which it can control) by paying for it, and recouping the costs by charging members. Reminds me of this Jeep training guide on the Bronco.... the guide was silly but there was one part they got right:

"With Bronco out of the market for 25 years, it has fewer fans. So, seeing how strong Wrangler's organic fan base is, Ford has hired a marketing company to try and build one for them."

Funny thing is there was/is already a strong organic 6th gen Bronco fan base here. ?‍♂
This is probably one of those things that they did not account for, that nobody could have forecast 5, 6, 7 years ago, how much the Bronco Thing would take on a life of it's own.

I mean, I could have predicted it, but my persective is that of a Bronco junkie with two 1st Gens on hand....who used to LIVE over at ClassicBroncos.com....my point of view is always going to be "EVERYBODY WANTS /NEEDS A BRONCO!!!!!!!....... the general public could have just as easily yawned and went back to their Luxury barges with 27 cup holders for their ump-teen dollar Lattes.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
As OP said, I don't think the problem here is what they charge, what you get for the membership fee and whether you want to pay it or not.

The point is that's a real crap way to treat someone who traveled that way to see the new Bronco and is a future owner/customer. For a company like Ford to be associated with this type of petty behavior is a PR disaster.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I can't figure out how to close my account yet, I did change a few details like my location to Bronco6G.com and website to Bronco6G.com. I'm yet to post anything there so no one will see it.

OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This type of business is doomed to fail. Paying for news is in the past. Information always gets out eventually and people will naturally consume it however they prefer, without paying. Plus, Brad Lovell seems like a nice guy, but LLOD's video was *way* better. LLOD's video is not posted on their forums. If it is, I cannot find it.

Aggressively snubbing out individual creators or forums will be their down fall. It actually hurts Ford and they should take notice. Bronco Nation seems to offer *a lot* more than just new news. Looks like they are the go-to for member maps, off-roadeo, and a direct connection with Ford which will be their advantage as a "business" once the Bronco is actually released.
Brad was awesome to talk to! He is totally genuine and does work directly for Ford. He was the most forthcoming when it came to how the technology worked and what the driving experience was like, but that's just it... Way better to have a conversation with him about it, than to have him do a one-sided video.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would like to ask Mike Levine what the motivation would be for Ford to force fans and prospective Bronco clients to pay additional money to get news releases.

We are literally giving Ford millions of dollars in valuable market research for Free based on the feedback discussions from 6G.

They should discontinue the relationship with Bronco Nation and start to reward 6G members. I personally have told several people about the new Bronco and I am aware of 5 different people I have talked to have since placed a reservation for the new Bronco. The latest coming on Friday night. He asked his wife if he could place a reservation. She said yes and I directed him to select Granger ford. All based on what I learned on Bronco 6G.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will never pay for info about a car lol. Good job OP on the info you provided, much appreciated.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
BN has until next summer to gain traction. Once the vehicle is out, the exclusives end. After that, the real action is the average person doing anything and everything to their Broncos. Maybe that stress is getting to them?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a company like Ford to be associated with this type of petty behavior is a PR disaster.
Engage "Spin Doctor" mode:
So what you're saying is Ford hired a PR firm to bully their customers who were trying to get information out regarding an upcoming model at a show and tell event ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.